Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jumpman4004

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jumpman4004

  1. Looks like Coach Belcher resigned. The job is posted on the Boone County Schools jobs board.
  2. I'll be in each week
  3. The third largest district in the state is going to online learning from March 16 to April 20 so I would say it is definitely coming.
  4. Governor Dewine just tweeted out all schools (private, public, & charter) will be closed for 3 weeks. It is now official.
  5. Last I heard is that Ms. Scherr will not be playing today due to her ankle sprain.
  6. I am honestly tired of hearing about it. I understand that it has caused deaths but almost all of those people were either elderly, immunocompromised, or some kind of underlying health issue. If you do not freak out about the flu, I do not understand why you would freak out about this. The economic ramifications are a whole other ball of wax however.
  7. Congratulations to Maddie Scherr on this great accomplishment!!!
  8. So happy for Coach Browning. He is a great guy to be leading that program.
  9. No he is not. He is now enrolled at Montgomery County.
  10. Very happy for Nate. Great guy and will be a great example for the boys he leads at Boone.
  11. I haven't seen anything official from the school but I heard (from reliable people) the new coach at Walton Verona will be Mike Hester.
  12. That is terrible news. I hate that kind of injury for any athlete, especially in high school. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
  13. Yes, I was talking about residential. I have spent some time looking into it as well but haven't made the jump yet. I just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions or good/bad experiences with one.
  14. Anyone use a VPN at their home? What service do you use? I have kicked around the idea of using one but have no idea which to use or if I should use one.
  15. I would say this 100% accurate. I wish Belcher the best of luck at Ryle. It is an interesting place to be a coach.
  16. I know they are interviewing 6 candidates and they should have been wrapped up this week. I assume whomever they choose will have their teaching interview at the beginning of next week with an announcement before everyone leaves for spring break the following week. This would be very similar to the timeline of events when they hired McFarland the last time around.
  17. I had heard this was going to happen before the postseason began so that would align with a “best for family” decision. I wonder if the JV coach (Borkowski) has interest in trying to become the head coach.
  18. This is a good point but I believe if you are a middle school and you care more about winning that about developing skills, you are coaching at the wrong level. From what I have seen, the middle school team with the most kids who have hit puberty usually wins. Those same kids who are 6'0" 7th graders and dominate, a lot of times never grow another inch and struggle at the high school level because they were never taught skills. Back on topic, interviews start the end of this week and go into next week. I would guess you would hear something before Boone County's spring break (April 8-12).
  19. This is the number one problem facing the new coach at Ryle. The feeder schools to Ryle want nothing to do with the high school. It has been that way for the 26 year history. I think it is the biggest reason the school has an all-time under .500 record. Coaches have changed, players have changed, parents have changed, but this fact has been consistent.
  20. He was the head boys soccer coach at Boone for a few years. It’s not basketball head coach experience but it is head coaching experience.
  21. You would think so but if you look at the entire history of the school, they have a below .500 winning percentage.
  22. I know the season didn't end the way they wanted, but I love what Highlands is building under Coach Listerman. Every year since he has taken over you can see improvements. The future is bright in Fort Thomas.
  23. There were some few in-house issues but majority of the problem was with dealings with the middle school on-campus. From day one they did not want to have much of a relationship with Ryle/McFarland. It is hard to build a solid program from top to bottom when you are getting undermined at your feeder school for over 5 years. I think East and West Germany had better relations than Gray programs and Ryle. Administration kept preaching to be patient but you can only be patient for so long. The final straw that broke the proverbial camel’s back was this past summer when the 8th grade job at Gray opened up. They brought in David for the hiring committee. David felt strongly that one of the candidates was far more qualified than the rest and very clearly made this known to the decision makers. Gray did not hire that candidate. This showed that the undermining/problems would continue so why continue to beat your head against the wall? This should be priority #1 for the new head coach. If they can get Gray on the same page, Ryle can be a gold mine. Without that support it will be more of the same it has been for the past 26 years at Ryle.
  24. In 2013-14 they lost in the 8th championship game in OT to South Oldham

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.