Open Job: Ryle

Agree to disagree. Allen had Very few pieces around him in a smaller school. And, the game plan for every team was easy, slow Allen. Belcher still found ways to put Allen in great spots for PC to win games and compete with high level teams. At Ryle, Belcher would have more to work with, and he’s a basketball nut & historian. He could relate with kids easily. Played college basketball, and appears to be rather well connected.

Coach Belcher has had more than one kid depart the program for greener pastures over the last 3/4 years. What high level programs did PC complete against with Allen?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I am naive, but I would think that Ryle would be one of the top 5/6 jobs in the 9th region. Large student body, nice facilities, and good feeder program. They have struggled recently but over the long haul they should have talented players.

Maybe I am naive, but I would think that Ryle would be one of the top 5/6 jobs in the 9th region. Large student body, nice facilities, and good feeder program. They have struggled recently but over the long haul they should have talented players.

No reason to disagree, but history proves us both wrong.

Does Mike still teach at Highlands? If Ryle could fine PE spot for him I could see that, but Brossart should be too 4 in 10th next year. Also as good a coach Mike is not sure this late in his coaching tenure he would want a restart in the feeder, parents, and community.

I saw someone mention Rick shumate, wasn’t he let go from Beechwood before Goetz took over, or did he choose to walk away? And, didn’t he apply for Dixie and didn’t get the job? Or, did he not apply? Serious questions, but things I heard.

He wasn't let go, he was successful at Beechwood. He left for the South Dearborn job.