Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Conner

Featured Replies

Guessing Conner having a change of heart was false. I'd say Conner admin should have a very good reason to not even give him an interview. Especially if it's down to 3 in Boone County schools, and he's not one. Not a lot of experience there.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Hearing it's down to N. Browning, J. Holthaus and a Conner assistant.

  • gbballfan21
    gbballfan21

    No thank you on Stamm. We have been to that movie and have seen the show. I know he is your buddy ... and he has done solid work at Ludlow and without digging deep ...a good job at Conner. Whether you

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Some of the stuff you probably know more than I about. However to comment on a few things. Two of the years he was at Conner, the 9th region produced a state champ. Then the losses you mentioned to Ho

Hearing it's down to N. Browning, J. Holthaus and a Conner assistant.

2 hours ago, theguru said:

For clarity, what info involving Coach Sullivan is false and what is true?

He is interested and Conner is not.  Was told this morning that Conner admin had changed mind and was going to interview him.  That was not correct.  There are 3 serious candidates, all of which are currently in the system.

1 hour ago, RRW said:

Hearing it's down to N. Browning, J. Holthaus and a Conner assistant.

My understanding as well.

17 hours ago, RRW said:

Hearing it's down to N. Browning, J. Holthaus and a Conner assistant.

Hopefully the Conner assistant is John Bowling. If not .... ugh.

Bowling has lived and breathed Conner basketball since at least the late 80's.

In my top 3 of basketball minds ...and most importantly ... he has the right mentality to be an extremely successful head coach.

1 minute ago, gbballfan21 said:

Hopefully the Conner assistant is John Bowling. If not .... ugh.

Bowling has lived and breathed Conner basketball since at least the late 80's.

In my top 3 of basketball minds ...and most importantly ... he has the right mentality to be an extremely successful head coach.

"Ugh" means Conner hired the current 9th region coach of the year (Nate Browning) or the coach who has won multiple 9th region championships on the girls side (Holthaus), as well as boys JV championships. I would say they are both better than "Ugh". Good luck to all 3 candidates. 

On 4/15/2024 at 4:33 PM, 9068 said:

Why? Just because he graduated from there?He knows it's a mess. Why leave a program that you built from scratch to try and fix it?

I'm more asking if his interest in the Conner position was a true interest in the position or was this more trying to leave Cooper.  Everybody knows the Holmes job is a mess but nobody seems to know all the details on why Sullivan applied for the Conner job.  If it's really an issue with Cooper admins is it enough to get him to apply for the Holmes job?

Wouldn't it be funny if Sullivan never even applied and yet we have spent several pages discussing his name?

3 hours ago, ProblemChild said:

"Ugh" means Conner hired the current 9th region coach of the year (Nate Browning) or the coach who has won multiple 9th region championships on the girls side (Holthaus), as well as boys JV championships. I would say they are both better than "Ugh". Good luck to all 3 candidates. 

I've said from the beginning that this would be Holthaus job and still believe that is how it will end.  Maybe I'm wrong.

7 hours ago, ProblemChild said:

"Ugh" means Conner hired the current 9th region coach of the year (Nate Browning) or the coach who has won multiple 9th region championships on the girls side (Holthaus), as well as boys JV championships. I would say they are both better than "Ugh". Good luck to all 3 candidates. 

Yeah ...ugh. I feel like Bowling is the best option. I think he knows Conner and Conner kids better than either of the other applicants. In my opinion ... that matters significantly to me. I think he has a great basketball mind ...I understand why you probably don't know that. And it is fine.

I understand that there are good applicants ... I just think that when you have a guy in house who understands the game, and understands the school it is hard for me to see past that in this case. 

Whats up with Cooper where both basketball coaches are looking to bail?

  • Author
7 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

Yeah ...ugh. I feel like Bowling is the best option. I think he knows Conner and Conner kids better than either of the other applicants. In my opinion ... that matters significantly to me. I think he has a great basketball mind ...I understand why you probably don't know that. And it is fine.

I understand that there are good applicants ... I just think that when you have a guy in house who understands the game, and understands the school it is hard for me to see past that in this case. 

Whats up with Cooper where both basketball coaches are looking to bail?

Don't forget the DC that bolted, took some shots at the head football coach, and then deleted his X account.  Something is going on at Cooper and it is not good.  It almost has to be either the AD or the Principal (or both) running coaches off. 

1 hour ago, gbballfan21 said:

Yeah ...ugh. I feel like Bowling is the best option. I think he knows Conner and Conner kids better than either of the other applicants. In my opinion ... that matters significantly to me. I think he has a great basketball mind ...I understand why you probably don't know that. And it is fine.

I understand that there are good applicants ... I just think that when you have a guy in house who understands the game, and understands the school it is hard for me to see past that in this case. 

Whats up with Cooper where both basketball coaches are looking to bail?

I'd think after the run of talent and success that Holthaus has had he knows it will be a while before that happens again in a very good district. I think Sullivan may never have been a serious candidate.

  • Author
8 minutes ago, 9068 said:

I'd think after the run of talent and success that Holthaus has had he knows it will be a while before that happens again in a very good district. I think Sullivan may never have been a serious candidate.

I am starting to wonder if Sullivan was taking part in some type of anti-Cooper protest. 

16 hours ago, theguru said:

Don't forget the DC that bolted, took some shots at the head football coach, and then deleted his X account.  Something is going on at Cooper and it is not good.  It almost has to be either the AD or the Principal (or both) running coaches off. 

Couldn't agree more.

14 hours ago, 9068 said:

I'd think after the run of talent and success that Holthaus has had he knows it will be a while before that happens again in a very good district. I think Sullivan may never have been a serious candidate.

Not that my thought matters ... but I hate that there are coaches that think this way. The cupboard isn't bare for the Cooper girls. This dude is a season or two away from creating a potential dynasty at Cooper. Instead of taking that step .... coaches think the better move is leaving to go somewhere else.

The hard part is over for the Cooper girls ...why not take that program to the mountaintop and finish the last step before looking for other jobs. 

that's why I love coaches like Noel Rash ... there were some not so great seasons in his tenure. But he stayed the course and took the program to the next level.

You just can't be ready to bolt after a great run of talent leaves. If a coach has faith in their abilities to coach ... departing talent isn't the end ...its another door opening. 

That thought is why I love Bowling in this job. He will take what the previous staff did and build on it. And he isn't going to jump ship for a better job once he makes great progress.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.