Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Conner

Featured Replies

Matt Otte resigned today.

Who should be on the short list?  This is a good job, right?

  • Replies 82
  • Views 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Hearing it's down to N. Browning, J. Holthaus and a Conner assistant.

  • gbballfan21
    gbballfan21

    No thank you on Stamm. We have been to that movie and have seen the show. I know he is your buddy ... and he has done solid work at Ludlow and without digging deep ...a good job at Conner. Whether you

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Some of the stuff you probably know more than I about. However to comment on a few things. Two of the years he was at Conner, the 9th region produced a state champ. Then the losses you mentioned to Ho

Tough district…Otte did a nice job with the program. From 2018 through 2023 he had some good teams..  I say bring Coach Dave Taylor back out of retirement!  

Where is Ryan Bowman at today?

Jim Hicks return to the sidelines?

David McFarland with another whack at the 33rd district?

I think this is a decent job, yes. Very competitive district where you might end up a top ten team in the region and still hold the four seed (example - Conner this year). But honestly, since Cooper opened, how many times can we say Ryle, Boone or Conner were favorites to compete for a regional title? 

I’m calling it right now. Holthaus leaves Cooper girls to take over Conner.  No inside info just a hunch. 

Coach Otte, 8 seasons, 131-95, 3 District titles, 5 Region appearances, 2 trips to the semis, 1 trip to the final. 

1 hour ago, HSBballfan1212 said:

I’m calling it right now. Holthaus leaves Cooper girls to take over Conner.  No inside info just a hunch. 

I'm calling it right now, NOT A CHANCE!  Cooper is the only school in NKY that has a successful Girls, Boys and Football which is an attaction and while Holthaus is not the original coach like the other two major sports, he has built his program up as a power in the state and there's something to be said about being that person.  Not to mention even though they lose a ton this year, they do have some young pieces that will make them a very solid girls team next year with some young guns coming in future years.  The Cooper boys team will make another run next year as they have virtually the whole team back, will be a tough start whoever takes that job for whoever gets it.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Sixer said:

I'm calling it right now, NOT A CHANCE!  Cooper is the only school in NKY that has a successful Girls, Boys and Football which is an attaction and while Holthaus is not the original coach like the other two major sports, he has built his program up as a power in the state and there's something to be said about being that person.  Not to mention even though they lose a ton this year, they do have some young pieces that will make them a very solid girls team next year with some young guns coming in future years.  The Cooper boys team will make another run next year as they have virtually the whole team back, will be a tough start whoever takes that job for whoever gets it.

I've known coach H for a long time and he loves a challenge and while he has been very successful on the girls side he interviewed for boys' jobs just didn't land one.  Now that he has the experience of being a head coach, he would be the #1 option.  Plus he already teaches in the district so it would be an easy transfer.

1 hour ago, HSBballfan1212 said:

I’m calling it right now. Holthaus leaves Cooper girls to take over Conner.  No inside info just a hunch. 

I almost put him on my list as well. If he wants to hop on over to the boys, this a very sensible opportunity for all parties.

1 hour ago, HSBballfan1212 said:

I've known coach H for a long time and he loves a challenge and while he has been very successful on the girls side he interviewed for boys' jobs just didn't land one.  Now that he has the experience of being a head coach, he would be the #1 option.  Plus he already teaches in the district so it would be an easy transfer.

While your points are valid, I would believe when I saw it. I just don't see it happening in the 33rd but anything is possible and Conner is a respectable job.

How about Ben Franzen from Bishop Brossart?  I thought he succeeded Matt Otto as JV Coach at Covington Catholic when Matt Otto took the Conner Job.

6 hours ago, DARZ said:

How about Ben Franzen from Bishop Brossart?  I thought he succeeded Matt Otto as JV Coach at Covington Catholic when Matt Otto took the Conner Job.

Look, I know he’s a good coach with a bright future, but I don’t see how anyone can take him right now after a 3 win season. Really hard to sell that to your players, parents and supporters as a step in the right direction.

Where is Coach Otte heading? Surprised by this one. I really liked what he was doing with the program. 

With that said ... until a certain program there quits discouraging their athletes from playing other sports ... this job won't be what it could be. (Funny thing is ... it would help that program more than the others sports).

It will be really interesting to see what happens with this hire. 

IMO…..Would like to see Conner’s JV Coach John Bowling have the opportunity taking over the Varsity position.

Next to Conner’s AD Jim Hicks and few other former Conner Basketball Alum, no one would know the history about Conner Basketball and how much it means to the local community than John Bowling, he’s lived it and would do all he can to build off old tradition as well as what Coach Otte built as head coach.

Good Luck to Coach John Bowling.

Good call On Coach Bowling. He has certainly been around Conner basketball since he was knee high to a grasshopper. I am not sure they could find a better guy to take things over. 

15 hours ago, gbballfan21 said:

Where is Coach Otte heading? Surprised by this one. I really liked what he was doing with the program. 

With that said ... until a certain program there quits discouraging their athletes from playing other sports ... this job won't be what it could be. (Funny thing is ... it would help that program more than the others sports).

It will be really interesting to see what happens with this hire. 

Our sources tell us the decision was personal (family focus) and not for another job. As far as we know, he will continue in his teaching role at Conner. 

Curious what is meant by "a certain program there quits discouraging their athletes from playing other sports". Can you elaborate?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.