Open Job: Grant County

19 hours ago, theguru said:

I am told Joe Utter has resigned.

Anyone?

And this would be a big loss for Grant County, correct?

Big loss?  0 district/region championships and only 3 appearances in the region in 8 years.  I know it isn't all about that in terms of success but I don't think it's a big loss.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, HSBballfan1212 said:

Big loss?  0 district/region championships and only 3 appearances in the region in 8 years.  I know it isn't all about that in terms of success but I don't think it's a big loss.

Agreed. 

Grant is not a school rich in success or a big draw for athletes. Two region championship 1958&1978.  3 district titles in last 30 years.  Maybe a new coach can turn it around. 

22 minutes ago, KYFootballFanz said:

I know several who wish it had happened a long time ago. 

And they would be foolish.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 10:39 PM, theguru said:

I am told Joe Utter has resigned.

Anyone?

And this would be a big loss for Grant County, correct?

It’s a huge loss for Grant Co. Basketball is about so much more than wins and losses. Yes every coach wants to win and I believe Coach Utter worked tirelessly to put his players and teams in the right position to do that. But if you take the wins and losses out of it, the job of a coach is to try and create great young men that will grow up to be great adults. Coach Utter has been a staple in that community outside of basketball, whether it was volunteering, helping the next generation  of players or supporting other programs and student athletes. I’ll say this much, I wish the next person great success but I don’t envy them having to follow Coach Utter. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1