Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Coach Eviston in the hot seat at CCH?

Featured Replies

5 minutes ago, Three Blind Mice said:

What? Dietz has built an incredibly strong program at Depaw. Why would he leave?

Side note I played with Eddie from grade school through high school and with Brett at Hanover. I'd take either one and be completely content.

I extremely casually know and really like both. I think both are awesome coaches but give Brett an edge based off all I've seen both in person and at clinics since the question was asked of who could reasonably be hired who is better.

I think CCH will be very strong in 27 and 28 in 5A so this is probably pointless, but since you asked, reasons for Brett would be:

  1. Live in NKY vs Rural Indiana (or avoid long commutes daily living in Indy suburbs).

  2. I'm pretty sure he has a young family so you can coach your sons in high school at your alma mater. Deep down I'm sure Brett would love for them to be Colonels,

  3. higher comp compared to D3 HC? I don't know this for certain so I put this 3.

    16 minutes ago, Three Blind Mice said:

    They forget where they were before he got there.

Cov Cath lost by 3 to a senior BYU QB commit in the 3rd round of the playoffs and were consistently top 3-4 in their class the last 4 years before Eddie got there. Eddie was an upgrade but I'm 90% sure Dave Wirth's staff would have won two rings in a six class system with Michael Mayer on the roster.

No way. Do you remember what it was like in the few years before he got there. I remember them losing 63-7 to Ryle at nippert stadium in 2010. Blow out loses like that do not happen under eviston.

  • Author
10 hours ago, Three Blind Mice said:

You have easily been one of his biggest critics. Clearly you don't want him as your coach. Who do you think will come in and do better than 4 state championship appearances in 10 years?

The East Licking Mafia in the CCH front offices have proven that they don't listen to anyone's opinions and concerns or fire their own hires unless theyre told to by the bishop so realistically I think EE has zero concerns abt job security. The football roster has shrunken every year he's been in charge of the football program tho bc he's made it clear that unless you're not one of his two way starters you're not gonna see the football field at CCH. That's bled on down through the youth program where numbers have also shrunken during his time at CCH. We've continued to see the same half dozen plays run time after time with very little change even while the position talen changes every year. We've continued to see special teams flounder while the same coach is left in charge of them. We've continued to see fewer students come to football games. We've continued to watch the team play mediocre football in the first half of every important game while we wait for the EE miracle makers to adjust at the half for our next big comeback. We've had 4 state championships in 10 yrs but we haven't scored a touchdown in a state championship since 2019.

Grand scheme I'm not asking for somebody to come in and give us 4 state title appearances in a decade. That'd be nice but grand scheme I'm just asking for a hfc who makes more kids actually want to play CCH football and a hfc who makes CCH students excited abt CCH football. That'd be enough for me.

Recently Browsing 2

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.