Sweet 16® Draw

• theguru changed the title to Sweet 16® Draw
4 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

#SeedTheSweet16

As long as we are fixing things, lets make sure the best 16 get in too. And while we are at it, let's break things into 2 or maybe three classes like the rest of the country has done (except for Delaware who only has about 80 high schools in the whole state).

Oops, I forgot, KY's is the best state tournament in the country, and we should never, ever change it regardless of what makes sense.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

As long as we are fixing things, lets make sure the best 16 get in too. And while we are at it, let's break things into 2 or maybe three classes like the rest of the country has done (except for Delaware who only has about 80 high schools in the whole state).

Oops, I forgot, KY's is the best state tournament in the country, and we should never, ever change it regardless of what makes sense.

Guess football should be draw also based on that criteria.

It takes 4 wins, just Four Wins to win the tournament. Why should teams perceived to be the best get the best draw to make it easier for them? If they are truly the best they'll win and advance against any competition. Random draw for all 16 is the fairest way to do it...in my opinion the only way.

As we saw last week, teams perceived to be the best got boat raced. But if the Sweet 16 was last week those teams in a seeded tournament would have got the easiest matchup to ensure they wouldn't meet until the finals.

You just can't seed state wide accurately when teams play such varied schedules and competition. 

• Like 6