Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9068

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 9068

  1. A whole bunch......to not many, if any. Could be a running clock in the first or mid second quarter.
  2. Tell us how you really feel Watusi lol. I officiated the Pike County Bowl a couple times but those two never hooked up. The assigner brought us in from NKY as requested by participating teams lol.
  3. There's a team in Highland Heights? Lived in this area 70+ years, taught, coached, and officiated, and never have been to a high school in HH......Dale Elementary closed many years ago and I don't see NKU playing football.
  4. When my son was a freshman at Highlands in 1986 people said that about that group. 1989 state champions. Defeated Paducah Tilghman 7-3, avenging a 28-27 loss at Henderson County Bowl. Kids grow, improve, and mature.
  5. Will CAL have to use the new "multiplier" for classification? Will they still be 3A or move up??
  6. I would say get him out of there. I would imagine his old teammates won't be thrilled to see him.
  7. I was wearing black Spotbilt shoes to officiate. Worked on turf or grass.
  8. And Brooks ripple sole black shoes!
  9. I would imagine that if a player were to be severely injured doing one of these drills that the catastrophic injury insurance may not kick in. As a coach I would think you would have to re-think using those drills.
  10. We have about 220 schools in 6 classes. I don't think there are eight teams so superior to others that they would do that. Trinity, X, Male, Manual, Boyle, maybe Owensboro, South Warren and?????
  11. I figured this could be a distinct possibility when I read that Coach Volker was going to teach in Ohio. I've always felt that Beechwood has had outstanding coaches and play a good early season schedule. This is definitely not a knock on their success, but they usually are not tested until the state semifinals. I have always had a great deal of respect for Coach Rash but what he did last year for the kids at Conner was above and beyond any championship he had won. Not only is he an HOF coach, he's an HOF man!! Keep it rolling Noel!!!
  12. I had the pleasure of officiating the 92 and 94 State Championship games. Those were very good teams.
  13. Isn't Niederman an administrator in Erlanger?
  14. I would think several NKY schools would be happy to have the success Cooper has enjoyed athletically since its inception.
  15. They don't CARE if he breaks the rules.....if they win. Between 2 former football coaches, a former basketball coach, and their staffs they are on the hook for 70+ MILLION DOLLARS in owed compensation to NOT WORK THERE. That tells you all you need to know.
  16. If the coach has resigned and is not working in the school system as an employee it may take a little while to get everything together as far as letters, awards, etc. If the season ended as many have implied a banquet, get together, or whatever may be a little tense don't you think?
  17. Is it just me or does it seem there are more job openings at really strong programs than usual? Seems that way on the men's and women's site. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
  18. Let me stir the pot. What if a child is home schooled but the parents choose to have the child compete in athletics at a parochial school? I realize tuition would be involved, but if the athlete competed in 2 or 3 sports and was super talented the family may feel it is worth it. Thoughts? I believe that was Tim Tebow's path as a young man.
  19. That hiring shocked me too.
  20. It wouldn't go too far in Honolulu lol.
  21. Not being critical of your comment at all, but that is today's mindset and it is probably the best one. There are several players who will play for four schools in four years! What a letterman's jacket lol.
  22. Why? There's only one of those teams left in this year's field. Times are changing in the buy a team era.
  23. You honestly believe that a guy with 20+ years experience as an SEC athletic director panicked? I'd say he could cast a pretty wide net if he chose to do so. Bottom line.....the guys on this roster were not great players.
  24. I see less movement of coaches coming unless they get fired lol. It is getting tougher to put together a PROGRAM than to just buy a TEAM. If you remember correctly people have not been exactly knocking the doors down to get the UK job. There are going to be a bunch of interesting firings/hirings this cycle. The SC and NC coaches are both on the hot seat down here.
  25. He may be happy at Iowa State. He has better players than Kentucky and recruits well. Why leave and go to a place where if you play poorly in a scrimmage the fan base wants to fire you lol.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.