Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

hoops5

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by hoops5

  1. If you like Alice Feeney, give Frieda McFadden a try. (If you haven't already. )
  2. Listening to this on audiobook. Intrigued. I still try to read in addition to audiobooks. But I can listen while I'm driving, cleaning, walking, cooking, etc.
  3. I was just curious. Was hoping for some insight from a Holy Cross faithful--and Baseball Nut 24 answered it perfectly.
  4. Question about the Holy Cross gym. Why is the visitor fan section across from the home bench, and home fan section across from the visitor's bench? And---in the second half, doesn't it make more sense for the fans to be sitting near their teams' scoring basket? Just curious.
  5. Go Jags! Glad the guys got a win!
  6. No horse tonight but still got the W!
  7. Nice post, @Mustang. Thanks. The Mustangs look strong. Good luck to them. And the Cru has a horse. So there is that.
  8. Nice win by the baby Jags! Very happy for them! B-ball future looks hopeful in Union.
  9. Any details? For Cooper—how did Yamil do? Or Henry Swan?
  10. I’m not sure anything has been proven. Generally speaking, the rigor is lower. Reliable assessment data is not feasible with this platform. We will have learning gaps that will continue to widen, the longer students are out of the classroom.
  11. I want normal just as much as everyone else. I hope our health care system is ready.
  12. Can you tell me what the guidelines are? Thanks.
  13. Try as I might, I just don’t see this happening. “A couple thousand kids enter a building. The break into groups of 20-30, and go to a room for about 50 min. Then they go to another room with 20-30 different kids, for another 50 minutes. This happens 4 more times that day.” I struggle more with the logistics of running a school day, than the logistics of sports.
  14. I’m sorry to hear this. Prayers for his family.
  15. It’s not a normal year for anything. Football included.
  16. Absconding. Love to learn new vocabulary. Thanks.
  17. Yes! It is horrible and disturbing. I will also add that it looks like a set up.
  18. This was just one portion of the unit. There was technical content, chemical reactions, and collection of data involved.
  19. During the “Virtual School Disaster”, my son’s chemistry class has switched gears to learn more about practical chem applications. Theme to one assignment was about the spread of Covid-19. The message was, “Act like you have it.” Then, “If you have it, you can spread it.” Finally, “Think of others and not the inconvenience on you, that is why you social distance and wear masks/gloves.”
  20. Crowds of 250 by July 4th? It would seem that schools, sports and everything else open up.
  21. And an annoyance to wear. I don’t know how our healthcare workers wear them all day.
  22. Face masks will be the new fashion accessory.
  23. Spirit wear masks. It’s going to be a thing at each school.
  24. I would much prefer this than no student/classroom engagement at all. It will not be any more challenging than what we are doing now. Meet, teach, assign, two days later meet, check work, answer questions, maybe assess, teach more, rinse and repeat.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.