Everything posted by hoops5
-
What Are You Reading: 2026
If you like Alice Feeney, give Frieda McFadden a try. (If you haven't already. )
-
What Are You Reading: 2026
Listening to this on audiobook. Intrigued. I still try to read in addition to audiobooks. But I can listen while I'm driving, cleaning, walking, cooking, etc.
-
Covington Holy Cross 77 St. Henry 55
I was just curious. Was hoping for some insight from a Holy Cross faithful--and Baseball Nut 24 answered it perfectly.
-
Covington Holy Cross 77 St. Henry 55
Question about the Holy Cross gym. Why is the visitor fan section across from the home bench, and home fan section across from the visitor's bench? And---in the second half, doesn't it make more sense for the fans to be sitting near their teams' scoring basket? Just curious.
-
Covington Holy Cross 77 St. Henry 55
This.
-
Cooper 60 Paintsville 57
Go Jags! Glad the guys got a win!
-
St. Henry 21 Gallatin County 12
No horse tonight but still got the W!
-
Bishop Brossart 55 St. Henry 3
Nice post, @Mustang. Thanks. The Mustangs look strong. Good luck to them. And the Cru has a horse. So there is that.
-
2021 Jack Kaelin NKY Freshman Invitational Tourney
Nice win by the baby Jags! Very happy for them! B-ball future looks hopeful in Union.
-
2021 Jack Kaelin NKY Freshman Invitational Tourney
Any details? For Cooper—how did Yamil do? Or Henry Swan?
-
Will there be high school football this fall?
I’m not sure anything has been proven. Generally speaking, the rigor is lower. Reliable assessment data is not feasible with this platform. We will have learning gaps that will continue to widen, the longer students are out of the classroom.
-
Will there be high school football this fall?
I want normal just as much as everyone else. I hope our health care system is ready.
-
Will there be high school football this fall?
Can you tell me what the guidelines are? Thanks.
-
Will there be high school football this fall?
Try as I might, I just don’t see this happening. “A couple thousand kids enter a building. The break into groups of 20-30, and go to a room for about 50 min. Then they go to another room with 20-30 different kids, for another 50 minutes. This happens 4 more times that day.” I struggle more with the logistics of running a school day, than the logistics of sports.
-
Brossart Coach Joe Lloyd, Dead at 56
I’m sorry to hear this. Prayers for his family.
-
Will there be high school football this fall?
It’s not a normal year for anything. Football included.
-
Ahmaud Arbery
Absconding. Love to learn new vocabulary. Thanks.
-
Ahmaud Arbery
Yes! It is horrible and disturbing. I will also add that it looks like a set up.
-
Coronavirus
This was just one portion of the unit. There was technical content, chemical reactions, and collection of data involved.
-
Coronavirus
During the “Virtual School Disaster”, my son’s chemistry class has switched gears to learn more about practical chem applications. Theme to one assignment was about the spread of Covid-19. The message was, “Act like you have it.” Then, “If you have it, you can spread it.” Finally, “Think of others and not the inconvenience on you, that is why you social distance and wear masks/gloves.”
-
Will there be high school football this fall?
Crowds of 250 by July 4th? It would seem that schools, sports and everything else open up.
-
Will there be high school football this fall?
And an annoyance to wear. I don’t know how our healthcare workers wear them all day.
-
Will there be high school football this fall?
Face masks will be the new fashion accessory.
-
Will there be high school football this fall?
Spirit wear masks. It’s going to be a thing at each school.
-
Will there be high school football this fall?
I would much prefer this than no student/classroom engagement at all. It will not be any more challenging than what we are doing now. Meet, teach, assign, two days later meet, check work, answer questions, maybe assess, teach more, rinse and repeat.