9th Region Favorite(s) 2019-2020

Who do you guys think will be the favorite in the 9th next year?

I believe Cov Cath might be the favorite for the 9th Region and for states

I went to Covington Catholic last night and watched them play against two schools from Ohio. Also spoke with a former college coach and he also was impressed how well Cov Cath looked. They are also waiting on two additions to the team as well (Horn coming from Texas).

Things I came away with:

Grant Disken: Had a very good Junior year. Overall one of the top guards in NKY. Plays hard and shoots the ball well

Chandler Starks: Incoming Freshman. Will surprise a lot of people. Looked very good yesterday. Does everything right. Wouldn’t be surprised if you see him in the Starting 5 next year

Neal Green- Will start at the 5. Plays hard. Rebounds very good. Tries to dunk everything.

Donovan Stocks- Junior didn’t see much playing time last year. Improved a lot from last year. Will see a lot of minutes next year.

Reece Murphy- Had a good Sophomore year on JV. Could see minutes as a back up to Grant

Saw Newport and Highlands play at this summer camp tourney at Hanover this weekend and although Newport lost alot I was more impressed with them than I was Highlands. #11 for Newport is a definite shooter. May be the coaches kid? I thought Highlands had a good 8th grader going into 9th but I didn't see anyone that stood out. The games I saw both teams lost to decent but average Indiana teams.

Saw Newport and Highlands play at this summer camp tourney at Hanover this weekend and although Newport lost alot I was more impressed with them than I was Highlands. #11 for Newport is a definite shooter. May be the coaches kid? I thought Highlands had a good 8th grader going into 9th but I didn't see anyone that stood out. The games I saw both teams lost to decent but average Indiana teams.

Newport has DaeShawn White, who is a very nice player! Next level kid. Don’t know any others. Highlands has Sam Vinson. Very good junior to be.

CCH - lost a lot, but reloads. Will have two legit scorers and a bunch of role players

Cooper - Sully

Beechwood - Will miss Brannen and Schilling more than most think, but they may set a bunch of points per game and 3's made per game and per season records. Will be fun!

St. Henry - Solid group that will compete.

You must be talking about the JV only and not the V. Highlands V went 3-1 and won all games by 20+ points if I remember correctly. The only loss was after playing 2 in a row and went cold(no excuses) against a decent team.

You must be talking about the JV only and not the V. Highlands V went 3-1 and won all games by 20+ points if I remember correctly. The only loss was after playing 2 in a row and went cold(no excuses) against a decent team.

I only saw Highlands one game against a team I know very well. That team was also coming off a game right before. Maybe Highlands was cold that game. I think Madison's (out of Indiana) press had something to do with it. I am aware of Vinson and he's a good player. I saw Newport two games and they won by 2 the first game I saw them and lost the game against Madison. Coach Snapp was quite the "character" on the sidelines for Newport.

Last night I went and watched Cov Cath scrimmage. Came away very impressed. The following is what I saw:

1) Chandler Starks is going to be a issue the next four years! It’s scary that he is just a freshman!

2) The new 7”0 player that recently move from out of town due to parents job. Did a lot of good things last night( ran the floor, dunked a few and had a few 3’s

3) They could play 11/ 12 deep this year

4) They still have Coach Horn’s kid moving in from Texas.

5) Grant Disken had a really good summer. He is the key to how far they go! During the scrimmage played hard.