Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

J. Peterman

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by J. Peterman

  1. How do schools afford this type of facility?
  2. Drive Starters 2nd - Long: notes tell me not to try to get it all back in one play. - 3rd & (5-7 yards) Based on where we are on the field. This down can be tricky 4th Short Plays 2pt Plays Specials - Plays I want after change of possession or if game has no rhythm so light a spark.
  3. If I were making the decision to work at Lex Cath, my first call would be to Chad Pennington, and my second call would be to Chad Pennington. After that, I would open up for applicants.
  4. Very good hire for Paris. They just upgraded their head coaching position.
  5. We will see some improvement under year one. My concern is that it may be a slower process at Henry Clay for Coach Hawkins. This one is a major overhaul and he is the man for the job.
  6. I suggest returning to someone who has saved the program a couple of times. This person has just won a state title as an assistant coach and spent the last few years learning from a successful Coach. The man for the job is Boo Washington. Paris product that has been successful at Paris two different stints. I say bring him back so he can take advantage of the facility upgrades and use of knowledge he has gained the last couple of years of helping build Sayre into a Class A Champion.
  7. Why should they consolidate? Bourbon isn't this juggernaut in sports or education.
  8. I don't think filling the job will be the problem. I am sure there will be plenty of people lining up to take over as head coach. The question I think is more important is the Belfry community reading for the next guy. Meaning to support his vision for Belfry football program. What if the next coach wants to run a spread offense? Is that something people of Belfry can be okay with. No matter the next person will do things differently than Coach Haywood so that may take some adjustment.
  9. Big loss for Western Hills. I believe Coach Vanderpool was building something. Western Hills should do a search.
  10. Rice brought 37 kids for $4k. It costs more than $4K to educate kids in school. Rice brought kids in to help Rice not raise test scores at Paris. Every coach across the state tries to get kids for wins, so this idea that he did Paris a favor is silly. Any fan isn't a fan if they don't do things to help try to keep their coach. I enjoy listening to fans blame school districts for not supporting their coaches. Especially those that don't donate time or money.
  11. I want to start by saying that Coach Rice is an adult and is free to pursue any job he wants. However, he didn't take a better job by going to Bourbon. As for the folks of Paris, I am sure they have some justified crosswords for Coach Rice. It's one thing to tell a bunch of kids you love them, believe in them, and want the best for you, BUT I am taking at your cross-town rival because the coaching stipend is $100 more. It's not like he's leaving Dayton for Beechwood. Yeah, Coach Rice did win some games, but not until he brought a bunch of kids from Lexington to improve the overall talent pool. I know Bourbon Co. is about four blocks closer to the city of Lexington maybe that's why he took the job.
  12. Shelby County has many problems from the top down. This is bigger than coaching. Unfortunately, he has been in a district position and a part of the dumb decisions in Shelby Co. I expect more of the same old results.
  13. If you have followed Coach Hawkins you know he doesn't stay long. He is a guy that comes in and fixes things and then on to the next fixer upper.
  14. Station has a guy on staff that would do a great job as the head coach. Don Miller former Western Hills coach.
  15. I will admit I am not up to speed on the drama at St.X so forgive me if I am missing something. Are they upset with Wallace because he rated their kid so low? Or are they upset because he has been producing enough titles? I am confused.
  16. Sayre has a huge opportunity in Fayette County right now. They just showed the entire county that they can win a state championship, as schools like Henry Clay and Dunbar struggle Sayre is a place to go and be a part of success. Plus, they just had a player sign a D-1 power 4 conference. Sayre could explode and become a destination school for some young men wanting to be a part of something big.
  17. First, let me say this about Coach Smith. Bright young Coach. I had the opportunity to watch the Anderson Co. game. He was way overmatched. But the team appeared to be playing hard he coached his butt off because that is who he is. Knowing the guys who influenced him and his dad's influence, I can assure everyone that he went hard for Carroll Co. and the kids there. Every coach who accepts a job has a vision and plan. They often think they can shuffle both family and coaching. Coaches pour much into other people's kids and never get enough credit for their efforts. Parents and fans focus so much on winning. One thing I noticed on social media after his announcement was how parents commented that they hated seeing him go and the next statement about how much he meant to that community. I read one female soccer parent's comment on how he made every sporting event and supported all students, and that community had never had a football coach care for all sports. I am not 100% sure but sounds like to me the young man was doing something right.
  18. Congratulations to Paducah Tilghman. This game reminded me a lot of the Class A game. Even though the score was close I never felt that Franklin County was going to be able to win. I think Tilghman shot themselves in the foot several times, which kept this game from being wide open. They amassed almost 500 yards of offense. As for Franklin Co., those kids battled and had their chances. They showed plenty of grit, and when I thought the game was slipping away, they found a way to pull it back.
  19. Congrats to Sayre! Very Impressive to win it in so few years! Just my thought this game never seemed like Sayre was going to lose. Raceland was very predictable in their play calling. Wasn't impressed with Raceland today.
  20. Congrats to this young man. I look forward to seeing his development.
  21. Wish Coach Stonebreaker the best of luck. First order of business has to be keeping Danville kids at Danville.
  22. It's not always the other team that holds teams to certain amount of points. Turnovers and penalties also contribute to the amount of points scored. Last week vs Cov. Cath the coaches assisted with holding themselves by not kicking FG's when they were in range. There are many factors to go along with Franklin County's defense which I think is very good. I look for this game to be a defensive struggle. Not a lot of points scored by either team.
  23. Should be a great game. Franklin passing attack was absent last week. The gutted one out on the ground. You have to be able run the ball to win. I think the edge goes to the Flyers. FCHS 14 PT 7
  24. I am pulling for the little guy... Sayre Spartans. In just 6 short years Coach Pennington has this program in state title game. Sayre 21 Raceland 13

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.