2024 Saint Xavier Tigers

The Tigers will be looking to reload especially on defense and the offensive line which were senior heavy units. On offense the Tigers graduate Tommy Rosenbarger and Carter Guillaume who started on the O-Line the last 3 years. They also graduate QB Trevor Havill but the two backup QB's Mason Trimble and Thomas Andriole return and both had many reps on the JV team and Thomas Andriole played some varsity reps at end of season because of injuries to Trevor Havill and Mason Trimble. Having seen both QB's in many games I would think Mason Trimble will start at QB who is a mobile and accurate passer and will be a junior next year. Thomas Andriole is a mobile QB with good arm so wouldn't be a big surprise if he beat out Mason Trimble. The QB's will have two of the top three wr's returning with Marlon Harbin being the top one who had 706 yds receiving and 6 tds. Kyle Krupp also returns and had 312 yds and 4 tds. At running back Davis Yates graduates but 2nd leading rusher Manny Gray returns and he had 575 yds and 2 tds. Starting Kicker Logan Zoeller who is one of the top kickers in the state returns and he was 47 of 48 on PAT and hit 8 of 9 field goals.

On defense they graduate 4 of the 5 top tacklers. The top returning tackler is LB/TE Karsten Busch who will be a junior and a D1 Prospect who is hearing from Louisville, Purdue, and many FCS schools. Look for Mason Mudd and Erik Ekens to play at defensive end and both are garnering college interest. Track Star James Burnett returns at defensive back. Miles Dobson who had 29 tackles will play an increased roll at safety. 

The St. X sophomore class is talented and should play bigger rolls as juniors next season. The St. X offense skill positions should be good and just need to rebuild the offensive line.The defense has some good players to build around. Like most years they should be a top 5 team but 6A is a tough road with some tough teams so will have to see what the ceiling of the team will be.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to 2024 Saint Xavier Tigers
2 hours ago, Falcon Pride said:

Will they have any answers for their rivals on Shelbyville Rd?

Usually JV games aren’t the best indicator for the future but the St. X/Trinity JV game I think will be a good indicator for this coming year. Both teams had a lot of young players playing and the game went down to the wire. 

• Like 1

I think there is some added pressure on Poplar Level Rd this season. I think it’s two fold…to prove last year was just an off season after seasons 2021 and 2022 seasons in which it looked like the program was turning the corner talent wise and what the future looks to have in store for rival Trinity. 

There are some very talented players on this year’s team and for whatever reason just didn’t show consistently last year. Offensively, there is solid depth at the WR position, the loss of Cam Holloway isn’t ideal but there are some players ready to take those reps. Immanuel Gray is a solid RB, but there isn’t much depth at that position. I would be surprised if Mason Trimble isn’t the starter at the beginning of the year and he is in the mold of Jack Savoring but probably a better passer. The OL is thin so that will be the biggest question mark ending in the spring and summer for the Tigers. 

The defense last year was not a typical defense for St. X. A lot of young and inexperienced players last year and it just never seemed to click week to week. The experience last year was at the line of scrimmage but it was undersized experience at the DL position, that should be the opposite this year. They will be bigger at the line of scrimmage. The two starting inside linebackers are returning as they’ll both be juniors. James Burnett may be one of the best athletes in the city and he’s just figuring out what it takes to play football at a high level. The Sam Crum leaves a hole in the secondary that will need to be filled. 

I know the talk is about other schools right now, and the way St. X finished their season last year it should be, but don’t expect this group to role over and not fight for their respect. By all accounts it sounds like this offseason is night day compared to this time last year. We’ll see how that translate. 

• Like 1

The past few seasons, St. X has built their team around perimeter players.  To win at the highest level, I believe their team should be built from inside-out.  The Tigers need to get back to developing the lines of scrimmage.  This, along with their talented perimeter players, should add to their success.

• Like 1

The Class of 2024

The Class of 2024 will have several athletes that will continue their career playing college football.  Hamilton Atkins and Davis Yates will play but are still involved in the evaluation process.  The following have either signed their National Letter of Intent or have committed to playing at the following schools.

Carter Guillaume- OL, Southeast Missouri        

Ashton Jones- DE, Southeast Missouri
Tommy Rosenbarger- OL, Thomas More        

Tyler Neal- DE, Campbellsville
Corey Mitchell- DE, Campbellsville            

Jason Dunn- DB, Lindsey Wilson

Congrats to these guys!

• Like 2

On 1/30/2024 at 5:28 PM, LongTimeReader said:

Usually JV games aren’t the best indicator for the future but the St. X/Trinity JV game I think will be a good indicator for this coming year. Both teams had a lot of young players playing and the game went down to the wire. 

I believe Trinity was 5-0 vs St X in 2023 across F, JV and Varsity. Anyone know how the Tigers did vs Male and Manual at all 3 levels?

55 minutes ago, MBKT said:

I believe Trinity was 5-0 vs St X in 2023 across F, JV and Varsity. Anyone know how the Tigers did vs Male and Manual at all 3 levels?

Manual and Male field froshmore teams so I don't put a lot of stock in those games but results were:

Frosh lost to Male 24-18

JV beat Male 34-0

Varsity beat Male 20-10

Beat Manual froshmore 26-20

Varsity lost to Manual 37-36

• 3 weeks later...