Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Cooper

Featured Replies

Who should be on the short list to replace Coach Borchers?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Just make sure "they" get what "they" want, and that means Johnny better be starting varsity his sophomore year.

  • Three Blind Mice
    Three Blind Mice

    There is zero chance Lickert can take that job.  He's principal at Withrow.  That's why he stepped down from NewCath.  On top of that, his son is starting up at Highlands this year.

  • THUNDERBIRDS
    THUNDERBIRDS

    Jeff Barth would be at Highlands if he wasn't in the situation he is with Ludlow. They have a rule that doesn't allow District Employees to Coach at other Schools. Jeff has a rising Freshman that will

Posted Images

It is a little late in the game to be searching for a head coach, but I imagine that this job will get quite a few talented applicants. It is in a winnable district, and the area is growing rapidly which will continue to bring in talented players.

  • Author
25 minutes ago, AvidSportsJunkie856 said:

It is a little late in the game to be searching for a head coach, but I imagine that this job will get quite a few talented applicants. It is in a winnable district, and the area is growing rapidly which will continue to bring in talented players.

I agree this job should attract several talented applicants and I don't think the timing is a big deal. 

One negative I see is the growth around Cooper is "have a little bit of money growth" and sometimes "nothing" is good enough for people with money. 

34 minutes ago, theguru said:

I agree this job should attract several talented applicants and I don't think the timing is a big deal. 

One negative I see is the growth around Cooper is "have a little bit of money growth" and sometimes "nothing" is good enough for people with money. 

Just make sure "they" get what "they" want, and that means Johnny better be starting varsity his sophomore year.

I suspect plenty of names will be thrown out for this one.

 

In-house, I would expect Ben Brown or Adam Begley to get interviews.

Regionally, I think Dan Woolley, Kyle Niederman and Steve Lickert all get a phone call. 

 

A surprise name to look out for? Pat Burke from Dixie. 

28 minutes ago, Pi said:

I suspect plenty of names will be thrown out for this one.

 

In-house, I would expect Ben Brown or Adam Begley to get interviews.

Regionally, I think Dan Woolley, Kyle Niederman and Steve Lickert all get a phone call. 

 

A surprise name to look out for? Pat Burke from Dixie. 

Woolley, Niederman and Lickert would definitely be great hires IMO. 
 

What about Gary Pence? A few years removed from coaching under Borchers (for many years I believe). Now the head coach at Walton-Verona. Could he be an option to return to Cooper? 

1 minute ago, onethirdofthegame said:

Woolley, Niederman and Lickert would definitely be great hires IMO. 
 

What about Gary Pence? A few years removed from coaching under Borchers (for many years I believe). Now the head coach at Walton-Verona. Could he be an option to return to Cooper? 

PENCE. I knew I was missing a name.

Could be in there for sure.

36 minutes ago, Pi said:

I suspect plenty of names will be thrown out for this one.

 

In-house, I would expect Ben Brown or Adam Begley to get interviews.

Regionally, I think Dan Woolley, Kyle Niederman and Steve Lickert all get a phone call. 

 

A surprise name to look out for? Pat Burke from Dixie. 

There is zero chance Lickert can take that job.  He's principal at Withrow.  That's why he stepped down from NewCath.  On top of that, his son is starting up at Highlands this year.

Just now, Three Blind Mice said:

There is zero chance Lickert can take that job.  He's principal at Withrow.  That's why he stepped down from NewCath.  On top of that, his son is starting up at Highlands this year.

It's a shot in the dark.

But.

I could see him taking one last swing at a state title. Stepping down from Principal to be AD at Cooper and make a run at it. (and bring his son with him)

6 minutes ago, Pi said:

It's a shot in the dark.

But.

I could see him taking one last swing at a state title. Stepping down from Principal to be AD at Cooper and make a run at it. (and bring his son with him)

There is more of a chance that Borchers ends up on staff at NewCath than there is Lickert ending up at Cooper. 

No way Lickert leaves Withrow and that salary to take the Cooper job.  Not saying that it’s not a great job, but you can match a CPS administrator salary! 

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Ohiocoach43 said:

No way Lickert leaves Withrow and that salary to take the Cooper job.  Not saying that it’s not a great job, but you can match a CPS administrator salary! 

A quick Google AI search says this about the salaries:

Administrators at Cincinnati Public Schools (CPS) generally earn between \(\$80,000\) and \(\$130,000+\) annually, with high-level positions like superintendents exceeding \(\$200,000\). Specific roles like Principals average around \(\$92,000-\$99,000\), while specialized or senior administrative roles can exceed \(\$170,000\). Salary depends heavily on experience,, degree level, and specific contract, as noted in the 2024-2025 Salary Schedule.

15 minutes ago, theguru said:

A quick Google AI search says this about the salaries:

Administrators at Cincinnati Public Schools (CPS) generally earn between \(\$80,000\) and \(\$130,000+\) annually, with high-level positions like superintendents exceeding \(\$200,000\). Specific roles like Principals average around \(\$92,000-\$99,000\), while specialized or senior administrative roles can exceed \(\$170,000\). Salary depends heavily on experience,, degree level, and specific contract, as noted in the 2024-2025 Salary Schedule.

Obviously, that is a wide range. I honestly thought it would be higher. 

  • Author
18 minutes ago, AC Slater said:

Obviously, that is a wide range. I honestly thought it would be higher. 

Same.

Gary Pence would be a good option as a young coach. He has two years of head coach experience, plus years of studying under Coach Borchers. As a HC he has had the opportunity to rebuild the WV program after the departure of Barth, and grow a young core of players. His second season saw the further development of this core with WV's first playoff win in the last couple of years. I am sure he would want to see his work with this core come to fruition this year, but I'd understand his interest in returning to Cooper where he spent many years. I also would be interested to see if Borchers would conduct these HC interviews as acting and/or exiting Athletic director. I'd imagine Borcher's would want a coach to continue his program/legacy as opposed to rebuild from scratch. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.