Everything posted by DCH33
-
Walton-Verona 63 Grant County 60 (32nd District matchup)
Walton got a little foul trouble! Come on Braves
-
Walton-Verona 63 Grant County 60 (32nd District matchup)
I’m not even going to try to predict this one. If Walton is hot beyond the arc, then it could be a bad night for Grant. If not then I give Grant the edge. I see 2 worn out teams at the end.
-
Scott 96 Walton-Verona 92
Yes they do! I wish I could tell you how I really feel about Montgomery Co, but I won't go there.
-
Scott 96 Walton-Verona 92
Yes I definitely agree. But some teams have limitations of players that other teams are blessed with, then they have to garner other resources to try and win and be competitive. Therefore with Scott, they play hard, and physical. What they have left in the tank at the end I think is what dictates their outcome, or margin for lack of better words. Makes for great Basketball though, and fun to watch.
-
Scott 96 Walton-Verona 92
Scott isn't bad. They play physical and hard. I went to the Grant County at Scott, and was surprised how good the atmosphere was in Taylor Mill. Scott hit a buzzer beater to beat Grant that night. Grant was up 7 or 8 late too I believe.
-
Grant County 54 Walton Verona 51
I’ve stated early that the gap between Grant Walton and Simon is closer than people thought. Was a great game tonight. Very physical and hard fought. That being said, I believe Walton and SK will come to the wire as well. I see a 3 way tie brewing for the district seed. Walton didn’t hit shots early tonight as Grant jumped out early. Walton host district and it will be tough to win against them in their home gym. Walton fans will pack that joint. Should set up a great district though.
-
Former 8th Region Players in College
Spencer Breeden from Grant County, at Gaston College in North Carolina
-
North Oldham 72 Saint Xavier 69
Could North and St X both be considered heavy favorites for the Chip? Well we knew St X and Male were a power in the 7th, but is North Oldham somebody that can get the 8th region a good showing at Rupp. I know it's January, but if they are shooting like this, and continue to play at this level, I'm thinking everyone else in the region is playing runner up. Just my opinion
-
So many games tonight
I won’t dispute that, but the gap is not huge. I still think Grant could sneak in the regional if they are on. Played SK pretty good tonight. They definitely have to work on beating the man to man press.
-
So many games tonight
We will get a good look to see if Grant is closer than we thought to SK, or still far apart, to compete in the 32nd district.
-
8th Region: Week 2
Glad to see Grant County get a nod. They will still be a work in progress, but they do play stingy defense. I think they can claw their way out of the 32nd and get in the regional, but they still have their work cut out.
-
Anderson County 43 Henry County 38
True but Anderson will always play stingy defense.
-
Anderson County 43 Henry County 38
This has been Anderson's forte for years. Stall the game and hold possessions for as long as they can, and wait for the best shot. Anderson has had success with this, but watching any of their games is misery.
-
Ryle 28 Frederick Douglass 27 (OT)
You were right on the money!
-
8th Region Coach (Chris Gaither) Suspended, Reinstated, and Suspended Again
Steve Simpson is the best coach in the 8th. Gaither is great, and as someone who knows nothing about this situation, from details shared in this post, and from what I personally seen from my own eyes, I got to believe this just a loose cannon parent issue.
-
South Oldham 67 Danville Christian 44 (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)
Steve Simpson, is the best coach in the 8th region. He was the AD and and my JV basketball coach, 30 years ago at Grant County. As far as I'm concerned he should still be at Grant County. When the late great coach Wenderoth retired he was passed over, he skipped town for Lincoln County. I always thought it wouldn't take long for him to come back home, but he never did. South Oldham got it right.
-
Open Job: Scott County
Don't have to move to Georgetown! He could move to the Grant Co area, near the 75 Corridor. 25 minute drive to Georgetown and a 20 Minute drive to Florence, and way less traffic. Of course all the perks of the Suburban life for the kids would be shot out the window, but you never know.
-
Open Job: Scott County
Sullivan from Cooper maybe a good fit.
-
Why is Coach Sullivan being forced out of Cooper?
I was thinking the same exact thing. But depending how far Cooper goes, and state tourney being delayed because of Rupp hosting NCAA, would Scott County wait? I'm certain wind has gotten to the heads of Scott County on this, and no doubt he is on the radar.
-
Open Job: Scott County
I agree. It befuddles me to see Scott County reduced to what they are now. Listen I'm a Grant County guy, and when Scott County was in our district, it was misery every year. But I had all the respect and admiration for Billy Hicks, and appreciated greatness when you got to personally see it. He had that charisma about him, and when he made his appearance everyone knew. I eventually think the newness of of Great Crossing will somewhat wear off, and Scott County will get the players. I'm certain this is still a top job. it's hard to replace a legend for sure, but it's hard to replace the talent Scott County could get as well.
-
South Oldham 61 Simon Kenton 59 (8th Region Quarterfinals)
Can Steiner get over the hump? The man has definitely put his dues in. I also believe he has the team to do it, but it seems when it really counts they find a way to lose it. I would say this was not the first round matchup they wanted. Sure SK plays great defense, but Steve Simpson is a great coach, and probably been watching video on their first meeting. The dragons will shoot the lights out of the Roy tonight, and if they are hitting look out. Shoot till you make it, and keep shooting till you miss is the Steve Simpson philosophy. Should be a great game. I'm a 32nd district guy and will root for SK but my gut tells me South by 4.
-
Open Job: Scott County
The Late Great Billy Hicks knew what was on the horizon, with Great Crossing coming in, when he stepped down. Then it's hard to replace a legend.
-
Why is Coach Sullivan being forced out of Cooper?
Man this whole post, and this specific comment, has Grant County written all over it lol.
-
Grant County 54 Walton Verona 43
Grant had 2 starters out when they played the first time. 1 of those starters is Olivia Ginn, who the consensus says is their best player. When healthy, Grant is a tough matchup. SK only beat Grant by 5 or 6 the first meeting Grant got their 2 starters back at the right time. Great end of season win against Anderson County at Anderson to head into districts. Should be a good final. These 2 teams are no strangers from playing in a district final, and meeting in a regional final. I believe 2 times in the last 6 years this has happened.
-
Best Coach in the 8th Region?
Will Steiner ever get over the Hump and win the 8th? SK has the highest enrollment in the region. Seems year end and year out they just can't get it done when it counts. I think last year was their best chance.