Open Job: Ryle

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understand. Was unsure. Thank you. How was he at South Dearborn?

From a past BGP thread: coached his South Dearborn High Knights to victory coming back from a 4th quarter 29 point deficit. 

Apparently he had one huge comeback V.

Maybe I am naive, but I would think that Ryle would be one of the top 5/6 jobs in the 9th region. Large student body, nice facilities, and good feeder program. They have struggled recently but over the long haul they should have talented players.

You would think so but if you look at the entire history of the school, they have a below .500 winning percentage.

I have heard Boone’s JV coach come up a few times in the rumor mill. I think he would be a good hire but I believe this would be his first HC job.

He was the head boys soccer coach at Boone for a few years. It’s not basketball head coach experience but it is head coaching experience.

He was the head boys soccer coach at Boone for a few years. It’s not basketball head coach experience but it is head coaching experience.

Disagree emphatically. Nothing against Browning. No one with his basketball resume should get the head coaching job at a school the size of Ryle.

Disagree emphatically. Nothing against Browning. No one with his basketball resume should get the head coaching job at a school the size of Ryle.

Was not endorsing him. I have heard his name and a few others. Was hoping to drum up what others have heard by sharing what I have.

I personally think Brannen from WV would be a great pick. However I don’t think he will be leaving WV unless it’s to the next level...

And, why not throw your hat in the ring, if you are Browning? If you want to be a HC, you have to first apply for the position. It's in Boone County school district so it would be an easy move to make for him and for his family.

Of course, whether he has a chance at being hired is besides the point I made.