9th Region Favorite(s) 2019-2020

Last night I went and watched Cov Cath scrimmage. Came away very impressed. The following is what I saw:

1) Chandler Starks is going to be a issue the next four years! It’s scary that he is just a freshman!

2) The new 7”0 player that recently move from out of town due to parents job. Did a lot of good things last night( ran the floor, dunked a few and had a few 3’s

3) They could play 11/ 12 deep this year

4) They still have Coach Horn’s kid moving in from Texas.

5) Grant Disken had a really good summer. He is the key to how far they go! During the scrimmage played hard.

Surprised one of these points hasn't been commented on by now...

Last night I went and watched Cov Cath scrimmage. Came away very impressed. The following is what I saw:

1) Chandler Starks is going to be a issue the next four years! It’s scary that he is just a freshman!

2) The new 7”0 player that recently move from out of town due to parents job. Did a lot of good things last night( ran the floor, dunked a few and had a few 3’s

3) They could play 11/ 12 deep this year

4) They still have Coach Horn’s kid moving in from Texas.

5) Grant Disken had a really good summer. He is the key to how far they go! During the scrimmage played hard.

Surprised one of these points hasn't been commented on by now...

OK, I'll jump on it.

PRO: Last 7 footer got a D1 scholarship.

CON: Ruthsatz system is not good for a 7 footer. The 7 footer better be willing to accept less playing time than he thinks he will get.

Guest oxide

Watched CovCath play Taft and LaSalle last night with Joe Fredrick Coaching. What positive energy, teaching, and coaching is on another level, kids are listening and engaged it what he is teaching. The kids were running on and off the court, clapping for each other. They played multiple lineups and it sure looked like they all had each other backs. No issues with how playing time was divided. They could play 12-13 guys a night. Joe and Scott have put together something really special at CovCath. It looks like they adapt their style to what players are with them each year. This might be the best Team in the Ruthsatz era. Maybe best Team in School history. Joe has a special bond with these kids. This will be a fun year to watch! They may have the top two teams in the State with the first 10 guys. I suggest you get to the gym early this year because everybody will want to watch this style of play. The depth on this team will make each player better. Good Luck Colonels.

Guest oxide

Horn's son played last night and was worth watching. What a passer and can shoot. Last night defense was intense.

Watched CovCath play Taft and LaSalle last night with Joe Fredrick Coaching. What positive energy' date=' teaching, and coaching is on another level, kids are listening and engaged it what he is teaching. The kids were running on and off the court, clapping for each other. They played multiple lineups and it sure looked like they all had each other backs. No issues with how playing time was divided. They could play 12-13 guys a night. Joe and Scott have put together something really special at CovCath. It looks like they adapt their style to what players are with them each year. This might be the best Team in the Ruthsatz era. Maybe best Team in School history. Joe has a special bond with these kids. This will be a fun year to watch! They may have the top two teams in the State with the first 10 guys. I suggest you get to the gym early this year because everybody will want to watch this style of play. The depth on this team will make each player better. Good Luck Colonels.[/quote']

I am a big CCH fan, but lets pump the breaks a little bit here. You mention the assistant coach 3 times and the head coach as an afterthought twice. You disregard some very special teams by stating that this could be the best team in school history, and they have yet to step on the court, and then you insult the rest of the state by saying they might have the top 2 teams in the state (Male may have something to say about that). Lets hold on for a little bit before we crown ourselves champions. It wouldn't be the first time we as the colonel faithful ended up looking silly with out predictions.

I am a big CCH fan, but lets pump the breaks a little bit here. You mention the assistant coach 3 times and the head coach as an afterthought twice. You disregard some very special teams by stating that this could be the best team in school history, and they have yet to step on the court, and then you insult the rest of the state by saying they might have the top 2 teams in the state (Male may have something to say about that). Lets hold on for a little bit before we crown ourselves champions. It wouldn't be the first time we as the colonel faithful ended up looking silly with out predictions.

Amen.

Guest oxide

Ok I agree it is Scott Show but Joe was running the Team during the scrimmage. Scott and Joe have the Team rolling. Scott is the Head Coach i was just summarizing the scrimmage. I may have expressed too much excitement as the 2018 was the probably the best in the schools history.

Time will tell. This years Team is very deep!

Should be very exciting to watch.

Look for the rotation that looks like

Hupmann

Starks

Stocks/ Mchale

Horn

Diskin

With some Green and Murphy.

No Joey Moser or Jay Jackson? Both got good minutes towards the end of last season. I also have a hard time believing the Green won't be in the starting 5 and playing a lot so long as he can avoid foul trouble.