Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Call Sheet

Featured Replies

What type of data / information should coaches have on their call sheets for the game?  Offense, Defense, Special Teams... what should coaches include to make sure they are prepared and their team has their BEST opportunity to win?

 

 

  • Author
10 minutes ago, theguru said:

callsheet.jpeg

Andy Reid Disciple... no doubt.  ?

25 minutes ago, theguru said:

callsheet.jpeg

I want a Triple Hash Brown right, scattered, smothered, covered on 2 on 2 ready break!

3 minutes ago, DTRaider said:

I want a Triple Hash Brown right, scattered, smothered, covered on 2 on 2 ready break!

I am easy, All Star and water for me!!

Everyone is different in what they want or need on a sheet.  My favorite are the guys that don't need it, it's all in their head.  That's super impressive to me.

In my experience. Creating the playsheet is enough to really organize my thoughts. 

I have a front and a a back.

The front of the sheet has things organized by what play series we are working with (trap, buck, waggle. belly, belly sweep, etc. passing concepts as well.) the bottom of the page has situationals such as 3rd/4th down, script, 3rd and long, 2 pt. etc. 

The back is where I try and be a little different.

I have it spread out to show plays for every gap instead of the series at the top of the page. 

I have 5-6 plays for each of my playmakers to get the ball at the bottom.

3 ways of thinking, series, gap, player. and the personnels are highlighted for the differences. 

Honestly rarely look at it. creating it makes me in the correct head space. When I've tried to look at it I get caught up in finding the correct play call and less time trying to find a groove in the game. 

When I have made mine, I have every possibility we could run against multiple fronts. I may have GH Counter listed but 4 different fronts being 4 different play calls. Not only does this sheet have all my plays, but situational plays as well (Open field, 2 Minute, GoalLine, Redzone, etc.) But, my call sheets are the back up plan, what I focus on is the script I have built for that game, which narrows down everything.  

Opening script

Pass Menu

Short Yardage

Goalline

Playmaker calls

Shots

Reminders

On 3/30/2025 at 3:48 PM, ChiefSmoke said:

What type of data / information should coaches have on their call sheets for the game?  Offense, Defense, Special Teams... what should coaches include to make sure they are prepared and their team has their BEST opportunity to win?

 

 

 

Drive Starters

2nd - Long: notes tell me not to try to get it all back in one play. - 

3rd & (5-7 yards) Based on where we are on the field. This down can be tricky 

4th Short Plays 

2pt Plays 

Specials - Plays I want after change of possession or if game has no rhythm so light a spark. 

On 4/12/2025 at 4:53 PM, J. Peterman said:

3rd & (5-7 yards) Based on where we are on the field. This down can be tricky

Yes, it sure can be.  Especially depending on the type of Defensive Coordinator you are playing against.  Those aggressive, pressure type guys can make this situation feel un-nerving.  

But, IMO, the type that it's the worst is the DC that self scouts so well that he doesn't have a true tendancy.  He doesn't tip his hat.  So you have no idea what you are going to get. 

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.