Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2024/2025 Kentucky Wildcats

Featured Replies

  • Replies 253
  • Views 42.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • sportsfan41
    sportsfan41

    No matter who is on the court for Kentucky next year, they will miss Reeves. I think he was MVP for his team by far in terms of offense. 

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    What is there to really regret about leaving if you’re are going to be a lottery pick? The only thing that possibly could regret is missing out on possibly being a legendary star. With that said comin

  • cincyswords
    cincyswords

    I have been doing a lot of reading on here,  X and other outlets and the really good news is that all the players committing are really the ones UK wanted and the ones going elsewhere were all just sm

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

The Quaintance visit is no longer happening. 

I also heard Quaintance is not going to Arkansas.

3 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

The Quaintance visit is no longer happening. 

I think that tells me he wanted to hold a monopoly on the "Big Man" position and with Pope probably doing a really good job grabbing Amari and more than likely getting the Great "guy" out of Utah State, the big man room is too full for JQ to come in and only get partial minutes this coming year.  Which is disappointing b/c he could have come in and grew in the program and be the "guy" for the 2025-26 season......  The kids these days have no patience.....All about me, me, me, now, now, now!

  • Author
19 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I think that tells me he wanted to hold a monopoly on the "Big Man" position and with Pope probably doing a really good job grabbing Amari and more than likely getting the Great "guy" out of Utah State, the big man room is too full for JQ to come in and only get partial minutes this coming year.  Which is disappointing b/c he could have come in and grew in the program and be the "guy" for the 2025-26 season......  The kids these days have no patience.....All about me, me, me, now, now, now!

I think it just more shows the other schools probably were offering him more money. 

It became official that ex Nevada, Georgia, and California Mark Fox has been named an associate coach Pope's staff. I was never a big fan of his hope it works at Kentucky.

  • Author
13 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

It became official that ex Nevada, Georgia, and California Mark Fox has been named an associate coach Pope's staff. I was never a big fan of his hope it works at Kentucky.

He is filling a non recruiting type role that is going to be more involved with NIL type things. So should be a good hire to go along with the other three that had been reported. Pope has put together a really good staff so far. 

Cats added Guard Lamont Butler San Diego St. He was defensive player of the year in the conference last year. He hit game winning shot in the final four two years ago to send his team to title game.

They also added Otega Oweh Guard from Oklahoma. Known for physical play and ability to get to the rim. Was the number two scorer for Oklahoma last season.

 

  • Author
3 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Cats added Guard Lamont Butler San Diego St. He was defensive player of the year in the conference last year. He hit game winning shot in the final four two years ago to send his team to title game.

They also added Otega Oweh Guard from Oklahoma. Known for physical play and ability to get to the rim. Was the number two scorer for Oklahoma last season.

 

So far Pope has added three very good tough defensive players. Now need a pg and a few more shooters for his offense. 

47 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

So far Pope has added three very good tough defensive players. Now need a pg and a few more shooters for his offense. 

Still need some legit bigs.  I'd love for Thiero to come back but I think he ends up at PITT or North Carolina. 

6 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Still need some legit bigs.  I'd love for Thiero to come back but I think he ends up at PITT or North Carolina. 

 

6 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Still need some legit bigs.  I'd love for Thiero to come back but I think he ends up at PITT or North Carolina. 

I ,so hope, Thiero comes back.  The silence is painful.  If any of last years 7 footers were the warrior he is, they would have controlled the paint like AD did.

  • Author
On 4/28/2024 at 1:04 AM, sportsfan41 said:

Still need some legit bigs.  I'd love for Thiero to come back but I think he ends up at PITT or North Carolina. 

I would absolutely love to have Thiero back. I think he would fit in perfect with this system. 

This was posted on Kentucky Wire yesterday evening. I am glad that Coach Pope is looking to the future while working on this years roster.

Kentucky basketball makes offer to 2025 recruit Darryn Peterson. Mark Pope is still working on a roster for the 2024-25 season for Kentucky basketball. However, he is also hard at work on the 2025 recruiting class. He has contacted top overall player A.J. Dybansta, and is in the running for Will Riley. Now, he has also made an offer to the third overall player in the class in Darryn Peterson.

Peterson in a five-star shooting guard out of Huntington Prep in West Virginia. He has good size at 6'6" and nearly 200 pounds, and is the top shooting guard in the class.

Peterson has offers from a lot of the top programs, including North Carolina, Kansas, Ohio State, and others. Peterson's father has previously said that Kentucky was his son's dream school as a kid. Whether or not that will factor in now is unknown.

The biggest question about Mark Pope's hiring was if he would be able to recruit top players. The answer to that won't be known for a while, but it's good to know that he's working hard at it.

I would love to see Youngstown State Center 7'3 Gabe Dynes transfer to UK. He is a shot blocker and can shoot the 3!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.