2024/2025 Kentucky Wildcats

So let’s go with the assumption that Cal will be back. What do you want to see the roster look like next season? As of now they have 6 recruits coming in, and for sure losing seniors Reeves and Mitchell. I believe we can also add Dillingham as for sure gone. Sheppard I know is projected as a lottery pick, but I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion that he leaves. So right now only 3 are for sure gone IMO in Reeves, Mitchell, Dillingham. 

So who do you want to see Cal try to make sure they keep, and who if anyone would you like for him to possibly not encourage to come back?

• Thanks 1

If I were Cal I change my approach and I would try to keep most of the ones who saw the floor this year except Ugo. You hope Sheppard stays , and I would probably encourage Ugo, and Hart to pursue new opportunities. Ugo is a good shot blocker, but I would try to convince Big Z, and Bradshaw to stay with the 2 big men recruits we have coming in. 

Have a potential experienced lineup of Sheppard, Wagner, Edwards, Bradshaw, Big Z. Then off the bench 6th man Theiro, big men Cyril, and Quintanence, guards Boogie Fland, and Travis Perry. Forwards Burks, Knox, and Richmond. 

If you truly can return the majority of the team, including Sheppard. Then while it may not look good, I would possibly pull my offer to Knox, or Richmond or both and hit the portal for another good guard or two. This way you an experienced team with so many guys returning, and possibly another older player or two from the portal. 

I know all that may not happen, but if I am Cal I change my approach and go all out to try to keep the majority of the current players, 

28 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

If I were Cal I change my approach and I would try to keep most of the ones who saw the floor this year except Ugo. You hope Sheppard stays , and I would probably encourage Ugo, and Hart to pursue new opportunities. Ugo is a good shot blocker, but I would try to convince Big Z, and Bradshaw to stay with the 2 big men recruits we have coming in. 

Have a potential experienced lineup of Sheppard, Wagner, Edwards, Bradshaw, Big Z. Then off the bench 6th man Theiro, big men Cyril, and Quintanence, guards Boogie Fland, and Travis Perry. Forwards Burks, Knox, and Richmond. 

If you truly can return the majority of the team, including Sheppard. Then while it may not look good, I would possibly pull my offer to Knox, or Richmond or both and hit the portal for another good guard or two. This way you an experienced team with so many guys returning, and possibly another older player or two from the portal. 

I know all that may not happen, but if I am Cal I change my approach and go all out to try to keep the majority of the current players, 

Can’t pull your offer to recruits, that would be used against you by other schools and kill you in future recruiting 

I think Sheppard comes back, I don’t think he or his parents want his last game at UK to be a performance like that

I agree Dillingham goes, I think Wagner goes too

I would like to see Edwards and AB go somewhere else, watching them all year I just don’t think they have the competitive personality that you have to have to win at this level and that’s just not something you can put in a kid

12 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Can’t pull your offer to recruits, that would be used against you by other schools and kill you in future recruiting 

I think Sheppard comes back, I don’t think he or his parents want his last game at UK to be a performance like that

I agree Dillingham goes, I think Wagner goes too

I would like to see Edwards and AB go somewhere else, watching them all year I just don’t think they have the competitive personality that you have to have to win at this level and that’s just not something you can put in a kid

At this point I know it would hurt pulling the offers.  However, you do what it takes to win next year. If they get back to winning next year that will help in itself, and wouldn’t then hurt the recruiting. 

As for Bradshaw and Edwards. I think both are very talented and showed glimpses, and would be very good if they came back. Theiro didn’t look like much his freshman season, and much better this year. Nick Richards didn’t look like he had much of anything especially his freshman year. Then became one of the best big men in the country. Then even someone like Hopkins didn’t look like much. Then his sophomore year after a year of experience, looked much better. IMO it just takes some of these talented guys a year to get use to the college level after having it come easy in high school. 

Wagner may go, but I even think he may want to have a better year after having a disappointing freshman year overall considering his expectations. 

13 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Assuming Cal is the Coach, I'd be surprised if someone like Jordan Burks stays.

Totally guessing but I'd bet we lose at least 2/3 of Burks, Bradshaw and Onyenso.

Honestly I think Burks would transfer too especially if more guys come back. However, he wouldn’t be one that I would encourage to leave like I said I would for Ugo and Hart. I think Burks has the potential to be a very good player still, and will make a big jump next year either here or somewhere else. 

This is my off season wish list for each players game.

Wagner- Work lateral quickness and becoming a lock down defender. Go to your right all summer.

Sheppard- Work on lateral quickness and 1 on 1 defense. Get a killer instinct to bury the opponent.

Z- Handling passes into the post cleanly, finishing stong at the basket, defensive rotations and not to reach on defense. 

Bradshaw- (See Z) plus work on verticle and getting off of the floor.

Theiro- Work on man to man to lock down opponents best 3/4 get confidence in Jumper.

Ugo- Model interior game after Edy become a bucket or free throw every time you touch the ball inside of 8 feet.

Burks- Jumper and defense. 

Hart- Become knock down shooter that can stretch the defense. Shoot 500, 800, 1000 jumpers a day.

Edwards- Taking man off of the dribble and becoming so confident in his shot that nothing can shake him. This guy can be a killer, if he finally believes that he can be.

Travis Perry- Be ready to shoot, Work on quick consistent release all summer.

Cal- Get back to demanding defense. Next years team will not be a great shooting team, so defense will mean the difference between winning and losing in the big games.

Biggest issue on this team is they still don't have the guy that can get a bucket or get fouled when we have to have points. That was supposed to be Wagner and Edwards, so hopefully they can develop into that.

If Sheppard, Bradshaw, Z, Edwards and Wagner all leave, then get two shooters, one bucket getter and a great defender.

• Like 1

1. Jayden Quaintance:

• Position: Center 
    • High School: Word Of God Christian Academy (Raleigh, NC)
    • Height/Weight: 6’9" / 230 lbs
    • Rating: 98
  2. Boogie Fland:

3. Somto Cyril:

4. Travis Perry:

Additionally, there are two hard commits for the 2024 class:

1. Karter Knox:

2. Billy Richmond:

• Position: Shooting Guard (SG)
    • High School: Camden (Camden, NJ)
    • Height/Weight: 6’5" / 200 lbs
    • Rating: 97
    • Commit Date: December 21, 2023 13
    • These 6 are from 24/7 sports and the Lex. Hearld.

44 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

This is my off season wish list for each players game.

Wagner- Work lateral quickness and becoming a lock down defender. Go to your right all summer.

Sheppard- Work on lateral quickness and 1 on 1 defense. Get a killer instinct to bury the opponent.

Z- Handling passes into the post cleanly, finishing stong at the basket, defensive rotations and not to reach on defense. 

Bradshaw- (See Z) plus work on verticle and getting off of the floor.

Theiro- Work on man to man to lock down opponents best 3/4 get confidence in Jumper.

Ugo- Model interior game after Edy become a bucket or free throw every time you touch the ball inside of 8 feet.

Burks- Jumper and defense. 

Hart- Become knock down shooter that can stretch the defense. Shoot 500, 800, 1000 jumpers a day.

Edwards- Taking man off of the dribble and becoming so confident in his shot that nothing can shake him. This guy can be a killer, if he finally believes that he can be.

Travis Perry- Be ready to shoot, Work on quick consistent release all summer.

Cal- Get back to demanding defense. Next years team will not be a great shooting team, so defense will mean the difference between winning and losing in the big games.

Biggest issue on this team is they still don't have the guy that can get a bucket or get fouled when we have to have points. That was supposed to be Wagner and Edwards, so hopefully they can develop into that.

If Sheppard, Bradshaw, Z, Edwards and Wagner all leave, then get two shooters, one bucket getter and a great defender.

No matter who is on the court for Kentucky next year, they will miss Reeves. I think he was MVP for his team by far in terms of offense. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

No matter who is on the court for Kentucky next year, they will miss Reeves. I think he was MVP for his team by far in terms of offense. 

Agreed. He became a true three level scorer. That is why I think he needs to hit the portal to find a veteran guard like that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Agreed. He became a true three level scorer. That is why I think he needs to hit the portal to find a veteran guard like that. 

I'd love to see UK find that in the portal but I'd be completely shocked if they did.  Reeves was an elite scorer that was really over looked this year in my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

The thing is guys, we can put together whatever team we want but it’s not gonna make Cal a better in game coach or keep him from panicking 

He couldn't figure out a starting lineup at the end of March, he was that bad this year. And I like Calipari, but somethings gotta give.