Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

I think there's a strong chance there will be no further athletic activity through the end of the dead regular dead period. If we hit the peak by May as expected, and we don't have any further set backs, I think there's a strong chance everything get started as normal. However, there should at least be a plan in place should this not resolve quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
Trinity must not be planning on playing this year. They still haven't released a schedule. How late can a program wait to have it finalized?

I’m sure they have contracts. The KHSAA site is more a formality. Unless one of their games was a one year contract it should be the same as last except flipped.

I’m sure they have contracts. The KHSAA site is more a formality. Unless one of their games was a one year contract it should be the same as last except flipped.

It is, yes. Except for one game. And that's the one I'm always excited to find out about. It's someone new every year.

I looked at KY on there and the peak was around April 30. If that is correct, I see KY starting to open things back up by the second week of May.

That was the initial peak. With no surefire treatment and no vaccine there could very well be another flare up once things start opening up. It isn't just going away.