Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

But most right now are not working. If we are back in school I see most of them are back working.

Plenty of essential workers having to make arrangements for their kids right now. Atleast this time they'll have several months notice that there could be no school in the fall compared to the days notice they received the first go around.

Plenty of essential workers having to make arrangements for their kids right now. Atleast this time they'll have several months notice that there could be no school in the fall compared to the days notice they received the first go around.

I understand what you are saying but a whole lot more will have to be doing that.

Without hearing more of the details, that sounds like an incredible burden on the teachers if the split occurs through each classroom.

I would much prefer this than no student/classroom engagement at all. It will not be any more challenging than what we are doing now.

Meet, teach, assign, two days later meet, check work, answer questions, maybe assess, teach more, rinse and repeat.

Let's look at this. In February, we had 15 cases, on the way to zero. We didn't test. We didn't contact trace. We waited for it to go away. The only way to open schools, business, sports or anything else is to first reduce the number of cases to a manageable number and then test and contact trace all cases as soon as they are identified. That will require a testing program that is three to five times what we are doing now and that we reduce the number of cases to a fraction of what we now have. If we do those things we can begin to open things up.

Let's look at this. In February, we had 15 cases, on the way to zero. We didn't test. We didn't contact trace. We waited for it to go away. The only way to open schools, business, sports or anything else is to first reduce the number of cases to a manageable number and then test and contact trace all cases as soon as they are identified. That will require a testing program that is three to five times what we are doing now and that we reduce the number of cases to a fraction of what we now have. If we do those things we can begin to open things up.

It really is this simple IMO.

I believe testing is way over rated:

https://bluegrasspreps.com/controversial-issues/is-coronavirus-testing-388790.html

I think that testing by itself is not going to be enough. You also have to contact trace and then isolate those that have been exposed until after the incubation period. In one sense that is what the current stay at home period is doing. Since we can't determine who has been exposed we tell everyone to act as if they have been exposed. When that number gets low enough, we can begin to test, trace and isolate the people that are identified. It isn't perfect, but until we get viable treatments or cures it will be the best we have.

I think that testing by itself is not going to be enough. You also have to contact trace and then isolate those that have been exposed until after the incubation period. In one sense that is what the current stay at home period is doing. Since we can't determine who has been exposed we tell everyone to act as if they have been exposed. When that number gets low enough, we can begin to test, trace and isolate the people that are identified. It isn't perfect, but until we get viable treatments or cures it will be the best we have.

With the majority of people being asymptomatic all the testing and tracing in the world is going to be like spinning our tires in the mud.