Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Draw

Featured Replies

Who was it that painted Dixie as the region's dark horse in his last review, and has been singing their praises all season long when others doubted him that they were a Top 5 team? ?

  • Replies 51
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The Double Deuce
    The Double Deuce

    You can feel SHDHS and CovCath playing in the first round from a mile away. And I'm 100% here for it!!

  • The Double Deuce
    The Double Deuce

    Never a doubt!!!     Highlands hosts Ryle CovCath hosts the Cru  Dixie hosts Newport Conner hosts Holy Cross

  • B-Ball-fan
    B-Ball-fan

    Not discrediting Newport or Ryle, just stating what 99.9% of people other than you, know for certain that CovCath is without doubt incredibly much better than those teams.  You and I both know th

Posted Images

12th Region Refs, Any idea how this will favor any of the teams with fouls? Lol.

1 hour ago, bjknku02 said:

Why would Cov Cath agree to this, you would think it would be an advantage playing on their home court?

The "home court" travels well.

1500x500 (79).jpeg

1 minute ago, Runcible Owl said:

The "home court" travels well.

1500x500 (79).jpeg

6...I mean 3 feet apart guys. ?

Crazy to have 2 teams in the state top 3 playing in the first round, but that's we have.

Let's go!

 

2 minutes ago, B-Ball-fan said:

6...I mean 3 feet apart guys. ?

* Some rules and restrictions may apply. Please see your retailer for details.*

From what I have observed this season in the 9th the Cov. Cath./St. Henry game is probably for the title. I'm wondering if the decision to move this game to Holmes was voted on by all 8 schools or just agreed to by Catholic. I know myself as a coach if I felt this was the team to beat I would not care about the gym size I would be wanting to play this game on my home floor. I don't see needing another game at Holmes to get use to the floor I personally don't see anyone else beating them at Holmes or anywhere else.

7 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

From what I have observed this season in the 9th the Cov. Cath./St. Henry game is probably for the title. I'm wondering if the decision to move this game to Holmes was voted on by all 8 schools or just agreed to by Catholic. I know myself as a coach if I felt this was the team to beat I would not care about the gym size I would be wanting to play this game on my home floor. I don't see needing another game at Holmes to get use to the floor I personally don't see anyone else beating them at Holmes or anywhere else.

Highlands, a top 10 team in the state, has an excellent shot at winning the region as well. Even more so if the St. Henry/CovCath game is an emotional/physical grinder.

8 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

From what I have observed this season in the 9th the Cov. Cath./St. Henry game is probably for the title. I'm wondering if the decision to move this game to Holmes was voted on by all 8 schools or just agreed to by Catholic. I know myself as a coach if I felt this was the team to beat I would not care about the gym size I would be wanting to play this game on my home floor. I don't see needing another game at Holmes to get use to the floor I personally don't see anyone else beating them at Holmes or anywhere else.

In years past when it was CovCath’s turn to host the district tournaments they opted to have them played at Holmes to allow for more fans. This year especially with only allowing for 25% capacity, having it at Holmes, a much bigger gym, is a no brainer. 

1 minute ago, colonel-fan said:

Highlands has an excellent shot at winning the region as well, even more so if the St. Henry/CovCath game is emotional grinder.

Agree.  If Highlands is hitting from outside, they can beat anyone.  First game against CovCath they shot 27% from 3.  On the year they are closer to 43%.  Was that Highlands off night or Cov Cath defense? I hope we get to find out Wednesday.

5 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

Highlands, a top 10 team in the state, has an excellent shot at winning the region as well. Even more so if the St. Henry/CovCath game is an emotional/physical grinder.

I was going by the regular season where Catholic beat Highlands by 16 at Highlands in the regular season.

8 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I was going by the regular season where Catholic beat Highlands by 16 at Highlands in the regular season.

That's understandable but, as someone pointed out, Highlands was uncharacteristically off from 3 point land that game. Plus it's CovCath and Highlands, so anything could happen.

4 minutes ago, B-Ball-fan said:

In years past when it was CovCath’s turn to host the district tournaments they opted to have them played at Holmes to allow for more fans. This year especially with only allowing for 25% capacity, having it at Holmes, a much bigger gym, is a no brainer. 

That maybe true but I would guess it was the administration that decided this. I coached for 20+ years I'll would guess if coach Ruthsatz had his way this game would be played at Catholic now if they had drew Ryle or Newport maybe. jmo

Will any of the 1st round games have video available to purchase?  

7 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

That's understandable but, as someone pointed out, Highlands was uncharacteristically off from 3 point land that game. Plus it's CovCath and Highlands, so anything could happen.

In looking back a little the Highlands has only defeated Catholic 1 time (2018) in the last 12+ years. I think Catholic is the team imo.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.