Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Ryle

Featured Replies

From the other thread:

 

The (Ryle) job was posted. Internal transfer deadline is the 28th. Any thoughts on current coaches in the building?

  • Replies 134
  • Views 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s all rumor at this point, correct?

 

I was told for fact that interviews have started, but that “fact” is a “rumor” as I have not been able to confirm with the school. I was also told they want someone with experience.

 

There are a few really good candidates right in the 9th Region if any coaches have the gusto to take on Ryle. Firmly believe this school has the players to put together a team that can win early and often.

I have heard Boone’s JV coach come up a few times in the rumor mill. I think he would be a good hire but I believe this would be his first HC job.

If you are Ryle, do you wait to see who applies and then take the best person or do you go after someone?

If you are Ryle, do you wait to see who applies and then take the best person or do you go after someone?

 

I've always assumed, in an ideal situation, that with ANY coaching hire I'd want to reach out to my ideal candidates and still allow the application process to run its course. Go after who you want but still allow yourself the opportunity for someone you hadn't thought of it hadn't expected to throw their hat in the ring. Give yourself the best of both worlds, as much as possible.

What about CovCath JV Coach Ben Franzen? He was great at HHS and he's been great at CCH?

I think Ryle needs someone with successful head coaching experience. Schumate has experience but don’t think he’s a good fit at Ryle. The JV coaches may be great but Ryle went that route with the last two coaches and both were not ready or very successful.

I think hiring a JV coach again would be a mistake, just from the standpoint that you want to excite the fan base, players, parents, and community. I think you need an established head coach. With that said, there are only 2 or 3 head coaches already in the 9th that would fit the bill of what you might expect to see at Ryle after the last decade or so, and Sullivan & Ruthsatz aren’t going anywhere.

 

Imo, if Ryle was going to “go after” someone, I think you look at guys like Snapp of Newport, Belcher of Pendleton, or Brannen at Walton (which I do NOT see him leaving). After that, you see who all applies and take the best of that bunch.

 

If you did go with a JV coach, it’d have to be a guy like Franzen, as he’s been extremely successful and is a great guy.

 

Whoever it is, it needs to be someone who can relate to people and excite the community.

Belcher at Pendleton has to prove what he is without Allen first.

Belcher at Pendleton has to prove what he is without Allen first.

 

Agree to disagree. Allen had Very few pieces around him in a smaller school. And, the game plan for every team was easy, slow Allen. Belcher still found ways to put Allen in great spots for PC to win games and compete with high level teams. At Ryle, Belcher would have more to work with, and he’s a basketball nut & historian. He could relate with kids easily. Played college basketball, and appears to be rather well connected.

Agree to disagree. Allen had Very few pieces around him in a smaller school. And, the game plan for every team was easy, slow Allen. Belcher still found ways to put Allen in great spots for PC to win games and compete with high level teams. At Ryle, Belcher would have more to work with, and he’s a basketball nut & historian. He could relate with kids easily. Played college basketball, and appears to be rather well connected.

 

We will have to agree to disagree. I just don’t see it.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.