Everything posted by Watchmen
-
Simon Kenton/Walton Verona updates
Looks like it’s rinse wash and repeat for SK year end and year out This team should be in control of this game by a larger margin. I’m not expecting a long stay at regionals. Yet again
-
10th Region Tournament Draw
I’m heading to BB&T as well. Mason County bleachers are way too uncomfortable for my aching back. The Fieldhouse has seen its hay day. Wish they would move it to a more modern facility like the majority of the rest of the state has done.
-
Simon Kenton
The wheels have come off the team. I started looking thru the schedule and maybe I thought SK was better than they were. Point being, where is the quality win this season?
-
John Hardin 72 Scott 69
My observations of Scott are limited. From what I have seen, they can be a very dangerous team but play really loose. While that can be fun for the players, it’s a bad formula against good teams. Shooting contested 3’s, loose with the ball when you have the lead late in games allows a good team to come from behind and win. My opinion: coaches need to drive accountability for better in game decisions by players. Otherwise, this team may do a little damage but certainly won’t contend.
-
Does size matter in the 8th Region?
To answer original post....... no size doesn’t matter but certainly benefits. However, coaching does play a major role
-
Simon Kenton 63 Walton Verona 60 (2OT)
Have got out to watch the girls this year and will be curious to see how they have improved from last year. I know this group will compete so whoever beats them will have to play hard I don’t see them being in the top tier in the state but certainly should be in the mix for the region.
-
Murray/ Mercer County updates. Girls sweet 16 first round at BB&T Arena
Thank you for the updates
-
Simon Kenton/Ryle Predictions Sweet 16 First Round
That’s the question. Ryles coach nearly cost them against holy cross and dixie Will She press and risk foul trouble?. Will she have her players crash the boards and risk foul trouble? Can she use her bench? If no, and she wins the. That’s a lot of wear and tear for a hard run These are but a few questions she hasn’t solved as evident by her first two regional games
-
Paris/Scott updates
I think that’s why it’s such a low scoring game. Hard to shoot when you are being moved
-
Paris/Scott updates
6 fouls called in half I’m not kidding I think I saw 5 on one possession and nothing was called. Very physical
-
Simon Kenton/Ryle Predictions Sweet 16 First Round
Ryle is the favorite coming into this game but there coaching staff has a huge delima. Do you press and run the risk of foul trouble? I’m not sure Ryle can replace shearer if she is in foul trouble and with niece running point sk is usually very tough to turnover. Ryle tends to front load their press and sk is very good at stretching the floor and can and will get some easy baskets. If Ryle sends shearer to preassure the ball then she may be proan to some quick fouls. Ryles head coach has proven to make some strategic mistakes during games so can they handle a big game? Sk is more seasoned with state tourney experience so I don’t see them being rattled and probably playing a little looser given they are the underdog. Coaches have been there and done that My keys to the game Sk Limit Ryle to one shot on offense Take care of the ball Contain shearer and stay in front of her Don’t let Ryle have early big start Ryle Stay out of foul trouble Must produce 2nd chance points Familiarity with NKU may help them to early start
-
Simon Kenton/Ryle Predictions Sweet 16 First Round
I would say BGP poll and the fact they have won twice this season
-
Holmes vs Ryle (9th Region Championship) Predictions
I would think Ryle is favored but would not be at all shocked if Holmes wins
-
Simon Kenton 80 Anderson County 68 (8th Region Championship)
You never know how things would of shaken out Sometimes there is addition by subtraction. Then again, could be part of something special by staying
-
Simon Kenton 80 Anderson County 68 (8th Region Championship)
Great Job ladies!!!! What a great atmosphere for the girls. The placed was packed and loud for both teams! Lady pioneers showed some moxi by playing thru two huge runs by Anderson. With exception of the first 3 or 4 minutes to start the game, and a a late run by Anderson, SK controlled the entire game. Anderson’s late run cut it to 6 but in the blink of an eye SK was back up by 15 and the hung on for the win. I haven’t watched this group as much this year but they proved they can play thru adversity. Very impressed with how they kept their composure throughout Best of luck at state and I know you can run really deep this year!!
-
Gallatin County 72 Simon Kenton 69 (8th Region Quarter-Finals)
My two cents as to difference in game GC kept playing and never changed who they are no matter what the score was. Ball moves and every player is a threat Defensively they really focused on sk offensive sets and jumped the passes multiple times. Sk offensively and defensively very predictable SK offensively is very predictable. They tend to focus on being carried by one player. The vast majority of their offensive sets were trying to get the ball to neice off low curls and back screens. I didn’t see the majority of the rest of the team offensively involved unless they created on their own. Big kid was not utilized on offense. Defensively sk didn’t change after GC found things that were working. As good offensively as the freshmen was, I thought GC took advantage of him on the defensive side multiple times. Sk presses late and was effective but should have been pressing much earlier in my opinion Almost made a game of it at the end but GC was able to hang on for the win
-
BluegrassPreps.com - 2018 8th Region Tournament Preview
What is SKs regional record over past 5 years or 10 years? I don’t really remember the last time they won a regional game. Maybe it’s not been as long as I remember?
-
Mykasa Robinson Commits
What does this do for the Robbins girl commitment? Appears to be a very crowded backcourt
-
Simon Kenton Maddi Meier Class of 2017
Very nice to hear. She could be a steal for the Cumberlands if she dedicates herself. I understand she is a very young SR so she still has the potential for a lot of growth
-
Jake Ohmer commits to WKU
You just totally contradicted yourself with post 143 and 145. The point I have been trying to make is that he should have been on their radar. That is a miss. Period. If he was on their radar then he may of had a scholarship available or at least some conversations. I find it hard to believe be a coaching staff does not recognize a kid that talented 5 minutes from their campus. That's a little alarming for me regarding NKU staff Does NKU have anyone committed for 2018? Weird if they do. See how that works? This is in no way a shot at any 2018 commitment. Just sayin
-
Jake Ohmer commits to WKU
I will also say this.... if the staff is not doing a better job of kicking over every rock to find the hidden gems. They may be in for a rude awakening in a few years. That's why I'm astonished they didn't notice this kid 5 minutes from their house
-
Jake Ohmer commits to WKU
Absolutely Jakes performance was better than Hawkins. I will even say that Jake is a a better player at the same point in their careers
-
Jake Ohmer commits to WKU
I agree regarding the staff. I do find it more entertaining to have the history of the local kids and how they stack up at next level. If I want to watch high level ball then I'm at UC, XAVIER or UK But in the end it's all about $$$$ so your u better put butts in the seats
-
Jake Ohmer commits to WKU
Local colleges..... I'm not buying the "no scholarship available" comment because this kid should have been on their radar last year. He was not All this does for the Norse now is put tremendous preassure on the coaching staff. If Jake goes on to have a successful career at WKU and NKU falters and ticket sales aren't where they should be, then questions should be asked about their recruiting practices. Maybe this works out for all I can tell you this much, Jake is fun to watch and I would have been at NKU to watch just as I do the other local boys on the roster now. Without that local connection, I don't have an interest. I'll stay home and watch UK I think that's the danger for NKU.
-
Jake Ohmer commits to WKU
I think it's a fair question to ask where those coaches were.... with the amount of money spent in recruiting I find it astonishing that no program really took interest in Jake or did a cursory check to see what his numbers are about. If I'm an AD at the local schools and my program has been marginable or struggling at the gate, I have a coaching staff that has some explaining to do.