Open Job: Simon Kenton

Congratulations to Brendan, I know this is something he has aspired to for many years and  feel sure he will be successful and an asset to NKU!

2 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

Wow...good for Brenden.  

This job is Ryan Pernell's to lose, right?  Has to be.  If he wants the job (he will), this should be a one-call close.

Agreed Ryan is a great guy and awesome coach.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2024 at 8:31 AM, The Double Deuce said:

Wow...good for Brenden.  

This job is Ryan Pernell's to lose, right?  Has to be.  If he wants the job (he will), this should be a one-call close.

Not so fast. Don't forget about Jeff Stowers. I can see SK returning him to the head coach spot with Pernell as top assistant and maybe, maybe former SK standout Ally Niece as another assistant. That would be a formidable threesome on staff and also a seamless transition for the team. Jeff never left the bench as Brenden coached the team the last two years. Brenden tried to get Ally on staff during his two seasons but she was entering the workforce and wanted to get her bearings at work before making other commitments. I know that she is comfortable at work and ready to coach. Clip and save.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2024 at 8:31 AM, The Double Deuce said:

Wow...good for Brenden.  

STRONGLY AGREE!! He's the first call that should be made and given the first right of refusal!! Knowing him for almost 30 years and watching his interaction with players from AAU to HS, I would say he would be an excellent HS head coach and continue building on SK's success!  Having 2 elite level kids doesn't hurt either 🙂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mr. Sixer said:

STRONGLY AGREE!! He's the first call that should be made and given the first right of refusal!! Knowing him for almost 30 years and watching his interaction with players from AAU to HS, I would say he would be an excellent HS head coach and continue building on SK's success!  Having 2 elite level kids doesn't hurt either 🙂

Agreed!