Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton

Featured Replies

The wheels have come off the team. I started looking thru the schedule and maybe I thought SK was better than they were. Point being, where is the quality win this season?

Lafayette, South Oldham, and Highlands are pretty good wins also.

They’ll be in the region tournament and lose in final four.

They’ll be in the region tournament and lose in final four.

 

Bold.

I agree with HSBballfan24 as that has been SK's history. Sitting back and watching this season unfold as so many of SK's prior seasons have gone. As I said before the season starts I think the administration needs to change.

Prediction for the 8th (Winner/Loser):

29th - South Oldham/Oldham County

30th - Collins/Spencer County

31st - Gallatin County/Carroll County

32nd - Walton Verona/Simon Kenton

 

This would mean Simon Kenton would draw Gallatin, Collins, or South Oldham. I don't have any faith that Simon can beat Gallatin or South Oldham let alone Collins. But to have to face two of those in back-to-back rounds would be a daunting task for the Pioneers.

SK beat South Oldham earlier this year at South Oldham. They did lose to Gallatin by 3 in a game that Gallatin shot 70 percent from the floor and 60 percent from 3. I don't think it is out of the question to say SK could beat either of these teams.

 

The 8th is really a tossup. I think there is easily 5 or 6 teams that could win it.

Is there a “coach in waiting” here? Any big public school would have many, many candidates.

SK beat South Oldham earlier this year at South Oldham. They did lose to Gallatin by 3 in a game that Gallatin shot 70 percent from the floor and 60 percent from 3. I don't think it is out of the question to say SK could beat either of these teams.

 

The 8th is really a tossup. I think there is easily 5 or 6 teams that could win it.

 

I agree with you. SK could potentially lose to any of these teams. They could also beat any of them. When you have a special player like Niece, and some good side kicks like he has... anything can happen. Can’t put it all on coaching. Kids must execute.

NewYorkLife, if you are talking about SK, the current coach is a school administrator. He is going nowhere until we wants to, so....

NewYorkLife, if you are talking about SK, the current coach is a school administrator. He is going nowhere until we wants to, so....

 

Fact. And this is where the debate begins on whether administrators should be coaches. School gets handcuffed.

Fact. And this is where the debate begins on whether administrators should be coaches. School gets handcuffed.

 

Working out fine at Gallatin...

I think people are to quick to blame coaches. Steiner does a good job.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.