Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2024/2025 Kentucky Wildcats

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Just saw that from the Cats 2024 incoming class only Travis Perry remains and even with the addition of Collin Chandler our class ranking has fallen from #2 to #78 in the country.

It's all about the transfer portal.

  • Replies 253
  • Views 42.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • sportsfan41
    sportsfan41

    No matter who is on the court for Kentucky next year, they will miss Reeves. I think he was MVP for his team by far in terms of offense. 

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    What is there to really regret about leaving if you’re are going to be a lottery pick? The only thing that possibly could regret is missing out on possibly being a legendary star. With that said comin

  • cincyswords
    cincyswords

    I have been doing a lot of reading on here,  X and other outlets and the really good news is that all the players committing are really the ones UK wanted and the ones going elsewhere were all just sm

Posted Images

10 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Who cares at least we got some recruits that can actually shoot the 3.

Like last year's class...

As I've said, I have no clue what to make of recruiting classes any longer. Unless you strike gold with a Freshman, teams with the most impactful transfers will rise to the top.

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

Like last year's class...

As I've said, I have no clue what to make of recruiting classes any longer. Unless you strike gold with a Freshman, teams with the most impactful transfers will rise to the top.

Agree. Said it before multiple times but it is appropriate here again to your point - one freshman had playing time at the Final Four and only 3 freshmen played in the Elite Eight. It is all about transfer portal. Find already proven talent.

3 hours ago, bugatti said:

Like last year's class...

As I've said, I have no clue what to make of recruiting classes any longer. Unless you strike gold with a Freshman, teams with the most impactful transfers will rise to the top.

Last year's team is the first one that had good shooters out all Cals recruiting classes.

15 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Just saw that from the Cats 2024 incoming class only Travis Perry remains and even with the addition of Collin Chandler our class ranking has fallen from #2 to #78 in the country.

What were you expecting? 

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

What were you expecting? 

Aren't those rankings just for the incoming Freshman class?  If so, just like I am sure you are thinking JD....  Who cares!!!  Didn't a #1 or #2 class a few years back go 9-16....

Now, the Transfer Portal is where its at.....let's see how we rank after going shopping to get the TP kids.

19 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

It's all about the transfer portal.

 

5 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

What were you expecting? 

 

3 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Aren't those rankings just for the incoming Freshman class?  If so, just like I am sure you are thinking JD....  Who cares!!!  Didn't a #1 or #2 class a few years back go 9-16....

Now, the Transfer Portal is where its at.....let's see how we rank after going shopping to get the TP kids.

Guys I never said anything was wrong with or that I thought anything is bad about it. It was just our incoming class was ranked #2 and now it is #78. I know that this late in the game most if not all of the players will be through the transfer portal unless some kids reclassify. I have not problem at all having the top 1 or 2 classes have not done a whole lot for us other than the covid season that was cancelled since 2015.

6 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Last year's team is the first one that had good shooters out all Cals recruiting classes.

But the kool-aid hype was class after class could “knock down the 3.”  Considering the trajectory the program was continually experiencing it became hard to blame BBN’s reluctance to make NIL gold appear.

2 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

 

 

Guys I never said anything was wrong with or that I thought anything is bad about it. It was just our incoming class was ranked #2 and now it is #78. I know that this late in the game most if not all of the players will be through the transfer portal unless some kids reclassify. I have not problem at all having the top 1 or 2 classes have not done a whole lot for us other than the covid season that was cancelled since 2015.

The transfer portal isn't even halfway done. There are some quality players expected to go in who haven't even entered the portal yet.

8 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Last year's team is the first one that had good shooters out all Cals recruiting classes.

Wrong.

Oops, I missed my chance this post is where I should have done the MaddenCurse44 thing and just hung the laughing emoji on it.

10 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Wrong.

Oops, I missed my chance this post is where I should have done the MaddenCurse44 thing and just hung the laughing emoji on it.

Calipari has had terrible shooting teams.

1 hour ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Calipari has had terrible shooting teams.

For fun, I went back to 2018 to see where UK stacked up against others in FG%. The two outlier years for shooting % were this season (6th in the country) and the goofy COVID season (284th in the country). Averaging out the other years, UK is at 53 out of 363 teams. That would put them around the 85 percentile mark for this duration. Other variables could be considered such as 3 pt %, FT%, level of competition, skill level of own players, etc., but saying UK is traditionally terrible when it comes to shooting the ball is not supported by the data. And these measurements have supposedly been the dark years of UK basketball under Calipari. But perception often becomes reality with these things.

My guess is if I did all of Cal's years at UK, they would be much higher than 53rd.

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

For fun, I went back to 2018 to see where UK stacked up against others in FG%. The two outlier years for shooting % were this season (6th in the country) and the goofy COVID season (284th in the country). Averaging out the other years, UK is at 53 out of 363 teams. That would put them around the 85 percentile mark for this duration. Other variables could be considered such as 3 pt %, FT%, level of competition, skill level of own players, etc., but saying UK is traditionally terrible when it comes to shooting the ball is not supported by the data. And these measurements have supposedly been the dark years of UK basketball under Calipari. But perception often becomes reality with these things.

My guess is if I did all of Cal's years at UK, they would be much higher than 53rd.

Cal's message got stale and his last couple of teams underachieved in March...however, the guy is a top tier Coach and recruiter.  I don't know how anyone can seriously argue that.  Cal also did a great job of getting stars to play team ball for the most part.

Cal tried the portal with Grady, Sestina, Big O, Frederick, Reeves, Mitchell ( I may be leaving some out)...I don't think that was lost on him...

But it is apparrent now that BBN was ready for a change and behind the scenes, Cal had worn thin on a lot of folks.

27 minutes ago, okie1 said:

Cal's message got stale and his last couple of teams underachieved in March...however, the guy is a top tier Coach and recruiter.  I don't know how anyone can seriously argue that.  Cal also did a great job of getting stars to play team ball for the most part.

Cal tried the portal with Grady, Sestina, Big O, Frederick, Reeves, Mitchell ( I may be leaving some out)...I don't think that was lost on him...

But it is apparrent now that BBN was ready for a change and behind the scenes, Cal had worn thin on a lot of folks.

Spot on. With the portal, I think you could argue Calipari was incredibly successful with it, and if anything didn't utilize it enough. A lot of productivity (All SEC, All American) came from the portal.

As for 2024-2025 UK. Who knows? I'm crossing my fingers.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.