9th Region Favorite(s) 2019-2020

If the region and KHSAA keep allowing Frederick harassing players on the court, then I guess Cov Cath will be the favorites. Every other teams coaches handle themselves in an orderly fashion and do not say obscenities to adolescents.

I cannot imagine what you are saying as being an accurate portrayal of the Coach Fredericks I saw. Maybe I just missed those games you saw.

I cannot imagine what you are saying as being an accurate portrayal of the Coach Fredericks I saw. Maybe I just missed those games you saw.

What he is referencing when he mentions "harassing players on the court" is when CCH assistant coach Joe Fredrick got a technical foul in the 2nd quarter of the district finals game between CCH and Beechwood. The "company line" is the Fredrick was trying to get the officials to address the fact that Beechwood players were cussing at CCH players, but what most everyone watching saw was Fredrick, himself, cussing at one of the Beechwood players - I believe it was either Aidan Bieger or Duncan Baugh.

It did happen, and it's mentioned on here in the update thread from the game, the discussion thread after the game, and in the prediction thread for the CCH/Newport game in the 9th region semis.

Guest oxide

I also go to every game and never witnessed one time that happened In fact he's the calmest coach of any of the top coaches in the Ruthsatz years. Anyone close to CovCath basketball will tell Joe is the glue to the program and Coach Ruthsatz. Your comment is wrong, inaccurate and disrespectful.

Edited by oxide
Rule 13

With some changes in the region I will change my rankings.

1) Cov Cath- A lot of talent. Will continue to win.

2) New Cath- New Coach that will turn around New Cath. Big question will be how long he will stay.

3) Conner- Good Coach, with some talent. The rest of the teams in the district will be down.

4) Beechwood- Lost a lot and lost a lot of size. A lot of teams will take advantage of It. They do have Draud( They will see a lot of Box and 1 next year and Triangle and 2).There chances of winning the region was last year.

After watching several scrimmage this summer for Cov Cath. My end of the summer prediction for the Rotation:

Top 7:

Disken, Murphy, Green, Moser,Starks, Stocks,Hauptmann

8-10

Jackson, Mchale, Sommerkamp fighting to get in 8-10 spots.

Didn’t see Horn enough to predict where he is going to be! They will have a deep bench.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Reading through these it hit me hard that Holmes hasn't been mentioned one time. It always seemed to be Cov Cath/Holmes. As an Alumni and knowing the great teams to come out of that school to not have them in the conversation is sad. Has anyone seen their team in the off season and what they look like? Heard Demario Foster didn't transfer to Lloyd which is good, and the Calloway twins were looking better.

• 2 weeks later...

I got to watch Chandler play this summer for the Orangemen. He’s a complete monster. Defense is ahead of his offense at the stage but when you watch him play it’s hard to believe this kid is 14 years old. I have heard the Fredrickand Starks family is close so no surprise he’s at Covington Catholic. As long as Scott Ruthsatz is at The helm high level players will continue to want to play for the best coach in Kentucky.