Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Ryle

Featured Replies

Agree to disagree. Allen had Very few pieces around him in a smaller school. And, the game plan for every team was easy, slow Allen. Belcher still found ways to put Allen in great spots for PC to win games and compete with high level teams. At Ryle, Belcher would have more to work with, and he’s a basketball nut & historian. He could relate with kids easily. Played college basketball, and appears to be rather well connected.

 

Coach Belcher has had more than one kid depart the program for greener pastures over the last 3/4 years. What high level programs did PC complete against with Allen?

  • Replies 134
  • Views 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those 3 could and do compete with good 9th Region teams. So, imo, if he were to go to Ryle, with potentially deeper talent pools, I could see him turning it around.

I saw someone mention Rick shumate, wasn’t he let go from Beechwood before Goetz took over, or did he choose to walk away? And, didn’t he apply for Dixie and didn’t get the job? Or, did he not apply? Serious questions, but things I heard.

Those 3 could and do compete with good 9th Region teams. So, imo, if he were to go to Ryle, with potentially deeper talent pools, I could see him turning it around.

 

I just don't see Belcher leaving PC any time soon.

I just don't see Belcher leaving PC any time soon.

 

I don’t necessairly disagree with that. Just a name I mentioned as someone who might be a name to throw in the hat who has been a good head coach over a period of time.

I just don't see Belcher leaving PC any time soon.

 

 

Who do you see or believe would be a good candidate for the job?

Who do you see or believe would be a good candidate for the job?

 

I really don't have any thoughts, but I don't see an employed head coach having much interest.

Maybe I am naive, but I would think that Ryle would be one of the top 5/6 jobs in the 9th region. Large student body, nice facilities, and good feeder program. They have struggled recently but over the long haul they should have talented players.

Maybe I am naive, but I would think that Ryle would be one of the top 5/6 jobs in the 9th region. Large student body, nice facilities, and good feeder program. They have struggled recently but over the long haul they should have talented players.

 

No reason to disagree, but history proves us both wrong.

How about someone like Mike Code?

 

Code is a really good coach. His disciplined, tough, workman like style could work.

Does Mike still teach at Highlands? If Ryle could fine PE spot for him I could see that, but Brossart should be too 4 in 10th next year. Also as good a coach Mike is not sure this late in his coaching tenure he would want a restart in the feeder, parents, and community.

I saw someone mention Rick shumate, wasn’t he let go from Beechwood before Goetz took over, or did he choose to walk away? And, didn’t he apply for Dixie and didn’t get the job? Or, did he not apply? Serious questions, but things I heard.

 

He wasn't let go, he was successful at Beechwood. He left for the South Dearborn job.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.