Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Ryle

Featured Replies

More than 2 interviewed.

 

JV Coach at Cooper, Schumate, and Belcher are the ones who have interviewed. Not saying that is bad pool just seems rather thin to me. I have calmed down from last night's frustration. There are two more head coaches in NKY that I know applied and will not get an interview who would have been more than qualified to take over the program. Since they did not interview, I will not name them.

  • Replies 134
  • Views 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JV Coach at Cooper, Schumate, and Belcher are the ones who have interviewed. Not saying that is bad pool just seems rather thin to me. I have calmed down from last night's frustration. There are two more head coaches in NKY that I know applied and will not get an interview who would have been more than qualified to take over the program. Since they did not interview, I will not name them.

 

Holthaus (spelling?) from Cooper would have also been a great hire, imo. I'm also aware of others that applied, but was unaware they weren't given interview. IMO, you have to go after the guy you want. If Belcher is that guy, then you have to hire him.

I'm pretty sure the former principal at Pendleton County is now the principal at Ryle. Take that for what its worth. I know of some assistants in the Central KY area that also applied and never heard back. If it is Belcher congrats to him hope he does well.

All the chatter has gotten quite here, must be a long interview line.

All the chatter has gotten quite here, must be a long interview line.

 

It's hard for me to believe that they're going to hire someone before spring break. If it isn't a home-run hire, then don't make it. School is too big to settle. Find or pursue someone who will change your team not just someone who knows someone.

Are there really home-run candidates beating down the door for this job? If so, I'd be interested in some names.

  • Author
Are there really home-run candidates beating down the door for this job? If so, I'd be interested in some names.

 

Welcome to BGP @RRW

I know they are interviewing 6 candidates and they should have been wrapped up this week. I assume whomever they choose will have their teaching interview at the beginning of next week with an announcement before everyone leaves for spring break the following week. This would be very similar to the timeline of events when they hired McFarland the last time around.

I know they are interviewing 6 candidates and they should have been wrapped up this week. I assume whomever they choose will have their teaching interview at the beginning of next week with an announcement before everyone leaves for spring break the following week. This would be very similar to the timeline of events when they hired McFarland the last time around.

 

So they do two separate interviews for coaching and then teaching?

So they do two separate interviews for coaching and then teaching?

 

I would assume on the same day. I’ve been on both sides of that fence, and from what I’ve seen, two separate interviews on the same day, and then the interviewers get together afterwards discuss their findings. Usually though if they really want someone for coaching, the teacher interview is more of a formality.

I would assume on the same day. I’ve been on both sides of that fence, and from what I’ve seen, two separate interviews on the same day, and then the interviewers get together afterwards discuss their findings. Usually though if they really want someone for coaching, the teacher interview is more of a formality.

 

Nothing personal about your comment but I find it odd that the teaching position (which I find more important) is just a formality. I guess some schools like to have a better sports program than test scores.

Ryle’s test scores are well above state average and the grade rate for starting freshman is 95%. They’ll be fine in that department.

Nothing personal about your comment but I find it odd that the teaching position (which I find more important) is just a formality. I guess some schools like to have a better sports program than test scores.

 

I agree. It seems odd to me too. Call me if you know enough people in the field, you’ll probably be right in line with what I’m saying.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.