Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Covington Holy Cross

Featured Replies

  • Replies 46
  • Views 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • TheConch
    TheConch

    CovCath Grad, UC Walk On who gained popularity quickly with the phrase “Tobler Time”, currently a CovCath assistant. 

  • The Double Deuce
    The Double Deuce

    ....well his chances just went WAY up. Zach is a terrific young man, has a ton of connections from playing at UC, and really knows the game.  He is green, to be sure, but you could a lot worse. 

  • TheConch
    TheConch

    Are you telling me that NKY is a small world? 

Posted Images

Does Stephen Muck have a shot at this job, given how late in the year it is, and his familiarity with the boys and the program?

This could be an interesting opening in the 9th.

Some very intriguing possibilities:

  1. McClendon - does he get a chance at his alma mater?
  2. Goetz - is he really retired?
  3. Grammer - is he trying to come back to Kentucky?

Then again, they could just promote the other Sorrell.

28 minutes ago, HSBballfan1212 said:

This could be an interesting opening in the 9th.

Some very intriguing possibilities:

  1. McClendon - does he get a chance at his alma mater?
  2. Goetz - is he really retired?
  3. Grammer - is he trying to come back to Kentucky?

Then again, they could just promote the other Sorrell.

It is very interesting.  I was wondering about Muck myself.  I have zero insider info but I would guess Grammer is persona non grata.  I mean he interviewed for outside jobs I believe every year he was there and job hops ever 1-2 years. I personally wouldn’t want any part of that circus. 

4 minutes ago, rjal said:

It is very interesting.  I was wondering about Muck myself.  I have zero insider info but I would guess Grammer is persona non grata.  I mean he interviewed for outside jobs I believe every year he was there and job hops ever 1-2 years. I personally wouldn’t want any part of that circus. 

I have no inside info just seeing the last two coaches at HC are available.  It will be interesting to see who applies and who gets hired.

I’m going to assume Muck doesn’t want it again. He’s passed before and his family is bigger. I think Andre will apply. Detzel being on staff and a teacher at the school would make him a viable candidate if he wanted it. 

3 hours ago, PRS said:

I’m going to assume Muck doesn’t want it again. He’s passed before and his family is bigger. I think Andre will apply. Detzel being on staff and a teacher at the school would make him a viable candidate if he wanted it.

Detzel's son is also in the program.  I believe he will be a sophomore.  

Sounds like Andre McClendon is definitely going to be live here as an option, as referenced above by @HSBballfan1212.  Ricardo Johnson's name is also bubbling up as an option.

Andre McClendon

Ricardo Johnson 

Zack Tobler

 

2 hours ago, TheConch said:

Andre McClendon

Ricardo Johnson 

Zack Tobler

 

Interesting group....I believe there's 0 years of head coaching experience combined.

30 minutes ago, HSBballfan1212 said:

Interesting group....I believe there's 0 years of head coaching experience combined.

I agree. Just spitballing here. Everyone needs their start somewhere. 

15 minutes ago, Hoops Junkie said:

Who is Zack Tobler?

CovCath Grad, UC Walk On who gained popularity quickly with the phrase “Tobler Time”, currently a CovCath assistant. 

2 hours ago, TheConch said:

CovCath Grad, UC Walk On who gained popularity quickly with the phrase “Tobler Time”, currently a CovCath assistant. 

Interestingly he is the cousin (second) of girls head coach Ted Arlinghaus. 

25 minutes ago, rjal said:

Interestingly he is the cousin (second) of girls head coach Ted Arlinghaus. 

....well his chances just went WAY up.

Zach is a terrific young man, has a ton of connections from playing at UC, and really knows the game.  He is green, to be sure, but you could a lot worse.  Would be something else if he was to land this job (seems like a big if) and Alex Shelton lands the Ludlow Football job (another fairly big if).  

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.