9th Region Draw

From what I have observed this season in the 9th the Cov. Cath./St. Henry game is probably for the title. I'm wondering if the decision to move this game to Holmes was voted on by all 8 schools or just agreed to by Catholic. I know myself as a coach if I felt this was the team to beat I would not care about the gym size I would be wanting to play this game on my home floor. I don't see needing another game at Holmes to get use to the floor I personally don't see anyone else beating them at Holmes or anywhere else.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

From what I have observed this season in the 9th the Cov. Cath./St. Henry game is probably for the title. I'm wondering if the decision to move this game to Holmes was voted on by all 8 schools or just agreed to by Catholic. I know myself as a coach if I felt this was the team to beat I would not care about the gym size I would be wanting to play this game on my home floor. I don't see needing another game at Holmes to get use to the floor I personally don't see anyone else beating them at Holmes or anywhere else.

Highlands, a top 10 team in the state, has an excellent shot at winning the region as well. Even more so if the St. Henry/CovCath game is an emotional/physical grinder.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

In years past when it was CovCath’s turn to host the district tournaments they opted to have them played at Holmes to allow for more fans. This year especially with only allowing for 25% capacity, having it at Holmes, a much bigger gym, is a no brainer. 

1 minute ago, colonel-fan said:

Highlands has an excellent shot at winning the region as well, even more so if the St. Henry/CovCath game is emotional grinder.

Agree.  If Highlands is hitting from outside, they can beat anyone.  First game against CovCath they shot 27% from 3.  On the year they are closer to 43%.  Was that Highlands off night or Cov Cath defense? I hope we get to find out Wednesday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

Highlands, a top 10 team in the state, has an excellent shot at winning the region as well. Even more so if the St. Henry/CovCath game is an emotional/physical grinder.

I was going by the regular season where Catholic beat Highlands by 16 at Highlands in the regular season.

8 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I was going by the regular season where Catholic beat Highlands by 16 at Highlands in the regular season.

That's understandable but, as someone pointed out, Highlands was uncharacteristically off from 3 point land that game. Plus it's CovCath and Highlands, so anything could happen.

4 minutes ago, B-Ball-fan said:

In years past when it was CovCath’s turn to host the district tournaments they opted to have them played at Holmes to allow for more fans. This year especially with only allowing for 25% capacity, having it at Holmes, a much bigger gym, is a no brainer. 

That maybe true but I would guess it was the administration that decided this. I coached for 20+ years I'll would guess if coach Ruthsatz had his way this game would be played at Catholic now if they had drew Ryle or Newport maybe. jmo

7 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

That's understandable but, as someone pointed out, Highlands was uncharacteristically off from 3 point land that game. Plus it's CovCath and Highlands, so anything could happen.

In looking back a little the Highlands has only defeated Catholic 1 time (2018) in the last 12+ years. I think Catholic is the team imo.