Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2024/2025 Kentucky Wildcats

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I feel like Wagner had a solid year until the injury he dealt with toward the end.  He took a step down from that point on.

He was never as explosive as I thought he would be, even before his injury.  I expected him to be more like Dillingham from an athleticism standpoint.  

 

  • Replies 253
  • Views 42.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • sportsfan41
    sportsfan41

    No matter who is on the court for Kentucky next year, they will miss Reeves. I think he was MVP for his team by far in terms of offense. 

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    What is there to really regret about leaving if you’re are going to be a lottery pick? The only thing that possibly could regret is missing out on possibly being a legendary star. With that said comin

  • cincyswords
    cincyswords

    I have been doing a lot of reading on here,  X and other outlets and the really good news is that all the players committing are really the ones UK wanted and the ones going elsewhere were all just sm

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, okie1 said:

I agree with the potential...but right now he is a Briscoe player that doesn't finish quite as strong!

 

I will say that I think Waggener suffered from some confidence issues along with Edwards...this is where Cal's saying "UK isn't for everyone comes into play".  I think we UK fans with all our passion can "Eat our Own".  I think we saw that pressure in the tourny with Sheppard who in theory could go down as one of if not the most popular native son!

Social media has made these 18-19 year olds susceptible to constant critism, praise, etc...I can only imagine how many notifications and messages these kids get in a days time.

I think it is very reasonable to think that with Dillingham and Sheppard's explosion in popularity, which was warranted, could have messed with Wagner's psychology (which is partially why I thought taking him out of the starting lineup would crush him and make him worthless). Combine that with battling through some injury while the others were starting to get that shine.

Wagner had a few games last year where he really showed his potential. If Cal comes back and Wagner returns, I feel good about him next year and hopefully the steps he can make to being exactly what this team would need alongside a returning Sheppard.

Tons of Ifs there.

Just now, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I think it is very reasonable to think that with Dillingham and Sheppard's explosion in popularity, which was warranted, could have messed with Wagner's psychology (which is partially why I thought taking him out of the starting lineup would crush him and make him worthless). Combine that with battling through some injury while the others were starting to get that shine.

Wagner had a few games last year where he really showed his potential. If Cal comes back and Wagner returns, I feel good about him next year and hopefully the steps he can make to being exactly what this team would need alongside a returning Sheppard.

Tons of Ifs there.

I totally agree with this.  Call me crazy but after a couple of Shep's bigger games early on...I felt animosity/freeze from Waggener...I didn't feel that at the end at all...But I am sure there could have been some jealousy there.  That is just human nature.

I do feel Cal does a good job managing these things on year in year out basis.

5 minutes ago, okie1 said:

He was never as explosive as I thought he would be, even before his injury.  I expected him to be more like Dillingham from an athleticism standpoint.  

 

I never got that vibe when reading about how recruiting analysts evaluated him.  It really hurt us that he regressed as the year went on, whether that was due to injury or not.

I watch these sweet 16 games and the difference in level of play on defense shows how far off UK was from being able to compete with these teams. Every team I saw tonight, winners and losers, would have beaten UK. But I watched less than a minute of San Diego St, so maybe UK would have had a chance against them.

  • Author
11 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I watch these sweet 16 games and the difference in level of play on defense shows how far off UK was from being able to compete with these teams. Every team I saw tonight, winners and losers, would have beaten UK. But I watched less than a minute of San Diego St, so maybe UK would have had a chance against them.

Alabama is was ranked worst defensively than UK I believe this year, but yet Bama is now in the elite 8. Then UNC, is also a team UK had already shown they can beat. So I do think there was a few teams they could have beaten that played last night. It just would have depended on who. 

  • Author
4 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

IMG_4157.thumb.jpeg.4f90271dea57cc06a1d952c23d11506a.jpeg

Really nice graphic, I hope they keep it coming!!

Ugh I really hope Theiro is just testing out the portal for money reasons, so can see his worth. Then UK can offer something similar to keep him. He is a guy that I think could be a star player next year. 

17 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Alabama is was ranked worst defensively than UK I believe this year, but yet Bama is now in the elite 8. Then UNC, is also a team UK had already shown they can beat. So I do think there was a few teams they could have beaten that played last night. It just would have depended on who. 

That was then. I don't think end of the year UK beats either of those teams last night. 

4 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

IMG_4157.thumb.jpeg.4f90271dea57cc06a1d952c23d11506a.jpeg

Really nice graphic, I hope they keep it coming!!

Let's say, for giggles, that everyone yet to make a decision decides to stay.   And Cal has what, 5 or 6 incoming freshman, and he wants to hit the portal....Where are all these scholarships coming from?   D1 teams only get 13.

9 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Let's say, for giggles, that everyone yet to make a decision decides to stay.   And Cal has what, 5 or 6 incoming freshman, and he wants to hit the portal....Where are all these scholarships coming from?   D1 teams only get 13.

Yes, I believe 6 incoming freshmen. As to the numbers, Dillingham is gone for sure. Add that to Theiro leaving and the grads and there is a one scholarship difference. Scholarships should not be a problem after everyone makes their decisions.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Yes, I believe 6 incoming freshmen. As to the numbers, Dillingham is gone for sure. Add that to Theiro leaving and the grads and there is a one scholarship difference. Scholarships should not be a problem after everyone makes their decisions.

Coach Cal can channel his inner Pitino and start telling guys to take a hike.

  • Author
4 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

That was then. I don't think end of the year UK beats either of those teams last night. 

Well obviously if you base it on UKs last two games, you would be 100% correct. Funny thing is end of year UK was looking really good those last few weeks. Then just fell on their face starting with SEC tournament. 
 

With that said I do think if UK would have pulled out that first round game and kind of got that anxiousness and monkey off their back. That they probably would have looked much better than the tense version we saw in that first round game. 

47 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Well obviously if you base it on UKs last two games, you would be 100% correct. Funny thing is end of year UK was looking really good those last few weeks. Then just fell on their face starting with SEC tournament. 
 

With that said I do think if UK would have pulled out that first round game and kind of got that anxiousness and monkey off their back. That they probably would have looked much better than the tense version we saw in that first round game. 

It is all about defense for me FC. The teams still playing, including Alabama, are playing defense better than UK did at any time. If you want to hang your hat on the hope UK would have played better defense, that is on you.

UK doesn’t even deserve conversation with anyone in the Sweet 16 as a mediocre program!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.