Tyler Jones is the next boys head coach at Grant County

• theguru changed the title to Tyler Jones is the next boys head coach at Grant County
32 minutes ago, NKYBballFan32 said:

As a longtime GC fan, very bad hire. How does this better the program?  Only 1 year of middle school basketball experience. They will miss Joe Utter desperately.

He has a little more than that. He was the Frosh coach several years back. I hope he does well.  

• theguru changed the title to Tyler Jones is the next boys head coach at Grant County - Not Confirmed

I hope he does good for the sake of I love GC basketball.. he was a nice player in 2003, what has he done since?! A year of freshman several years ago, and one year of middle school? Not gonna get it done in the 32nd I’m sorry. 
I’d take Grammer back at this point.

Good luck coach Tyler Jones. 2 years of coaching experience(one Frosh/one middle).  Every coach has to start somewhere to get that experience. There will be a learning curve for sure and it will take great support staff to get program going.  Firing all assistants is not a good start. 

Tyler Jones won’t be successful because Grant county AD and athletic administrators are a total joke. If there are not major changes in terms of support and facilities Grant county will always struggle.  Not sure how a school that size does not have a full time AD, a second gym, turf fields, or a full size weight room.  

32nd will be down some next year with SK being the front runners.  Grant has some potential with a solid core juniors and 5-6 seniors.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BA said:

Good luck coach Tyler Jones. 2 years of coaching experience(one Frosh/one middle).  Every coach has to start somewhere to get that experience. There will be a learning curve for sure and it will take great support staff to get program going.  Firing all assistants is not a good start. 

Tyler Jones won’t be successful because Grant county AD and athletic administrators are a total joke. If there are not major changes in terms of support and facilities Grant county will always struggle.  Not sure how a school that size does not have a full time AD, a second gym, turf fields, or a full size weight room.  

32nd will be down some next year with SK being the front runners.  Grant has some potential with a solid core juniors and 5-6 seniors.  

M-O-N-E-Y!!

• theguru changed the title to Tyler Jones is the next boys head coach at Grant County

I'm not sure who the other candidates were but I'm sure he was probably the best choice. The guy knows basketball and if he's given the support from fans and the administration, he should do fine. Be patient and see what happens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, PP1 said:

They will have a new principal next year. 

New principal, new assistant principal, new middle school principal, new superintendent.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NKYBballFan32 said:

I hope he does good for the sake of I love GC basketball.. he was a nice player in 2003, what has he done since?! A year of freshman several years ago, and one year of middle school? Not gonna get it done in the 32nd I’m sorry. 
I’d take Grammer back at this point.

Bold take...wonder why he didn't work with any of the previous staffs, Utter or Grammer, if he had the goal of running the program one day.

1 hour ago, HSBballfan1212 said:

Bold take...wonder why he didn't work with any of the previous staffs, Utter or Grammer, if he had the goal of running the program one day.

He was frosh coach for Ron Kinman,  he quit when Kinman didn’t promote him to JV coach after Utter was promoted to varsity assistant. Kinman brought someone else in.  

2 hours ago, HSBballfan1212 said:

He was frosh coach for Ron Kinman,  he quit when Kinman didn’t promote him to JV coach after Utter was promoted to varsity assistant. Kinman brought someone else in.