Everything posted by BigRob
-
Open Job: Grant County
Who is up next for them? Tyler Jones?
-
Open Job: Grant County
Agreed.
-
2023-2024 9th Region Discussion
How's that football going over there at Cooper?
-
2023 Cooper Jaguars
No ax to grind, just stating simple analytical data. I am sure all the coaches will do their best to teach and coach the young men. The kids are a great group, I just believe they need someone different to lead.
-
2023 Cooper Jaguars
So what you are saying his last good team was in 2015? Ok, so the past 8 years has been a rebuild and "right the ship" as you put it endeavor. And to use the argument of how many current coaches have a state final appearance, regional championship or multiple ones is perfect. There aren't because they are shown the door after given so many opportunities and failing. Time for a fresh start at Cooper, step back and do the AD thing, give a young upcoming coach a chance.
-
2023 Cooper Jaguars
Well, numbers don't lie. Overall record is 84-87 thru 15 seasons as the coach. He has had 8 losing seasons. Been sent home the 1st round of playoffs 7 times, 2nd round 2 times, 3rd round 1 time, 1x in semi's and 1x in the state finals. That state final team was 11 years ago, 11 years!! He has some really good talent in that time frame too. So, my opinion may be unpopular, but it is backed up with data. Can someone else tell me in the Northern Ky area where a coach has had an overall losing record over 15 years and still has the job? Again, the separation of AD and coach is a must. ?
-
2023 Cooper Jaguars
Cooper will have a lot of talent this year, but unfortunately, the same coach. If he wasn't the AD too, he would've been gone. Having a team every 6-7 years that does something, isn't good enough. Keep stacking the team, but won't matter. Just my unpopular opinion.
-
Open Job: Covington Holy Cross
Just my thoughts, but I think the whole child on the team can sway thoughts and emotions. Need to stay away from that. Just my opinion.
-
Open Job: Covington Holy Cross
I think the search really needs to avoid previous head coaches. I am thinking that they need a change of thinking in that spot. I do like the idea of McClendon though. He is very knowledgeable and demands respect. Unfortunately, from most recent years, the players have seemed to rule the roost. If not him, maybe a younger former player that can relate, but has some old school in him. It will be interesting to see who all applies for sure.
-
Reed Sheppard Named 2023 Kentucky Mr. Basketball
You won't find them. The vote took place years ago for this, lol.
-
Former Holy Cross Coach Resigns
With him the over/under is 3 years. He does seem to do pretty good where he goes and gets the buy in from the boys. Good luck wishes to coach.
-
Beechwood 67 Covington Holy Cross 64 (35th District Semifinals)
Single digits? Well at least they will have a moral victory then going into region.
-
Grant County’s Mason Guffey Transfers
Unfortunately, I was told from a parent down there, that they've actually had like 20 kids either quit or transfer just since Utter has been the coach. Also was told that Coach Guffey will be on the Taylor staff.
-
2021 Kentucky All-Star Team
Felt bad for KY All Stars, all that D1 talent Indiana had and they play team ball. Hard to defend that when they do that.
-
Open Job: Montgomery County
Shouldn't Coach Wright get the chance for an extra year like all these players reclassifying? Obviously, it would make a huge difference for him like it's going to for all these players reclassifying! (Hope everyone catches the sarcasm).
-
9th Region Draw
Struck a nerve, lol. I love this!!
-
9th Region Draw
What I am saying is that they are kids and anything can happen. All the teams making to the region are good. Yes, some may be better than others, but they all are good. I wouldn't discredit Ryle or Newport, as you did. Unfortunately, Cov Cath played a team that was not afraid of them and knew how to play them. Tough draw, but I am sure they will be back next year. So let's all root for the 9th to win it all.
-
9th Region Draw
What I am saying is throw all that out the window when it gets here. Sure they spent the year at or near the top, but as tonight shows, anything is possible. That is what is so great about NKY basketball. The teams are so good and on any given night can win. Putting numbers to teams just fuels the other teams. So it is what it is.
-
9th Region Draw
yes i would
-
Covington Catholic vs. St. Henry Predictions/Updates (9th Region)
I heard that all the other teams decided not to play because everyone is saying this game is the actual championship. Not bad idea. "Bold Strategy Cotton, let's see if works"
-
9th Region Draw
I think HC is coming out. Full team back will be a problem for Conner.
-
9th Region Draw
I would say they are a top8 team now.
-
9th Region Draw
Not so fast.
-
Sweet 16® Draw
I don't get why the kids even need to play. Sounds like the people on here have already picked every regions winner. Some need a reminder that these are kids and that the unthinkable can happen. Some of these "top" teams may lose.
-
Highlands 80 Walton Verona 59
Looks like WV should've stayed out of the 9th this year. Some big losses.