9th Region Favorite(s) 2019-2020

Look for the rotation that looks like

Hupmann

Starks

Stocks/ Mchale

Horn

Diskin

With some Green and Murphy.

How many of these kids are kids from the feeders or NKY? I know Diskin is from BSS.

All? None? Does it make a difference?

As a Highlands football supporter, yes it does. For many years there were numerous Blue Colonel faithful that claimed that Highlands did it with out of district students and if they did not have them the results would have been different. Still some to this day making those very claims. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, the Blue Colonel faithful want to ask "Does it make a difference?"

From the outside looking in, it sure seems that CovCath basketball has become the equal of Trinity football. Don't get me wrong, if parents are willing to send their kids to these schools and pay the tuition I am all for it.

I also do not understand why a parent of a basketball player in NKY would send their kid to CCH to sit on the bench or not play at all when they could go somewhere else to play and likely play a lot.

Just some observations, no ill will intended.

As a Highlands football supporter, yes it does. For many years there were numerous Blue Colonel faithful that claimed that Highlands did it with out of district students and if they did not have them the results would have been different. Still some to this day making those very claims. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, the Blue Colonel faithful want to ask "Does it make a difference?"

From the outside looking in, it sure seems that CovCath basketball has become the equal of Trinity football. Don't get me wrong, if parents are willing to send their kids to these schools and pay the tuition I am all for it.

I also do not understand why a parent of a basketball player in NKY would send their kid to CCH to sit on the bench or not play at all when they could go somewhere else to play and likely play a lot.

Just some observations, no ill will intended.

No ill will taken.

Talented out of districts kids obviously make a difference to the level of success a team is going to have. Whether it is Highlands football, Beechwood baseball, or CovCath basketball. To argue otherwise seems foolish.

If the out of district kids paid the tuition to go to Beechwood or Highlands, I'm all for it.

Seems like the same dynamic would have been in effect during the amazing run Highlands had in football. Many talented kids who could have contributed meaningful snaps at other schools only got mop up time for the Birds or had to wait until their senior season to get those meaningful snaps.

4. No recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No comments about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact Kentucky High School Athletic Association | KHSAA – Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

Additionally everyone, if you feel that a specific post violates our rules, please report it using the "Report Post" feature - the triangular “!” icon located in the bottom left-hand side of every post.

What you should never do is quote the violation.

If the region and KHSAA keep allowing Frederick harassing players on the court, then I guess Cov Cath will be the favorites. Every other teams coaches handle themselves in an orderly fashion and do not say obscenities to adolescents.