2024 Corbin Redhounds

2023 was so close. Corbin is coming off of a 12-1 season where they went on the road in the 3rd round of the playoffs and lost to the eventual state champion Boyle County by a score of 21-14. Looking ahead for 2024, Corbin has some big shoes to fill as they graduate 18 seniors from last year's team. Corbin brings back 3 key players for 2024 season as QB Kade Elam is looking to add another stellar year to his resume. He will have 2 key offensive players back this season in Eli Pietrowski and Cam Estep. These are the 3 players to keep your eyes on for the Redhounds in 2024. Corbin has a host of Freshman and Sophomores that are looking to contribute for this coming season. Thoughts?

Key Losses from 2023:

Carter Stewart 1071 yards receiving

Guy Bailey 766 yards rushing

Jared Smith and Jacob Smith "The Twins" who were a recking ball on defense. 

Zander Curry, Mike Neal and Franklin West will all be missed. 

Key Returners for 2024:

Kade Elam 2443 yards passing and 27 touchdowns in the air and 267 yards rushing with 9 tds. 

Cam Estep 242 yards rushing with 4 tds and 483 yards receiving and 6 tds.

Eli Pietrowski 272 yards receiving 3 tds. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I personally think Corbin was the second best team in the state last year.  I think Boyle beats Trinity and I think Corbin/Trinity is a coin toss.  That being said they may have missed the boat for their first State title in 40 years.  Just lost too much I think.  I've enjoyed watching Elam play the last couple of years but I think they've not used him well.  I think he's been capable of a lot more.  To reach the greatness they've had the last two seasons I think they will need to let him loose.  Even then I don't think they will be able to get to the level of the last two seasons.  Maybe they will prove me wrong. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

I personally think Corbin was the second best team in the state last year.  I think Boyle beats Trinity and I think Corbin/Trinity is a coin toss.  That being said they may have missed the boat for their first State title in 40 years.  Just lost too much I think.  I've enjoyed watching Elam play the last couple of years but I think they've not used him well.  I think he's been capable of a lot more.  To reach the greatness they've had the last two seasons I think they will need to let him loose.  Even then I don't think they will be able to get to the level of the last two seasons.  Maybe they will prove me wrong. 

They had Boyle on the ropes like no one else did last year. A few under-armed throws here and there or a few less hurdles and they could have taken Boyle out.  That being said, losing the Smith Twins on defense will have a huge impact on them. I'm not sure that Corbin has the depth to replace those 4 star studs. They can have a great year, but they won't be state champs in 4A.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/16/2024 at 9:19 PM, BEChargers said:

Corbin will be solid,may be the second best team again in 4A,  unfortunately they have to Play Boyle at some point. 

9 minutes ago, RetiredCoach1968 said:

Corbin will be solid,may be the second best team again in 4A,  unfortunately they have to Play Boyle at some point. 

Boyle County is everyone's Achilles heel so that is a given.

I don't know the answer here so this is for anyone, assuming Boyle, Corbin, and Tilghman all keep winning is there any chance that either Boyle or Corbin could play Tilghman before playing each other?

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Boyle County is everyone's Achilles heel so that is a given.

I don't know the answer here so this is for anyone, assuming Boyle, Corbin, and Tilghman all keep winning is there any chance that either Boyle or Corbin could play Tilghman before playing each other?

Maybe. Corbin and Boyle being in the east means they could play as early as the third round (like last year), while neither could play Tilghman until the semifinals because the Blue Tornado are in the west. It will come down to the RPI again and what type of seasons teams like Covington Catholic, Ashland, and/or Johnson Central have. It's just too early to tell.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...