Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Ryle

Featured Replies

He wasn't let go, he was successful at Beechwood. He left for the South Dearborn job.

 

Left Beechwood when they moved from D3 to D2 in the NKAC. Knew he wouldn’t win many games after that.

  • Replies 134
  • Views 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left Beechwood when they moved from D3 to D2 in the NKAC. Knew he wouldn’t win many games after that.

 

I didn't realize NKAC success meant that much to coaches.

I didn't realize NKAC success meant that much to coaches.

 

It doesn’t but your schedule gets a ton more difficult and this means less wins. Less wins means more pressure. Wasn’t going to win their district...ever.

He wasn't let go, he was successful at Beechwood. He left for the South Dearborn job.

 

Understand. Was unsure. Thank you. How was he at South Dearborn?

Understand. Was unsure. Thank you. How was he at South Dearborn?

 

From a past BGP thread: coached his South Dearborn High Knights to victory coming back from a 4th quarter 29 point deficit. 

 

Apparently he had one huge comeback V.

Understand. Was unsure. Thank you. How was he at South Dearborn?

 

He didn’t win there.

Maybe I am naive, but I would think that Ryle would be one of the top 5/6 jobs in the 9th region. Large student body, nice facilities, and good feeder program. They have struggled recently but over the long haul they should have talented players.

 

You would think so but if you look at the entire history of the school, they have a below .500 winning percentage.

I have heard Boone’s JV coach come up a few times in the rumor mill. I think he would be a good hire but I believe this would be his first HC job.

 

Is that Nathan Browning?

I have heard Boone’s JV coach come up a few times in the rumor mill. I think he would be a good hire but I believe this would be his first HC job.

 

He was the head boys soccer coach at Boone for a few years. It’s not basketball head coach experience but it is head coaching experience.

He was the head boys soccer coach at Boone for a few years. It’s not basketball head coach experience but it is head coaching experience.

 

Disagree emphatically. Nothing against Browning. No one with his basketball resume should get the head coaching job at a school the size of Ryle.

Disagree emphatically. Nothing against Browning. No one with his basketball resume should get the head coaching job at a school the size of Ryle.

 

Was not endorsing him. I have heard his name and a few others. Was hoping to drum up what others have heard by sharing what I have.

 

I personally think Brannen from WV would be a great pick. However I don’t think he will be leaving WV unless it’s to the next level...

And, why not throw your hat in the ring, if you are Browning? If you want to be a HC, you have to first apply for the position. It's in Boone County school district so it would be an easy move to make for him and for his family.

 

Of course, whether he has a chance at being hired is besides the point I made.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.