Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TheDeuce

Premium Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheDeuce

  1. Good, IMO. Those lower tier bowl games are just participation trophies.
  2. Coaches are either going to love or hate 24 teams. On one hand, it makes it much easier to make the playoffs. The flip side of that, you don't get to miss the playoffs at a lot of P4 schools and keep your job. Jeff Brohm, I'm looking at you.
  3. Ja'Hyde is committed to the wrong school to win Mr. Football...
  4. This is what Jeff Brohm does. It's all too predictable and exhausting. Looking at another wasted, disappointing season.
  5. I'm just doing a light rake. Gonna drag the rake behind me as I walk. After that I have a lawn roller that I'm going to use to press the seed into the soil a bit more. I've gone back and forth about a top dressing but I'm going to skip it. Topsoil and peat moss is way too expensive right now. I've already told the wife this is going to be my new obsession. She just rolled her eyes at me. 😂
  6. Goodness. It's been a lot of work and I'm not done yet, but I'm going to be able to seed my yard for about $600 total.
  7. You probably made a good choice with the sod. Our neighbor had sod put down in his backyard, and based on rates around here, it would cost about $4000 just to do the backyard. That's way too much IMO. The neighbor's yard doesn't even look that great to be honest.
  8. That's the plan. I've been doing research for a couple months, and I'm hoping it comes together like I want it to.
  9. We bought our first house back in May, and have been working on getting settled since then. For me, my big project I've been looking forward to is a lawn renovation. The front was done in sod, and while it looks "fine,” it needs some work. The back was a disaster. It was contractor seed, terribly thin and covered with matted straw all over the place. Yesterday, I finally started the project (been waiting weeks for the heat to finally break). I mowed everything super low and bagged all the clippings. This morning, using a machine I purchased, I dethatched the whole lawn and removed all that material as well. I filled 11 of those tall paper lawn bags with waste. Friday, I will put the seed down. The plan is to put the seed down, rake it in, roll it, put a starter fertilizer down (only in the back) and then start my watering regiment. I'm going to water 4x daily for about 10 minutes each. Anybody else done a big lawn renovation? I'm interested to hear how it went for you. I've attached some pics of the project so far.
  10. UK has plenty of opportunity to earn their way into the Top 25.
  11. It does seem like it's either one or the other that is good, wouldn't hate it if we could both be good
  12. Was a hot one, luckily I know where to find the shade.
  13. Massive win. Brohm finally beats Lashlee. Cards in complete control of their destiny moving forward.
  14. Kentucky = Football State
  15. Big win no doubt! Didn't get to see any of it as I've been at the Louisville game, but any Top 10 win is a good one!
  16. Feels like Rocks by a lot.
  17. Both schools agreed to call this one. Trinity wins 34-0.
  18. Probably will be in a delay for a while.
  19. 20-0 Rocks
  20. 14-0 Rocks, 7:02 1Q
  21. Male is BAD.
  22. Likely a similar result as last weekend, without the home field advantage factor for the Cats. Stein's offense has not lived up to its billing so far, and that's going to have to change.
  23. This result isn't surprising. The hype machine around UK (not on here) was honestly hard to understand. Stein's dink and dunk offense can be effective, until they are stopped on 1st down. When that happens, Minchey isn't good enough to beat even decent teams down the field. Stein showed desperation going for the 4th down in a clear punting situation, and in general, the offense was ineffective. You can't do all that talking and get blown out. Bama isn't even that good, IMO.
  24. Cards win 59-13. Lincoln Kienholz 16/21 332 yards 2 TD 6 carries, 42 yards, 2 TD

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.