Josh Smith is head football coach at Carroll County

Smith is a 2005 Frankfort grad, and played tight end at Johnson C. Smith University for 2 years before exiting football and finishing out his college career at Western. He served a stint in the Army before joining the football coaching ranks. I believe he has generally worked in the IT department for school districts, which is an interesting alternative to having someone who's "in the classroom".

Per @J. Peterman in the open job thread:

"Joshua Smith was an assistant at Sayre this past season. 

He has had couple of stints at Frankfort as Def. Cord. 

Was at Shelby during their last semi-final run. 

Had a short stint at KSU with Coach John L. Smith 

Played college football at school in North Carolina. Played for Foley at Frankfort."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, AirRaidCoach said:

Did a little Google search to confirm and found this! 

Article about Coach

Here are some highlights from that article:

WINNING WITH INTEGRITY AT CORE OF NEW COACH
Jennifer Willhoite

April 25, 2024

Coach Joshua Smith is set to take the reins of the Carroll County High School football program. He's gearing up for a season that's not just about touchdowns, but about modeling integrity and sportsmanship on and off the field.

“I want to give them structure and communicate to these kids so they know they have coaches they can rely on,” Smith said, noting he strives to develop a family atmosphere among his players. “We have to build this program within the lives of the kids or it won’t be sustained.”

Smith said he encourages his players to be multi-sport athletes. 

The U.S. Army veteran said he will focus on structure, clear communication, servant leadership and building relationships with the team, the community and the student body as a whole.

==============

There is plenty more at the above link.

This looks like a great hire for the Panthers and thanks for your service, Coach Smith!

• Like 2

This is an outstanding hire by Carroll County. I believe they have hired one of the up and coming young head coaches. He comes from a football family. He has worked for some really good head coaches. But most importantly everyone I have talked to says to things about Coach Smith. 1. Players love him, he knows how to connect with kids. Also has a players first mentality. 2. He has a football mind. Really knows the game and studies it. 

I'm not sure what type of program Carroll is or has been, but I do think with some time you are going see good things in Carroll County. 

• theguru changed the title to Josh Smith is head football coach at Carroll County
4 hours ago, J. Peterman said:

This is an outstanding hire by Carroll County. I believe they have hired one of the up and coming young head coaches. He comes from a football family. He has worked for some really good head coaches. But most importantly everyone I have talked to says to things about Coach Smith. 1. Players love him, he knows how to connect with kids. Also has a players first mentality. 2. He has a football mind. Really knows the game and studies it. 

I'm not sure what type of program Carroll is or has been, but I do think with some time you are going see good things in Carroll County. 

This isn't the first time they've done that at Carroll County, either. Carroll County gave Hunter Cantwell his first high school head coaching job back in 2017.

• Like 2