Terms of Service
On behalf of the entire Staff, we welcome you to BluegrassPreps.com, INC (BGP). As with any large community, we require that all Members/Users follow our Terms of Service (TOS) which are a set of guidelines, policies, and rules that everyone must follow. Some situations require staff judgement calls, and may not be spelled out in the Terms of Service.
You must be at least 18 years of age and graduated from (or out of) high school to join BGP.
Considering the real-time nature of this forum (BGP), it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and BGP is not responsible for the contents of any message (See Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act - "No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider"). The messages express the views of the author of the message, not the views of BGP or any entity associated with BGP. Any user who feels that a posted message(s) are in violation of our TOS is encouraged to report it using the "Report" feature in the “More Options” menu that can be accessed by clicking the “…” icon located in the upper right-hand side of every post. It is the policy of BGP not to censor messages posted by our members, but in specific cases where message(s) are posted in conflict with our TOS, we do have the ability to remove violations of our TOS and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine the message(s) violate our TOS. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use BGP to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any law. You agree not to post and represent as your own any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by BGP. Failure to agree to, or follow these terms can result in the suspension and/or cancellation of your account, as well as the forfeiture of your non-refundable registration and membership fee.
Although BGP does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages (See Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act), we at BGP reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless BGP, Invision Community (developers of our Invision Software) and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your messages.
We at BGP also reserve the right to reveal your identity in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
Members/Users of BGP agree to follow all of the below-listed posting rules, guidelines, and policies at all times:
1. No advertising in any form (with limited exceptions in the Advertising Forum) or any negative comments about any advertiser.
2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes, name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, team, or school. Additionally this includes a pattern of posts that inflames or incites other posters (i.e. trolling or gaslighting). Also, keeping in mind the youth of our student athletes, excessive "bashing" of high school athletes is prohibited. Do not comment on the manner in which another member has posted, or any violations you find in their posts. Such public remarks will be considered a violation under this rule. No attempts at "threadjacking", or deliberately steering the discussion off topic, are permitted on BGP. Topics may evolve through gradual discourse and conversation within a thread, but posts intended to veer thread discussions off course or to intentionally bring non-pertinent information into a thread are subject to removal. If you feel that a specific post violates our rules, please report it using the "Report" feature in the “More Options” menu that can be accessed by clicking the “…” icon located in the upper right-hand side of every post.
3. Derogatory comments about anyone's race, religion, nationality, creed, gender, or sexual orientation are prohibited.
4. No recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No comments about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact Kentucky High School Athletic Association | KHSAA – Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.
5. No comments, whatsoever, about any member's true identity in any public forum on BGP. This includes any question, hint (whether true or not), attempt to divulge, or attempt to determine a user's identity posted in any BGP forum.
6. No putting incorrect or false information on the site.
7. No user names that sound like profanity, you may not mimic anyone's user name, and no proper names for user names unless it is your real name. Avatars must be in good taste as well.
8. Any attempt to use or suggest profanity is prohibited. This means you may not use symbols to replace some or all of the letters in a word that might otherwise be blocked by the BGP word filter. Any attempt to circumvent the word filter with general abbreviations or text message abbreviations will also be considered a violation under this rule.
9. No discussion of ANY criminal behavior (charged or uncharged) in the high school forums. Discussion of adult criminal behavior is permitted in all non-high school forums. However, discussion of criminal behavior by juveniles (anyone under 18) is never permitted anywhere on BGP with limited, approved exceptions in our Controversial Issues Forum.
10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums (i.e. bet, over/under, spread, parlay, chips, line, odds). All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.
11. No one else may access or login to your account for any reason. In other words, sharing of accounts by anyone, including family members and friends is not allowed and may result in the account holder's immediate suspension. Remember as well to log off after accessing the site, especially in public areas, to prevent access to your private member account.
12. No complaints, or comments whatsoever, about the web site (BGP), its members, or its management on the forums or in public. This includes, but is not limited to:
Discussion of elements of any post(s), whether your own or anyone else’s, that you suspect are a violation of the BGP Terms of Service. Site moderation is to be left to the moderation/administration staff. Again, if you feel that a specific post violates our Terms of Service, please report it using the "Report" feature in the “More Options” menu that can be accessed by clicking the “…” icon located in the upper right-hand side of every post.
Any mention of prohibited subject matter. (e.g. – “I’d discuss further but it’s a violation,” “unfortunately we can’t talk about that because it is against the BGP rules/Terms of Service," "let's not do anything to get this thread shut down," "please follow the rules/Terms of Service so we can discuss this.")
Directly citing or quoting the BGP Terms of Service or warnings issued by a moderator/administrator in any public forum.
Any quote, response, comment, or commentary about the administration of the BGP Terms of Service, including any response by any moderator/administrator.
To summarize, you are not permitted to comment on the administration (the process or activity of running of BGP in any manner) on the forum (BGP). If you have a concern, question, complaint, or any constructive criticism, we request you send an email to theguru at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the issue.
13. Within reason, you must use correct spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and grammar when posting on the forums.
14. If you repost or quote content that is against the rules, you are similarly as guilty, and face the identical consequences as the member who originated it.
No Politics Policy
Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, lawmaker, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, White House, Capitol, General Assembly, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, bill, House Bill (HBxxx), Senate Bill (SBxxx), legislative process, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.
Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.
Game Thread Posting Policy
BGP encourages all members to post new threads to discuss upcoming games and to discuss the outcome of any games. In order to maintain a clear and concise appearance in the forums and to make the site as easily navigable and searchable as possible, members posting game threads are required to title their threads using the following formatting:
TeamA 21 TeamB 14 (Scrimmage)
Prediction/Update Threads should follow one of these examples:
TeamA vs. TeamB Predictions/Updates
TeamA at Team B Predictions/Updates
Final Score Threads MUST follow this format:
TeamA 14 TeamB 7
For games involving out of state teams:
TeamA 38 TeamB (OH) 30
TeamA 30 TeamB (IN) 7
Freshman and JV games MUST use the following format:
TeamA 21 TeamB 7 (JV)
TeamA 14 TeamB 7 (Frosh)
TeamA 35 TeamB (IN) 28 (Frosh)
All "Prediction/Update Threads" will be closed once a final score is reported for the game, and then a "Final Score Thread" should be started.
Lastly, please use "County" rather than "Co." or “Cty.”
When posting links to 3rd party websites, all members must comply with the following:
I. Copyrights and content usage guidelines - As a general rule, no more than 25% of the actual content of any 3rd party article/story/content/link can be re-posted directly to BGP.
II. Quoted articles/stories/content must be accompanied by a properly operating link to the original source of the content being shared to BGP.
III. When any member posts a link to a 3rd party website, that link MUST be accompanied by meaningful commentary in the post explaining why the link has been shared. This is intended to provide insight about the link without forcing anyone to leave BGP in order to understand the subject matter, as well as continuing to generate organic discussion in the thread rather than completely directing attention elsewhere. Meaningful commentary could include questions (one simple question will not be sufficient) intended to stem discussion, it can be some personal observations about the topic of the link, or it could simply be a summary in the member’s own words about what is contained in the link.
IV. Videos and photographs being posted on BGP from 3rd party websites must be posted in accordance with the proper copyright and/or registered trademarks associated with those videos and photographs. Additionally, any photos or videos must be accompanied by meaningful commentary when they are posted. Video links directly embedded into posts via BGP's 'Insert Video' tool are sufficient for meeting the terms of the Link Policy.
V. If anyone is in violation of our Link Policy, please report it using the "Report" feature in the “More Options” menu that can be accessed by clicking the “…” icon located in the upper right-hand side of every post. Or, if anyone that is not a member of BGP feels that someone is in violation of our Link Policy, please contact theguru at: email@example.com to report any violations.
Subscription, Cancellation, Suspension, and Reinstatement Policy
All BGP User/Member accounts require a subscription processed yearly through PayPal, the worldwide leader in Internet Credit Card payment. You must maintain an active subscription to access your BGP User account. Your $20 payment is a registration/yearly member fee only and access to your BGP User account requires you to maintain your subscription. If you cancel your subscription your account will no longer be active and you forfeit the balance of your non-refundable registration and membership fee. You can cancel your BGP subscription at anytime by going to PayPal.com and cancelling your subscription to BGP. Again, if you cancel your subscription, you forfeit your non-refundable registration and membership fee.
You understand that any violation of these rules, guidelines, and policies may result in the suspension and/or cancellation of your membership in BluegrassPreps.com, as well as the forfeiture of your non-refundable registration and membership fee. The management of BGP, without warning or negotiation, will implement said suspension and/or cancellation. Reinstatement of your membership following suspension and/or cancellation is not automatic; serious violators will not be reinstated and you will forfeit your non-refundable registration and membership fee. To be eligible for reinstatement consideration, members must acknowledge their understanding of the rule(s)/policies they violated, as well as give us their assurance that they will abide by the BGP TOS and stated rules/polices in the future.
Any suspended members who do not seek reinstatement within a period of 10 days are subject to having their subscription cancelled and forfeiting their non-refundable registration and membership fee. If reinstatement consideration is sought after the a member's subscription has been cancelled, or for whatever reason the member does not have an active BGP subscription, the member will be required to start a new subscription in order to be considered for reinstatement.
User understands and agrees that BGP shall have the right, at any time and at their sole discretion, to amend the terms and conditions of our Terms of Service. User agrees to abide by the terms and conditions, as modified, in consideration of User's continued use hereof.
User acknowledges and explicitly agrees and consents that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for the resolution of any and all disputes arising under our Terms of Service or out of User's participation with BGP shall vest exclusively with the District and/or Circuit Courts of Boone County, Kentucky, and no other, regardless of the User's country, state or county of residence.
Rob aka theguru
Owner of BluegrassPreps.com