9th Region Draw

9th Region Boys Draw: Saturday 3/20/21 - 9:00am
9th Region Girls Draw: Saturday 3/20/21 - 10:30am

Boys Quarterfinals: Monday 3/22/21 7:00pm (District Champs Host)
Boys Semifinals: Wednesday 3/24/21 6:00pm & 8:30pm (At Holmes)
Boys Finals: Friday 3/26/20 7:00pm (At Holmes)

Girls Quarterfinals: Thursday 3/25/21 7:00pm (District Champs Host)
Girls Semifinals: Saturday 3/27/21 1:00pm & 3:30pm (At Holmes)
Girls Finals: Monday 3/29/20 7:00pm (At Holmes)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Runcible Owl said:

Per James Weber, "Now there's a discussion on moving all these games to Holmes."

I saw where only the CovCath/Saint Henry game will be at Holmes, the other three will be at the District Champs home gym.

13 minutes ago, bjknku02 said:

Why would Cov Cath agree to this, you would think it would be an advantage playing on their home court?

More fans allowed to attend? What are they doing with attendance at these games?

Holmes gym is 2.5 times bigger than CCH.

Plus, the next two rounds are at Holmes so get more comfortable with the court.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

As soon as Dixie beat St. Henry last night you could see that CovCath/St. Henry coming in the first round. Dixie looks like a big favorite to get to the final; top half is much stronger. 

If Holy Cross plays with composure and discipline, I see them as a problem for Dixie. But Holy Cross could very easily lose to Conner if they get distracted by adversity.

• Like 1

I would presume the ability to bring in more fans and provide for a more COVID safe environment are the primary reasons for CCH to opt for Holmes.  By all accounts, Holmes did an outstanding job hosting the Districts.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

More fans allowed to attend? What are they doing with attendance at these games?

Holmes gym is 2.5 times bigger than CCH.

Plus, the next two rounds are at Holmes so get more comfortable with the court.

I get the fan approach to this decision, if that is the reason and CCH benefits financially from this decision. I am not sure how the finances are split up?  This will most likely allow more CCH fans to attend in person.  I honestly think CCH is more than eager to exact revenge on St. Henry and it won't matter the court the game is played on.  

CCH just played their last two games at Holmes, them and HC should be the most comfortable of any of the teams in the tournament at Holmes.   Right now the goal is to survive and advance, you would think you would want to play the game in the gym you practice at everyday, if given the option?  In my opinion, St. Henry playing on their own home court was a big reason they pulled out the win in the first game.    

• Like 1