Best NBA Player People don't Know

This thought came to mind as I was watching the Orlando Cleveland playoff game tonight. Half the players in that game I didn't recognize or had almost forgotten about.

Who do you think is the best NBA player that people don't think about as a great player?

You asking about under the radar guys? Or those that are actually elite but don’t get that level of cred?

The NBA is loaded with talent and I can come up with an exhaustive list either way. 🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bugatti said:

You asking about under the radar guys? Or those that are actually elite but don’t get that level of cred?

The NBA is loaded with talent and I can come up with an exhaustive list either way. 🙂

More about elite level performers that people may even recognize the name but would not think of as elite.

Here is a guy I was thinking of: Domantas Sabonis

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

Jalen Williams for OKC is a future All Star. Dude can light it up and is an elite level defender. 

Two Words: Naz Reid.

Sengun for Houston.

Sengun is one I thought of also.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2024 at 3:40 PM, Voice of Reason said:

More about elite level performers that people may even recognize the name but would not think of as elite.

Here is a guy I was thinking of: Domantas Sabonis

So you’re talking about who casual fans won’t know?  Sabonis was an MVP candidate in January.  

On 5/5/2024 at 9:13 PM, bugatti said:

Jalen Williams for OKC is a future All Star. Dude can light it up and is an elite level defender. 

Two Words: Naz Reid.

Sengun for Houston.

Jalen Williams is the first person I thought of also.  

Sengun is another and if Jalen Green can bring his March game to November-February he’ll be another.  

Naz Reid is another as well.  

Grayson Allen is better than I thought he would be also.  

1 hour ago, PurplePride92 said:

Jalen Williams is the first person I thought of also.  

Sengun is another and if Jalen Green can bring his March game to November-February he’ll be another.  

Naz Reid is another as well.  

Grayson Allen is better than I thought he would be also.  

I didn't have on my bingo card Grayson Allen becoming the best spot-up shooter in the NBA, but here we are. When he shoots, I just assume it is going in. The Wolves were still going to win the series, but when Allen injured himself early on, the Suns had no shot.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I didn't have on my bingo card Grayson Allen becoming the best spot-up shooter in the NBA, but here we are. When he shoots, I just assume it is going in. The Wolves were still going to win the series, but when Allen injured himself early on, the Suns had no shot.

That’s a good point. That series did change once he was ruled out and incapable of playing.