Open Job: Ryle

Long term sustained success is due in large tothe high school coach having the freedom to oversee the program in the particular school system from the elementary up. That he or she develops a great working relationship with his or her elementary and middle school coaches and that they run the same system that the high school program is running. Also the head coach needs to be a visible presence at the middle school and elementary games.

This is the number one problem facing the new coach at Ryle. The feeder schools to Ryle want nothing to do with the high school. It has been that way for the 26 year history. I think it is the biggest reason the school has an all-time under .500 record. Coaches have changed, players have changed, parents have changed, but this fact has been consistent.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean are they only going to look at people who they “know” or who are local or all they open to someone from outside the area who may be very well qualified for the opportunity. It was not meant as a negative comment, just wondering.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13

This is the number one problem facing the new coach at Ryle. The feeder schools to Ryle want nothing to do with the high school. It has been that way for the 26 year history. I think it is the biggest reason the school has an all-time under .500 record. Coaches have changed, players have changed, parents have changed, but this fact has been consistent.

Why do the middle schools fail to integrate with the HS coaches? Is it an ego thing, not wanting to give up power? The girls program seems to do a good job.

Why do the middle schools fail to integrate with the HS coaches? Is it an ego thing, not wanting to give up power? The girls program seems to do a good job.

If you look, most of those girls have been playing with Ryle since they were in middle school. Or at least the better ones have and they’ve been doing it that way since Sidney Moss was there.

Maybe a chicken an egg thing? Why would the middle school follow the high school’s lead if the high school struggles to be successful?

Maybe a chicken an egg thing? Why would the middle school follow the high school’s lead if the high school struggles to be successful?

This is a good point but I believe if you are a middle school and you care more about winning that about developing skills, you are coaching at the wrong level. From what I have seen, the middle school team with the most kids who have hit puberty usually wins. Those same kids who are 6'0" 7th graders and dominate, a lot of times never grow another inch and struggle at the high school level because they were never taught skills.

Back on topic, interviews start the end of this week and go into next week. I would guess you would hear something before Boone County's spring break (April 8-12).