Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will there be high school football this fall?

Featured Replies

No. If school is back to normal, I would expect sports (and all extra curricular activities) would be back to normal.

 

Right on Brother!

  • Replies 2k
  • Views 301k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ChiefSmoke
    ChiefSmoke

    Last night was very uneasy. Today, things seem much better. Thank you to everyone who has supported our kids playing. And, I genuinely believe having our kids in athletics will hold down Covid nu

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    This so bogus it makes me want to puke. There are untold number of laws that restrict freedom that people follow every day. Wear your seat belt; no drunk driving; concealed carry; speed limits; stop s

  • Skeeterback
    Skeeterback

    Even with a vaccine people will still get the corona. Eventually we have to decide to stop living in fear and move on.

Posted Images

Right on Brother!

 

I'm just not sure I see the clear path to get to normal.

I'm just not sure I see the clear path to get to normal.

 

I realize it is not a popular opinion in some circles but survival of the fittest is the path to normal.

Ohio has closed school for this year and said they anticipate online and in-class learning in 2021, whatever that means. Sounds like football remains up in the air?

 

Just my two cents, but I think some supers in Ohio are looking at splitting their schools in half, and one blue days, the blue students are in the building and the White students are doing NTI. On White days, it gets flipped. On each 10 day cycle, all kids are in 5 days and in NTI 5 days. Keeps the school at 50 percent enrollment and allows for social distancing as classrooms would only be half full. That's what I think they are talking about.

Under that plan, no sports in the Fall.

Just my two cents, but I think some supers in Ohio are looking at splitting their schools in half, and one blue days, the blue students are in the building and the White students are doing NTI. On White days, it gets flipped. On each 10 day cycle, all kids are in 5 days and in NTI 5 days. Keeps the school at 50 percent enrollment and allows for social distancing as classrooms would only be half full. That's what I think they are talking about.

Under that plan, no sports in the Fall.

 

Confused as to why this would mean no fall sports? If you have 800 kids in your school, that would mean you would have 400 kids around each other every other day. Surely if they allow that then having 50 to 75 kids around each other outside at practice wouldn’t be an issue. Just my opinion.

Confused as to why this would mean no fall sports? If you have 800 kids in your school, that would mean you would have 400 kids around each other every other day. Surely if they allow that then having 50 to 75 kids around each other outside at practice wouldn’t be an issue. Just my opinion.

 

It is impossible to social distance in sports. I imagine if they are going to split the school in half to attend on staggering days then they will definitely be practicing strict social distancing to keep the doors open.

Confused as to why this would mean no fall sports? If you have 800 kids in your school, that would mean you would have 400 kids around each other every other day. Surely if they allow that then having 50 to 75 kids around each other outside at practice wouldn’t be an issue. Just my opinion.

 

1) For some, no in-person class equals no extra curriculars (holidays/ weekends excluded)

 

2) Hard to social distance contact sports.

 

3) How do you justify splitting school yet plan on having games/ meets and expect the crowd (if any) to adhere to social distancing? And if you don't have crowds, gonna be hard for people to pay bills (band works football concessions where I live).

I think we will have a season, however I don’t think it will be what we are use to. Maybe a 6 game schedule then playoffs with top two team from each district.

 

Or they might push football back, and have a shorter basketball and baseball season.

 

No way they shorten Basketball season... not in this state. They will shorten football before they shorten basketball.

Just my two cents, but I think some supers in Ohio are looking at splitting their schools in half, and one blue days, the blue students are in the building and the White students are doing NTI. On White days, it gets flipped. On each 10 day cycle, all kids are in 5 days and in NTI 5 days. Keeps the school at 50 percent enrollment and allows for social distancing as classrooms would only be half full. That's what I think they are talking about.

Under that plan, no sports in the Fall.

 

Without hearing more of the details, that sounds like an incredible burden on the teachers if the split occurs through each classroom.

I can't see football this fall without some miracle progression, and we aren't getting that here. If you want sports this fall don't look at what is happening overseas.

 

One thing I think we are leaving out is $$$. Schools are already thinking about the crunch that is going to happen. Extracurriculars will suffer.

Why not? When the playoffs started the championship games were on Thanksgiving day.

 

Playoffs were only 3 games then.

One things for sure, I hope the vast majority of posters/experts on this thread have no say in the decision as to whether or not there is a season. Never have I seen a more pessimistic thread about such a sacred topic. Gloom and doom cash it in.

 

With the spread of the virus by July we will either be better or be worse...but ideally there are multiple items that could be discussed to solve the problem.

 

One thing that I believe wholly, as with everything else, people are just gonna have to go through it without any assistance from the government or science. By July hopefully people just do it, with possibly some attendance restrictions and technological off site viewing options

At what point do you have to start making decisions if you are the schools an/or the KHSAA. 30/60/90 day plans are typically how school admins like to think forshort term issues.

 

What if school A goes back in September and resumes extracurricular and school B decides to wait until October and says no extra curricular...could some of these decisions start trickling back down to local decision makers?

 

If we wait until after Labor Day to go back to school, How long would football players needs to acclimate back into workouts/practice/contact before being able to play safely?

Just my two cents, but I think some supers in Ohio are looking at splitting their schools in half, and one blue days, the blue students are in the building and the White students are doing NTI. On White days, it gets flipped. On each 10 day cycle, all kids are in 5 days and in NTI 5 days. Keeps the school at 50 percent enrollment and allows for social distancing as classrooms would only be half full. That's what I think they are talking about.

Under that plan, no sports in the Fall.

 

This would really be hard on parents trying to find daycare for the days their kids are off.

Bylaw 23 Provisions – Football Practice Regulations | Kentucky High School Athletic Association

 

(12) Any student who has neither participated in organized competition in a KHSAA sanctioned winter or spring sport, nor has documentation of supervision by a coach qualified under Bylaw 25 in a minimum of 8 conditioning workouts after the previous season and before the start of spring practice (including competition on a competitive weight lifting team at the school), shall have two (2) days of practice in helmets only and two (2) additional days in shells (helmets and shoulder pads) for acclimation prior to wearing the remainder of the allowable football gear;

 

 

 

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.