Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HSBballfan1212

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HSBballfan1212

  1. Marks the seconds time a top player leaves Scott for better opportunities.
  2. Great post. I believe that last few coaches that have come and gone at Grant County had parent issues. Jones is homegrown and has great pride in that school. If he can't please the parents there, not sure who could.
  3. Who would they want to take over at that place? Not exactly an easy place to win at with Simon Kenton dominating the district historically and Walton-Verona an up-and-coming school for athletics being the 2nd most successful in recent years.
  4. The point is you make them say no. My 2nd tier of guys would be still be ones with head coaching experience. This is not a job for someone getting their first head coaching gig. Go after maybe a Cincinnati coach.
  5. Calls that Ken Ellis should make today: 1. Tim Sullivan 2. Ricardo Johnson 3. Rod Snapp 4. Mike Walker Go down the line until that person says they're interested.
  6. This was the salary scale for principals in 2022-2023. I imagine it would be closer to starting at 117,000 and max out at 146,000 now.
  7. "lots of changes at Campbell County" isn't just one player leaving lol.
  8. It would be one of the most highly sought after jobs in the state.
  9. I'm going to take this as sarcasm...but I also could see it happening.
  10. That's easy. They just call alum Mike Hester who has been doing a great job at Walton Verona and actually took some of SK's talent with him when he went there. SK had the talent for years to compete for an 8th Region title. No one has had the size or depth that they've had over the last 21 years in the 8th.
  11. I know this might seem a little late to the party on this post but after seeing Simon Kenton exit again in the 8th region tournament I think it has to be asked. Is Trent Steiner on the hot seat? Just lookin at his 23 years at the helm of the Pioneers program and sure they have found success in the district but SK has 924 boys in their school which is significantly more than any other 8th region program. The next closes is Oldham County at 867 and they've definitely seen more region titles in that same span. I like Trent but just curious if it might be time for him to stepaside as we know the school won't let him go from the basketball position.
  12. Great job by Ryle but honestly it felt like anyone in the 9th could have made it to the finals to face off against the heavily favored Cov Cath Colonels. I predict a heavy dose of pressure by Cov Cath and a 20+ point win. I expect the Colonels to shut down Coppola and dominate with their trio of guards.
  13. Simon Kenton has a team camp starting next Tuesday I believe.
  14. Why not? Wife is a coach there and it isn't like the basketball team has been very successful recently.
  15. Fifthian hits 6 3FGs. Coach Simpson is incredible.
  16. Long time critic of Steiner but I like this draw for Simon Kenton. I could see them actually breaking through this season. But I’m also a big fan of Steve Simpson and he will have his guys ready. SK held Fifthian to 1 made 3FG in their early season matchup at home. If they do that again, they’ll win but if he makes 3-4 3FGs it’ll be long night for the Pioneers.
  17. Faust is still listed as the head coach at St. Henry.
  18. Scott is lucky they're in the 10th Region. They will beat up on the weaker small schools but can't handle the 9th Region middle of the road teams. Fromeyer got lucky to inherit a well-coached players from Carr his first three years. Steve is a great guy but not up to par as a coach. Their best win last year was against Walton Verona and outside of them only had two wins against teams with a .500 or better record (Beechwood, Holy Cross). Record from 2017-2019 (65-35) Record from 2020-2024 (58-92)
  19. Sully just proves over and over that he's the best coach in NKY.
  20. The AD has been sour on basketball every since his son got passed by his peers in the sport. His kid had a nice track career but Utter and him never saw eye to eye after.
  21. Bold take...wonder why he didn't work with any of the previous staffs, Utter or Grammer, if he had the goal of running the program one day.
  22. He expressed interest in Conner but ultimately wasn't a good fit for him. The Cooper administration and Sully just butt heads on philosophies. I think he really was waiting them out hoping they'd leave before driving him away. Unfortunately for the Cooper kids, I think that's where he is now.
  23. Expect Sully to go hard after this one.
  24. I've said from the beginning that this would be Holthaus job and still believe that is how it will end. Maybe I'm wrong.
  25. Who are the candidates?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.