On behalf of the entire Staff, we welcome you to BluegrassPreps.com, INC (BGP). As with any large community, we ask that everyone follow our TOS (Terms of Service) which are a set of guidelines and rules for everyone to follow. Some situations require staff judgement calls, and may not be spelled out in the terms of service.
You must be at least 16 years of age to join BGP. If you are under the age of 18, you acknowledge and agree that you have received parental consent for membership on this site and that the contract for payment with BGP is with an adult on your behalf.
Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of BGP or any entity associated with this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. It is the policy of BGP not to censor messages posted by its members, but in specific cases where messages are posted in conflict with our TOS, we do have the ability to remove the objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use BGP to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any law. You agree not to post and represent as your own any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by BGP. Failure to agree to, or follow these terms can result in the suspension and/or cancellation of your account, as well as the forfeiture of your non-refundable registration and membership fee.
Although BGP does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at BGP reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless BGP, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin) and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your messages.
We at BGP also reserve the right to reveal your identity in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this web site.
Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.
Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.
Members of BGP agree to follow the all of the below-listed posting rules and site policies at all times:
1. No advertising in any form (with limited exceptions in the Advertising Forum) or any negative comments about any advertiser.
2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes, name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, team, or school. Additionally this includes a pattern of posts that inflames or incites other posters (i.e. trolling or gaslighting). Also, keeping in mind the youth of our student athletes, excessive "bashing" of high school athletes is prohibited. Do not comment on the manner in which another member has posted, or any violations you find in their posts. Such public remarks will be considered a violation under this rule. No attempts at "threadjacking", or deliberately steering the discussion off topic, are permitted on BGP. Topics may evolve through gradual discourse and conversation within a thread, but posts intended to veer thread discussions off course or to intentionally bring non-pertinent information into a thread are subject to removal. If you feel that a specific post violates our rules, please report it using the "Report Post" feature - the triangular “!” icon located in the bottom left-hand side of every post.
3. Derogatory comments about anyone's race, religion, nationality, creed or sexual orientation will not be tolerated.
4. No recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No comments about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact Kentucky High School Athletic Association | KHSAA – Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.
5. No comments, whatsoever, about any member's true identity in any public forum on BGP. This includes any question, hint (whether true or not), attempt to divulge, or attempt to determine a user's identity posted in any BGP forum.
6. No putting incorrect or false information on the site.
7. No user names that sound like profanity, you may not mimic anyone's user name, and no proper names for user names unless it is your real name. Avatars must be in good taste as well.
8. Any attempt to use or suggest profanity is prohibited. This means you may not use symbols to replace some or all of the letters in a word that might otherwise be blocked by the BGP word filter. Any attempt to circumvent the word filter with general abbreviations or text message abbreviations will also be considered a violation under this rule.
9. No discussion of ANY criminal behavior (charged or uncharged) in the high school forums. Discussion of adult criminal behavior is permitted in all non-high school forums. However, discussion of criminal behavior by juveniles (anyone under 18) is never permitted anywhere on BGP.
10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums. All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.
11. No one else may access or login to your account for any reason. In other words, sharing of accounts by anyone, including family members and friends is not allowed and may result in the account holder's immediate suspension. Remember as well to log off after accessing the site, especially in public areas, to prevent posting by unknown individuals.
12. No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have a complaint (or if you have any constructive criticism) you need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the issue. When a moderator warns of possible rule violation or makes a request in a thread, do not ignore the warning/request and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning, ignoring a moderator request or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules may result in your suspension.
13. Within reason, you must use correct spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and grammar when posting on the forums.
14. If you repost or quote content that is against the rules, you are similarly as guilty, and face the identical consequences as the member who originated it.
Game Thread Posting Policy
BGP encourages all members to post new threads to discuss upcoming games and to discuss the outcome of any games. In order to maintain a clear and concise appearance in the forums and to make the site as easily navigable and searchable as possible, members posting game threads are required to title their threads using the following formatting:
TeamA 21 TeamB 14 (Scrimmage)
Pregame Prediction or Discussion Threads should follow one of these examples:
TeamA vs. TeamB Predictions
Update Threads MUST follow this format:
Final Score Threads MUST follow this format:
TeamA 14 TeamB 7
For games involving out of state teams:
TeamA 38 TeamB (OH) 30
TeamA 30 TeamB (IN) 7
Freshman and JV games MUST use the following format:
TeamA 21 TeamB 7 (JV)
TeamA 14 TeamB 7 (Frosh)
TeamA 35 TeamB (IN) 28 (Frosh)
Each "Prediction Thread" will be closed prior to the start of the game. All "Update Threads" will be closed once a final score is reported, then a "Final Thread" should be started.
Lastly, please use "County" rather than "Co." or “Cty.”
Thread Prefix/Tab Policy
Prefixes/Tabs are a feature on BGP designed to help categorize certain threads. When creating a thread, the member is taken to the Post New Thread window. The member will see in the Post New Thread window that there is a Prefix drop-down menu located on the left just above the Title Field. If this drop-down menu is clicked, the member is given 5 different Prefix options to select from to categorize their new thread, should one of the Prefixes apply. If one of the Prefixes is selected, it will post a color-labeled Tab next to the new thread once it has been posted, and these Tabs can be used to help more quickly navigate the content on BGP. Not all new threads will have an applicable Tab, as the following requirements apply for the use of Tabs:
Article Tab: In order to use the Article Tab, the original post must be 400 words or more, and must be original content written by the member who is creating the thread.
Photo Tab: In order to use the Photo Tab, the original post must contain a digital photo or photos embedded in the post. Photo(s) must be property of the member posting the thread. Links to photos are not permitted.
Contest Tab: The Contest Tab is for the use of BGP staff members only. Threads marked with Contest Tabs are new contests or are the results of a contest that are offered by BGP.
Video Tab: In order to use the Video Tab, the original post must contain a video link that has been embedded directly in the original post, or linked within the original post. Members posting videos must be the video’s creator, or have rights to post the video/video link.
Weather Tab: The Weather Tab is for the use of BGP staff members only. BGP is a NOAA recognized Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador, and Weather Tabs are used to identify threads that discuss current weather outlooks and forecasts, severe weather watches and warnings, and updates on current weather conditions.
When posting links to 3rd party websites, all members must comply with the following:
I. Copyrights and content usage guidelines - As a general rule, no more than 25% of the actual content of any 3rd party article/story/content/link can be re-posted directly to BGP.
II. Quoted articles/stories/content must be accompanied by a properly operating link to the original source of the content being shared to BGP.
III. When any member posts a link to a 3rd party website, that link MUST be accompanied by meaningful commentary in the post explaining why the link has been shared. This is intended to provide insight about the link without forcing anyone to leave BGP in order to understand the subject matter, as well as continuing to generate organic discussion in the thread rather than completely directing attention elsewhere. Meaningful commentary could include questions (one simple question will not be sufficient) intended to stem discussion, it can be some personal observations about the topic of the link, or it could simply be a summary in the member’s own words about what is contained in the link.
IV. Videos and photographs being posted on BGP from 3rd party websites must be posted in accordance with the proper copyright and/or registered trademarks associated with those videos and photographs. Additionally, any photos or videos must be accompanied by meaningful commentary when they are posted. Video links directly embedded into posts via BGP's 'Insert Video' tool are sufficient for meeting the terms of the Link Policy.
V. If anyone is in violation of our Link Policy, please report the post using the “Report Post” feature – the triangular “!” icon located in the bottom left-hand side of every post. Or, if anyone that is not a member of BGP feels that someone is in violation of our Link Policy, please contact theguru at: email@example.com to report any violations.
BluegrassPreps.com, INC respects your privacy and use of the web.
Your computer reaches us through a particular IP (Internet Protocol) address. This can reveal the identity of your Internet Service Provider and their demographic location. This data is used for statistics to determine number of visitor's daily and to prevent abusive members from accessing the site. None of this information is sold or disseminated to outside parties. The individual web pages from BluegrassPreps.com that you have requested using your browser are kept for information on traffic patterns within our site. This helps to determine the most popular pages and categories of our site. It is also used to find links to pages that no longer exist. None of this information is sold or disseminated to outside parties.
Your browser has the ability to use so-called "cookies" which, unless you disable their use, store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to various web sites. Our message boards uses these cookies to enhance our poster's experience during their visit. None of this information is sold or disseminated to outside parties. Because of the nature of web message boards, any information that is posted on the board will become public. We encourage poster's to keep private information off the board.
Our message boards ask posters for an e-mail address, demographic, and profile data. The customer's contact information is used to contact the visitor only when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings. No information is sold or disseminated to outside parties.
This site contains links to other sites. BluegrassPreps.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other web sites that are not under our control.
If a user wishes to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for your e-mail address. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings/newsletters. No information from the newsletter is sold or disseminated to outside parties.
From time-to-time our site requests information from users for surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
Privacy for Children Aged 12 and Under
You must be at least 16 years of age to join BluegrassPreps.com.
BluegrassPreps.com is prohibited from conditioning a child's participation in an activity on the child's disclosing more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in such activity. Parents can review and request deletion of their child's personal information, and can refuse to permit further collection or use of their child's information.
Suspension, Cancellation, and Reinstatement Policy
You understand that any violation of these rules and policies may result in the suspension and/or cancellation of your membership in BluegrassPreps.com, as well as the forfeiture of your non-refundable registration and membership fee. The management of BGP, without warning or negotiation, will implement said suspension and/or cancellation. Reinstatement (serious violators will not be reinstated) of your membership following suspension and/or cancellation is not automatic. To be eligible for reinstatement consideration, members must acknowledge their understanding of the rule(s) they violated, as well as give us their assurance that they will abide by the BGP TOS and stated rules in the future. Additionally, reinstatement is subject to the following payment schedule:
The first time a member is suspended there is no fee for reinstatement.
A second suspension will result in a $10 reinstatement fee.
A third suspension will require a $25 reinstatement fee.
A fourth suspension will require a $50 reinstatement fee.
In the unlikely event of a fifth suspension, the violator will be permanently banned from BGP.
Any rule 11 violations will require a minimum of a $20 reinstatement fee.
Suspended members who choose not to pay for reinstatement may not sign up for a new account. We will strictly enforce this rule.
Again, in addition to the fee structure, to be eligible for reinstatement consideration, members must acknowledge their understanding of the rule(s) they violated, as well as give us their assurance that they will abide by the BGP TOS and the stated rules & policies in the future. Any suspended members who do not seek reinstatement within a period of 10 days are subject to having their subscriptions cancelled. If reinstatement consideration is sought after the a member's subscription has been canceled or for whatever reason the member does not have an active BGP subscription, the member will be required to start a new subscription in order to be considered for reinstatement.
In cases of serious or intentional violation, we reserve the right to forgo this scale, up to and including immediate and permanent expulsion from BGP.
User understands and agrees that BGP shall have the right, at any time and at their sole discretion, to amend the terms and conditions of this TOS. User agrees to abide by the terms and conditions, as modified, in consideration of User's continued use hereof.
User acknowledges and explicitly agrees and consents that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for the resolution of any and all disputes arising under this TOS or out of User's participation with BGP shall vest exclusively with the District and/or Circuit Courts of Boone County, Kentucky, and no other, regardless of the User's country, state or county of residence.
Rob aka theguru
Owner of BluegrassPreps.com