Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

Let's talk about it, sensibly please.

 

Just saw a story that the head of NY's Port Authority has now tested positive. I was at a local store this weekend and chuckled at the empty shelves of disinfectant wipes and sanitizer.

 

What is your panic level? Should I be more worried?

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

Well, warmer weather will lessen the strength of the virus significantly. At least there's that.

 

The way I see it, I've still gotta live my life. I'll keep right on washing my hands after I go to the bathroom, using a paper towel to open the door in public bathrooms, and covering my mouth when I cough or sneeze, same as I always have.

Well, warmer weather will lessen the strength of the virus significantly. At least there's that.

 

The way I see it, I've still gotta live my life. I'll keep right on washing my hands after I go to the bathroom, using a paper towel to open the door in public bathrooms, and covering my mouth when I cough or sneeze, same as I always have.

 

This is where I am. I've been washing/sanitizing my hands a little more than normal, but that's about it. I've still not seen anything that shows this is worse than the flu.

 

We are supposed to go on a cruise to the Caribbean April 5th. We have the option to reschedule up until 48 hours before sailing, so I am keeping an eye on things. As of now, we are going.

I am no worried about it than I am the Flu. For the record, I don't worry about the flu. I remember when the swine flu was the big one. I had one of my kids get it and they were fine after a few days.

This is where I am. I've been washing/sanitizing my hands a little more than normal, but that's about it. I've still not seen anything that shows this is worse than the flu.

 

We are supposed to go on a cruise to the Caribbean April 5th. We have the option to reschedule up until 48 hours before sailing, so I am keeping an eye on things. As of now, we are going.

 

I have a cruise planned for June, I don’t see how we go. The spread isn’t close to contained right now.

Let's talk about it, sensibly and keep it non-political.

 

Just saw a story that the head of NY's Port Authority has now tested positive. I was at a local store this weekend and chuckled at the empty shelves of disinfectant wipes and sanitizer.

 

What is your panic level? Should I be more worried?

 

I think it’s age dependent, the older you are, or regardless of age if you have any underlying health issues, I’d be pretty cautious right now.

I am honestly tired of hearing about it. I understand that it has caused deaths but almost all of those people were either elderly, immunocompromised, or some kind of underlying health issue. If you do not freak out about the flu, I do not understand why you would freak out about this. The economic ramifications are a whole other ball of wax however.

I am honestly tired of hearing about it. I understand that it has caused deaths but almost all of those people were either elderly, immunocompromised, or some kind of underlying health issue. If you do not freak out about the flu, I do not understand why you would freak out about this. The economic ramifications are a whole other ball of wax however.

 

Yup, they will write books about this stock market crash.

I have a cruise planned for June, I don’t see how we go. The spread isn’t close to contained right now.

 

We cancelled our June cruise to Alaska leaving out of Vancouver. My 60 year old wife has an immune deficiency. Unfortunately, an easy decision. Plus, my company banned international business travel until further notice. Personal international travel needs to be reported to our HR and I may be subject to a 14 day work from home quarantine when I got back. We'll go another time.

I worry about it specifically because of my 95-year-old grandmother and my girlfriend's 70-year-old father who's recovering from recent surgery and has respiratory problems. Extremely vulnerable people to this particular disease.

 

I worry less about me getting it. I worry a lot about me being out somewhere and then taking it on to them before I even know I'm carrying it.

Last week one of my gym buddies (Pablo) stood about 8 feet away from me while we talked.

 

I told him not pick up any of the dumbbells if he was that serious about it.

 

I think it is getting way, way too much coverage and it is creating a great buying opportunity for investors.

Honestly I’ve become weirdly panicky about it the last 24 hours, after watching Italy. I kindof had to do breathing exercises on the way to work this morning, not joking lol.

 

I just don’t remember the swine flu/H1N1 and SARS being anything like COVID 19. Of course I’m older now so maybe I’m just more cranky and paranoid. At any rate, who cares about sanitizer, I’m gonna stockpile coffee and beer and buzz my way through any quarantine... lol.

I also just skimmed a report from the CDC that stated the Flu has killed 20,000 Americans this season including 136 children.

Honestly I’ve become weirdly panicky about it the last 24 hours, after watching Italy. I kindof had to do breathing exercises on the way to work this morning, not joking lol.

 

I just don’t remember the swine flu/H1N1 and SARS being anything like COVID 19. Of course I’m older now so maybe I’m just more cranky and paranoid. At any rate, who cares about sanitizer, I’m gonna stockpile coffee and beer and buzz my way through any quarantine... lol.

 

What @Pura Vida said!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.