Everything posted by PurplePride92
-
2026 WGM Holiday Classic
Dang. Was hoping I could see North Oldham without much travel. I’m lazy in my old age.
-
2026 WGM Holiday Classic
Hoping we can get North Oldham and St. X in this bad boy.
-
Open Job: Mercer County
Hearing Tony McCombs with Jason Dunn as a package deal as a possibility now. Anyone else hearing this?
-
Open Job: Mercer County
I’m honestly not sure. I think he was at East Jessamine recently but I am going off memory and my memory is jacked these days. ? Edit: yes, he is at Mercer. He’s teaching at the middle school and was hired to be an assistant this year if I am not mistaken. Hearing his Dad has been helping with the line so I imagine both will still be there at some capacity whether it is interim or not.
-
Open Job: Mercer County
Why just interim with Craig? Wouldn’t he be a viable permanent option?
-
Open Job: Mercer County
Never know. I once watched Chuck Smith declare how happy he was to be at Madison Central only to end up at Boyle County less than two weeks later.
-
Open Job: Mercer County
Tommy Lee Craig.
-
Open Job: Mercer County
I can’t help but wonder if Tommy Lee, William Harris or Dwight Sutton might be interested.
-
KHSAA Approves 35-second Shot Clock for 2027-28 season
I’ve seen enough KY High School basketball to know this is a bad idea but whatever. Modern times, yada yada yada. Some bad basketball is about to be played.
-
12th Region Off-Season Discussion (2025-2026)
Couldn’t tell you. Wasn’t there and I haven’t specifically discussed this situation with Coach Adams. I did see someone say that fouling a 65% free throw shooter is a bad idea. I disagree and I’m guessing that Coach Adams didn’t think it was a bad idea at the time. I’d definitely think about putting a 65% free throw shooter on the line in a pressure situation. Folks are more concerned about the decision to put him on the line when the reality of the situation is that the kid stepped up in a big moment and knocked down arguably the most important free throws of his life. The kid deserves that credit. I’ve seen 80% free throw shooters miss in those same situations. Worth a shot. ??♂️
-
12th Region Off-Season Discussion (2025-2026)
You must new to basketball, Coach.
-
12th Region Off-Season Discussion (2025-2026)
Will do. Steve has forgotten more basketball than you’ll ever know. I’ve watched him take teams that had low expectations and he turned them into winners. I’ve watched take team after team to regional tournaments. I’ve watched him and Jeff Jackson go toe to toe for years with some top notch 12th Region talent with the main rule being the first one to 50 points wins the game. I’ve watched him make players out of kids who didn’t know they had it in them to be studs. I’ve watched him win in the game of basketball for decades even though the game keeps constantly changing around him since the time he began coaching. Long story short, Steve is and has always been a phenomenal coach whose sole purpose is to put his team in the best position to win the game. Last thing I’m gonna do is listen to armchair coaches over analyze something they likely don’t know squat about.
-
12th Region Off-Season Discussion (2025-2026)
No coach has won every game nor been perfect every game. I look forward to following your squad this year since you are God’s gift to basketball. I can’t wait to learn from you.
-
12th Region Off-Season Discussion (2025-2026)
Gotcha. Was curious if he had a hot hand or not.
-
12th Region Off-Season Discussion (2025-2026)
Good luck to your team this season.
-
12th Region Off-Season Discussion (2025-2026)
Steve has always been next level. Especially when it comes to basketball. Most folks can’t keep up so I understand your confusion.
-
12th Region Off-Season Discussion (2025-2026)
You sure that’s who he wanted shooting the ball? And if so, how had the kid been shooting in the tournament and that game? You using season stats or recent stats when calculating that 30%?
-
New Section added to KRS Chapter 160 regulating school employee communication with students
Heard an email walking back some stuff was sent out today.
-
Open Job: Boyle County
He’d still have to work his way up to that kind of job and that involves networking. Becoming a high school head coach will only improve his network. Just seems like Boyle basketball is headed to some dark days. If Hagen ain’t that guy then they better get someone who will be just as enthusiastic about the program as well as knowing their place in the building. Good luck.
-
Open Job: Boyle County
He’s been at Taylor County as an assistant for a few years now and he runs the middle school program over there as well. I want to say he did some graduate assistant coaching at Campbellsville University once he was done playing there before he went to Taylor County. Playing under Steve Adams and Keith Adkins gives him extensive knowledge of the game and hopefully Boyle County will bring him home and let him grow since it appears like the program will be starting in a new direction regardless of who the next coach is.
-
Open Job: Boyle County
Boyle County should hire Hagen Tyler if he wants the job. Period.
-
Lamar Jackson - All-Time Leading QB Rushing Yards
He has a chance for sure but he also has a long way to go. Lamar is just entering his prime.
-
Lamar Jackson - All-Time Leading QB Rushing Yards
Greatest dual threat QB ever.
-
Survivor Season 47
He definitely did. Made me nervous for a second. lol.
-
Survivor Season 47
Shew. They got it right.