Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Ryle

Featured Replies

And, why not throw your hat in the ring, if you are Browning? If you want to be a HC, you have to first apply for the position. It's in Boone County school district so it would be an easy move to make for him and for his family.

 

Of course, whether he has a chance at being hired is besides the point I made.

 

Oh, no one should have a problem with him applying and pursuing the job. If he gets an interview, good experience for him. I am saying Ryle should get more experienced and accomplished applicants.

  • Replies 134
  • Views 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the girls coach should apply.

An experienced coach who can change the losing culture and keep quality kids playing basketball is needed.

An experienced coach who can change the losing culture and keep quality kids playing basketball is needed.

 

You're spot on, but who is he and how do pull him from his current position? LOL

Do we think this will be a quick process to get someone in and get started with the marketing of the new program? Or, a slower, more drawn out process?

Do we think this will be a quick process to get someone in and get started with the marketing of the new program? Or, a slower, more drawn out process?

 

If they are hiring an experienced coach, I think it will be a quick process. If they are hiring someone without head coaching experience, then I think it will be more drawn out.

If you have someone in place by the end of school, then I think that is plenty of time. They may have to wait to see what teaching positions they have available.

I have a question? Per the KHSAA website since 1997-98 season to current Ryle has had only 8 winning seasons. Best record was 24-10. 0nly one other 20 win season in that time frame. What makes this a desirable job? Why has a school this size not fared better to this point?

Why has a school this size not fared better to this point?

 

I think it is a mistake to assume that a large student body equates to a strong athletic department. Their football and baseball teams have not had a lot of success historically either.

The size argument really matters most during "tryouts". I get that the more students that try out, the better picks of the bunch you should have. But, unfortunately, it doesn't always work out like that. Ryle is in an affluent part of town, so their are many aspects of economics that could come into play.

Joe Frederick? Would he have any interest

I have a question? Per the KHSAA website since 1997-98 season to current Ryle has had only 8 winning seasons. Best record was 24-10. 0nly one other 20 win season in that time frame. What makes this a desirable job? Why has a school this size not fared better to this point?

 

Success depends on talent. Has there been talent in the Ryle district? I don't follow middle schools that closely, but it seems like I have read often that Gray Middle School has been successful. That is the middle school on Ryle's campus. What happens to those players after middle school?

Success depends on talent. Has there been talent in the Ryle district? I don't follow middle schools that closely, but it seems like I have read often that Gray Middle School has been successful. That is the middle school on Ryle's campus. What happens to those players after middle school?

 

I don’t believe they (Gray MS) has ever had a great run of success in the MS leagues.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.