9th Region Draw

10 minutes ago, B-Ball-fan said:

So none of the teams in your book previous to tonight's games would get a Top 4 billing?

What I am saying is throw all that out the window when it gets here. Sure they spent the year at or near the top, but as tonight shows, anything is possible. That is what is so great about NKY basketball. The teams are so good and on any given night can win. Putting numbers to teams just fuels the other teams. So it is what it is.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BigRob said:

What I am saying is throw all that out the window when it gets here. Sure they spent the year at or near the top, but as tonight shows, anything is possible. That is what is so great about NKY basketball. The teams are so good and on any given night can win. Putting numbers to teams just fuels the other teams. So it is what it is.

So you’re saying that if CovCath had played either Newport or Ryle. throw the books out because you just never know? Each and every team entering the Regional tournament in your mind were on an even playing field?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, B-Ball-fan said:

So you’re saying that if CovCath had played either Newport or Ryle. throw the books out because you just never know? Each and every team entering the Regional tournament in your mind were on an even playing field?

What I am saying is that they are kids and anything can happen. All the teams making to the region are good. Yes, some may be better than others, but they all are good. I wouldn't discredit Ryle or Newport, as you did. Unfortunately, Cov Cath played a team that was not afraid of them and knew how to play them. Tough draw, but I am sure they will be back next year. So let's all root for the 9th to win it all. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BigRob said:

What I am saying is that they are kids and anything can happen. All the teams making to the region are good. Yes, some may be better than others, but they all are good. I wouldn't discredit Ryle or Newport, as you did. Unfortunately, Cov Cath played a team that was not afraid of them and knew how to play them. Tough draw, but I am sure they will be back next year. So let's all root for the 9th to win it all. 

Not discrediting Newport or Ryle, just stating what 99.9% of people other than you, know for certain that CovCath is without doubt incredibly much better than those teams. 

You and I both know that you know this as well, you’re not fooling anyone now matter how you’re trying to spin it, or trying to discredit me in the process. People see through it. 

You and I both know too that even though Dixie has proved themselves to be a legit Top 5 team in the region, because you initially doubted this, you’re not willing to rethink it, or admit it, so previous to the regional tournament you flippantly referred to them as Top 8 as if all team were on equal status, which we all know just isn’t the case. 

Can great underdog stories happen come tourney time? Sure thing. 

Can a team like CovCath go down twice in a season that no one believed that they’d be even beaten once within the region?

Yes they did to another very good team, but who's kidding who here to make us believe that you believe that hypothetically with CovCath playing either Newport or Ryle that “you just never know”, or that you don’t see that there’s a pretty definite drop off in strength between certain teams within this year’s regional tournament?

Oh but you're the high road guy, and I discredited Newport and Ryle, right?

People see right through that BigRob.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BigRob said:

Unfortunately, Cov Cath played a team that was not afraid of them and knew how to play them. Tough draw, but I am sure they will be back next year. So let's all root for the 9th to win it all. 

Facts, and 100% with you on the last line. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, B-Ball-fan said:

Not discrediting Newport or Ryle, just stating what 99.9% of people other than you, know for certain that CovCath is without doubt incredibly much better than those teams. 

You and I both know that you know this as well, you’re not fooling anyone now matter how you’re trying to spin it, or trying to discredit me in the process. People see through it. 

You and I both know too that even though Dixie has proved themselves to be a legit Top 5 team in the region, because you initially doubted this, you’re not willing to rethink it, or admit it, so previous to the regional tournament you flippantly referred to them as Top 8 as if all team were on equal status, which we all know just isn’t the case. 

Can great underdog stories happen come tourney time? Sure thing. 

Can a team like CovCath go down twice in a season that no one believed that they’d be even beaten once within the region?

Yes they did to another very good team, but who's kidding who here to make us believe that you believe that hypothetically with CovCath playing either Newport or Ryle that “you just never know”, or that you don’t see that there’s a pretty definite drop off in strength between certain teams within this year’s regional tournament?

Oh but you're the high road guy, and I discredited Newport and Ryle, right?

People see right through that BigRob.

Struck a nerve, lol. I love this!!