Everything posted by gchs_uk9
-
Lexington Christian Academy 55 W.E.B. DuBois Academy 12
WEB DuBois hasn't played near the caliber of competition as LCA. I don't think it's a running clock but I'd say something like 35-7 in favor of LCA.
-
Ballard 28 Fern Creek 0
Good question. And are they all suspended for the next game or can you stagger them across multiple weeks in order to keep playing, and also not punish the upcoming team(s) on your schedule by not getting to play?
-
3A RPI Rankings - 2026
I don't know enough about them to say specifically, but you're probably right. And it coincided with an uptick in talent at Knox and McCreary, two schools Bell has traditionally beaten on the football field.
-
3A RPI Rankings - 2026
Very likely they'll be the four seed and playing at Lawrence County in the first round.
-
Belfry 40 East Ridge 0
Belfry by a bunch, but we watch the highlights on WYMT every Friday night and the running back from East Ridge looks like a really nice player. Glad to see the Warriors having some success.
-
Something Seems Fishy: Riherd's, Tackett, and Arbiter
Inquiring minds across the commonwealth want to know why we went from the absolute best scoreboard to the absolute worst. I'm not apologizing for digging.
-
What Are You Reading: 2026
I really like Patrick Radden Keefe. His previous book, Say Nothing, about the Troubles in Northern Ireland was great, and was later made into a TV series on FX. However, this one was a bit overwhelming. There was so many characters to keep up and it seemed almost from the beginning that there would be no clear resolution. I wouldn't say don't read it but I might pick up something else before this one.
-
Garrard County 25 Casey County 0
Not necessarily. I suspect a Garrard/Mercer game late season will be very competitive.
-
13th Region Super Regional
As a Garrard County fan in a really difficult district, I fully appreciate Whitley County's perspective. As you mentioned in an earlier example, there have been several years where our school was among the top 6-8 teams in the region, yet we haven't played in the region in over twenty years because of the current district setup (including Lincoln, Boyle, Danville, and now DCA). I'd still like to see some guidance from the KHSAA about long-term plans for this format in the 15th and other regions.
-
Boyle County 38 Ballard 3
Ballard seems pretty strong on defense but very limited on offense. My guess is the Bruins stay close for a bit but Boyle ultimately rolls.
-
13th Region Super Regional
I don't love it and I don't hate it. What I don't like is that the opportunity has existed for several years in the 15th Region and now seems to be happening in the 13th Region, but has there been any guidance for other regions? How long is this "trial period"? Is there a timeline? People cursed and yelled for years because the 39th District drew instead of seeded, and the commissioner even held a meeting with those four schools, but there seems to be little advice or recommendations from above about this format..
-
What Are You Reading: 2026
I've been reading this off and on for well over a year. Wasn't always enjoyable but definitely learned a lot!
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 3A Football Rankings 9/21
I believe they've been 6th all season. Where should they be? Obviously not ahead of CAL and their schedule isn't close to Lexington Catholic. I think they have a case to be ahead of Murray and Lloyd when comparing strength of schedule, but they're both undefeated. Fair or not, I wonder if their second round loss to Union in the playoffs last season after finishing the regular season undefeated has left a speck of doubt in the minds of those doing the rankings?
-
Woodford County 62 George Rogers Clark 20
Maybe, but GRC seemed a bit of a paper tiger. Their wins have come against poor competition.
-
Kentucky 31 Texas A&M 21
That was about the most unexpected win ever. Go Cats!
-
Kentucky 31 Texas A&M 21
Maybe a stretch play, something off tackle, take a little extra time?
-
Kentucky 31 Texas A&M 21
Eh, didn't love those calls. Three straight same plays. I'm okay with running it but maybe a slightly different look on one of the three?
-
Kentucky 31 Texas A&M 21
Agreed. Big play upcoming.
-
Kentucky 31 Texas A&M 21
Offensive line is dominating right now. Running lanes are wide open.
-
Kentucky 31 Texas A&M 21
Felt a little desperate.
-
Kentucky 31 Texas A&M 21
That was the best drive of the Stein era. Impressive!
-
Kentucky 31 Texas A&M 21
Very solid half by Kentucky. Would love to see them pull this out!
-
Kentucky 31 Texas A&M 21
Touchdown Cats! Great play call!
-
Kentucky 31 Texas A&M 21
Why in the world did Kentucky take a timeout there?
-
Kentucky 31 Texas A&M 21
Credit due, perfect throw and catch. Kentucky has to capitalize.