Skip to content

Is Coach Eviston in the hot seat at CCH?

Featured Replies

Was gonna wait on it but I can't help myself. If Sphire has one of these threads I think Eviston does now.

How long does EE get to hang his hat on a Boyle Co upset before people notice he's not beating Highlands anymore?

  • Author

Does next year's football reclassification give him a reprieve from the pressure to beat Highlands if they're in another class?

46 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

Does next year's football reclassification give him a reprieve from the pressure to beat Highlands if they're in another class?

Yes!

8 hours ago, The Oracle said:

Was gonna wait on it but I can't help myself. If Sphire has one of these threads I think Eviston does now.

How long does EE get to hang his hat on a Boyle Co upset before people notice he's not beating Highlands anymore?

You have easily been one of his biggest critics. Clearly you don't want him as your coach. Who do you think will come in and do better than 4 state championship appearances in 10 years?

I don't think so currently.

Last night was bad, but the bump up to 5A is a new life and there is a lot of returning production next year. Getting Brandon Smith back to 100% will be a huge boost.

I think if we stayed in 4A and had to compete with Highlands/Boyle/CAL for the next two years it's probably over at the end of that, even though I think EE is still a very good coach.

2 hours ago, Three Blind Mice said:

You have easily been one of his biggest critics. Clearly you don't want him as your coach. Who do you think will come in and do better than 4 state championship appearances in 10 years?

This is always one of those "be careful" situations because there's never a guarantee you get someone capable as a replacement. We've seen lots of programs across the state wrecked by coaches getting turfed and then those programs struggling for a long time - or continuing to struggle - to find their footing.

I always laugh at these posts. Eviston has proved that he is a very good coach. They play a good schedule that will probably be easier when they get bumped up to 5A. I think they would be hard pressed to find a coach that's a better fit than him.

3 hours ago, Three Blind Mice said:

You have easily been one of his biggest critics. Clearly you don't want him as your coach. Who do you think will come in and do better than 4 state championship appearances in 10 years?

I'm not the Oracle, but Brett Dietz would be an upgrade and is fairly plausible.

No not at this time. For all the reasons mentioned above, but specifically the jump to 5A and the production coming back. Additionally we have played a brutal schedule this year so Eddie is safe for now for sure.

Covington Catholic is very well coached and should be very pleased with the job he is doing. The grass is not always greener on the far side of the hill.

4 hours ago, CCHFC said:

I'm not the Oracle, but Brett Dietz would be an upgrade and is fairly plausible.

What? Dietz has built an incredibly strong program at Depaw. Why would he leave?

Side note I played with Eddie from grade school through high school and with Brett at Hanover. I'd take either one and be completely content.

5 hours ago, DanvilleFan said:

This is always one of those "be careful" situations because there's never a guarantee you get someone capable as a replacement. We've seen lots of programs across the state wrecked by coaches getting turfed and then those programs struggling for a long time - or continuing to struggle - to find their footing.

They forget where they were before he got there.

5 minutes ago, Three Blind Mice said:

What? Dietz has built an incredibly strong program at Depaw. Why would he leave?

Side note I played with Eddie from grade school through high school and with Brett at Hanover. I'd take either one and be completely content.

You mean DePauw, go Tigers!

Beat Wabash!

5 hours ago, 9068 said:

I always laugh at these posts. Eviston has proved that he is a very good coach. They play a good schedule that will probably be easier when they get bumped up to 5A. I think they would be hard pressed to find a coach that's a better fit than him.

Agree. I would say this is silly talk but Ruthsatz doesn't coach basketball there anymore.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.